Identified! CA - Pacifica, WhtFem 593UFCA, 25-46, found in tent, Jun'06 - Christine Kuhn

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! I’m so happy that she got her name back, i was beginning to think she never would!
RIP Christine ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yayyy!!! I'm soo happy R.I.P Christine!! I bet for her daughter this must be a very happy Christmas gift and now she can have closure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RIP Christine.

I bet for her daughter this must be a very happy Christmas gift

Finding out her mother is dead? Um, not really.

It turns out that in 2014, Kuhn's daughter went looking for her long-missing mother, who hadn't been seen since 2005 in Washington, D.C. when she was 41. The daughter submitted her own genetic sample "and a mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) profile was completed and submitted to CODIS," the coroner's office said.

"She had no idea where her mom was so she reported her missing, and part of that process is to submit a DNA sample," Foucrault said.

Fast-forward more than two years. A match.

"So our DNA sample was in the system back in 2006, but [the daughter's sample] was not there yet," Foucrault said, adding that it's taken since 2014 for the Department of Justice to compare all the DNA samples and make a match.

It took three years to "compare all the DNA samples", something the database should do in seconds? Oh really.

The San Mateo County coroner’s office on Tuesday identified the remains of a body found in Pacifica in 2006 as a 41-year-old resident of Washington, D.C.

The remains of an unidentified female were found alongside a service trail off southbound state Highway 1 on June 6, 2006, and were identified Tuesday as Christine Martell Kuhn, who was last seen by her family a year earlier.

The coroner’s office positively identified Kuhn by submitting her DNA to the California Department of Justice and a profile was submitted to the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), which enables federal, state and local forensic laboratories to exchange and compare DNA profiles electronically.
The department was able to match Kuhn to the remains because her daughter submitted a DNA specimen in 2014 and a DNA profile was completed and submitted to CODIS, Coroner Robert Foucrault said.
http://www.sfexaminer.com/human-remains-found-pacifica-2006-idd-dna/

RIP Christine :rose:

RIP Christine. I was beginning to think we'd never find you. I'm glad you are at peace and that your family now also can start their journey to peace. Prayers to them.

I think someone needs to change the title of this thread to. IDENTIFIED.

I'm glad she was finally identified and that her daughter can have closure.

As everyone has said, I’m very glad to hear Christine was identified. This one bugged me because because we had a very recent high quality photo of the UID. I wonder how, or why, she ended up in Pacifica, all the way from Washington, DC.

This case always interested me because I was unaware the photo was an actual photo (mugshot) and not a reconstruction of the victim. I am so glad another case I've been looking at for years has been resolved! I wish they released a another picture of her outside of the mugshot.

Foucrault said Coroner’s Office officials spoke with Kuhn’s former husband and mother, but had not contacted the daughter whose DNA was so vital to the identification.

“He was relieved but shocked at the same time,” said Foucrault, of Kuhn’s husband. “And more shocked than anything.”
With regards to the timing of the identification, Foucrault said the three-year lag following the daughter’s sample submission could be attributed to the bottleneck of pending cases waiting to be assessed by the Department of Justice.
He said the department’s staffing in Richmond is not commiserate with the need to process cases, which can lead long waits in pairing potential matches.
“There are people working on it all the time, but the staffing levels for those places are not consistent with the amount of people missing,” he said.
The identification closes the case for his department, said Foucrault, but he hopes it could offer Pacifica police additional information leading toward solving Kuhn’s cause of death, which is still yet to be determined.

Pacifica police Capt. Jake Spanheimer said law enforcement officials may revisit the case and search for further leads.

“We will have to go back and see where we left off and look at this person’s identify and see what her history was and whether there is anything to go off of,” he said, adding he did not recall that there was evidence of foul play at the time of Kuhn’s body discovery.
http://www.smdailyjournal.com/news/...cle_b0c807b2-e602-11e7-a5e2-473e084cb9f1.html

Yay for DNA technology! RIP Christine and my your family finally have the peace that comes with answers.

As everyone has said, I’m very glad to hear Christine was identified. This one bugged me because because we had a very recent high quality photo of the UID. I wonder how, or why, she ended up in Pacifica, all the way from Washington, DC.

I was just thinking the same thing...good reminder that we shouldn’t always rule out MP possibilities when they’re missing from far away from where the UP was found.

Nothing photos of Christine prior missing? RIP!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back