Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, but we still have the issue of where he is now. Had Paul succumbed to heatstroke, where is he?

Off the trail in an unlikely place that's hard to see. Heatstroke produces mental confusion. He could have crawled under rocks looking for shade, or thought a cactus was a person looking to help him, or simply fallen over a ledge or into a rough area.

but there have been multiple searches.

I hope, no matter where he is, that he is found and accounted for... sooner rather than later.

That’s what I don’t get, and these were experienced searchers that knew the area and all the places to look where he may have been concealed. Relatively small area considering the search started quite quickly. And no scent picked up by dogs. It’s a mystery.

CA - CA - Ankit Goyal, 28, Joshua Tree National Park, 30 Sept 2018

This man was found - considerably after Paul went missing, but sorta in the same area - so there were searches going on for this man, Ankit Goyal, while Paul has been missing. I know there are many different physical directions to take from JTNP so this is just one of them.

I have no real point here other than, where is Paul Miller?

If there's flash flooding in area where Paul disappeared, is there the potential for mudslides to occur, and his body is covered with the earth/sand?

Sorry if this sounds morbid, I'm trying to draw a logical conclusion between PM missing and flash flooding...

If there's flash flooding in area where Paul disappeared, is there the potential for mudslides to occur, and his body is covered with the earth/sand?

Sorry if this sounds morbid, I'm trying to draw a logical conclusion between PM missing and flash flooding...
Good point, MaryG. But the flooding was after all the searches wasn’t it? Just from what I recall. Still, it’s a significant point, who knows, they could have missed him in all those searches. Sad but true.
I’m glad to see at least a few still interested in his case. Hoping to not see it go totally cold as well. It would be good to have an update on the search from those involved.

Some times, I’ll unzip the bottom half of the pant legs off to turn them in to shorts,.....
I'll bet you take the "legs" with you, though, just in case.

Nylon pants and long sleeve shirts also wick sweat off if they're kept loose. The quick drying effect (from the heat) has the paradoxical effect of making you feel cooler.

'Desperate for answers:' Sister of missing Canadian Paul Miller in Joshua Tree, retracing his steps

Dawne Robinson is beside herself, trying to figure out what could have happened to her brother who went out for a hike at Joshua Tree National Park in July and has not been seen or heard from since.

“The fact that he has still not been found is baffling,” Robinson said Saturday. “We’re desperate for answers.”

She and her husband, David Robinson, arrived from Canada late Tuesday, and have since repeatedly hiked 49 Palms Oasis trail – the trail Paul Miller was supposed to have been on when he disappeared on July 13 – accompanied by park rangers and volunteer search and rescue team members.

[...]

upload_2018-11-11_0-22-8.jpeg upload_2018-11-11_0-23-16.jpeg

'Desperate for answers:' Sister of missing Canadian Paul Miller in Joshua Tree, retracing his steps

Dawne Robinson is beside herself, trying to figure out what could have happened to her brother who went out for a hike at Joshua Tree National Park in July and has not been seen or heard from since.

“The fact that he has still not been found is baffling,” Robinson said Saturday. “We’re desperate for answers.”

She and her husband, David Robinson, arrived from Canada late Tuesday, and have since repeatedly hiked 49 Palms Oasis trail – the trail Paul Miller was supposed to have been on when he disappeared on July 13 – accompanied by park rangers and volunteer search and rescue team members.

[...]

View attachment 154933 View attachment 154934
I guess the wife is working so she couldn’t accompany the sister?

And hasn’t it been reported that it rained the day before so they couldn’t hike that day? That’s the reason Paul tried to squeeze in this hike before flying back home later that day.

Yes IIRC it was raining the day before but it was reported they had been at JTNP 2 days prior...meaning this was the 3rd time Paul had been to the park in 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QueenOfPain