Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the wife is working so she couldn’t accompany the sister?

It's reported (at the link) in my post right before this one, Paul's wife is a teacher, FWIW.

Sorry for my repeated post.

Where are you Paul???

ESPECIALLY, IF he is NOT in the park, undoubtedly, HE NEEDS to be listed at NamUs.

Last edited:
Where are you, Paul?

I am not ruling out that he is in the park, maybe fallen somewhere, still to be found, but I also am not personally ruling out foul play. They have searched the areas around that trail pretty thoroughly, it sounds like. I have posted before about maybe him heading in a different direction from the parking lot, and I am curious what other nearby areas have been searched (like even across the street from the parking lot).

I know there is no evidence of foul play, but there wouldn't necessarily be if someone grabbed him in the parking lot, for example. His rental would still be parked there but no Paul. He could miles away.

Whatever happened, I hope they find him, and if he is not found alive, at least his family might have some closure.

9 views along the trail to Fortynine Palms Oasis

Note the picture labelled Larrea Avenue, Twentynine

As has been mentioned previously in other posts, you really can see the town of 29 Palms from the trail.

Where (oh where) are you Paul???

ETA: here's the streetview (looking up towards the 49 palms oasis trail) standing infront of the house with the wooden fence in the (left) forefront of the view (in the photo) of the town from the trail
Google Maps

...hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
'Desperate for answers:' Sister of missing Canadian Paul Miller in Joshua Tree, retracing his steps

Dawne Robinson is beside herself, trying to figure out what could have happened to her brother who went out for a hike at Joshua Tree National Park in July and has not been seen or heard from since.

“The fact that he has still not been found is baffling,” Robinson said Saturday. “We’re desperate for answers.”

She and her husband, David Robinson, arrived from Canada late Tuesday, and have since repeatedly hiked 49 Palms Oasis trail – the trail Paul Miller was supposed to have been on when he disappeared on July 13 – accompanied by park rangers and volunteer search and rescue team members.

[...]

View attachment 154933 View attachment 154934

Thank you! Good find.

With such a short amount of time to hike, [DR] didn’t think her brother would have veered far off trail. They have considered he may have climbed rocks for pictures and possibly fell – but have looked between rocks and under and around brush, as well.

She described her “little brother” as happy, outgoing and having a lot of friends...
“He was always laughing. He was such a positive person – one of those guys everyone is drawn to,” she said.

“He had a job he loved and had just gotten a raise; [his wife] had just gotten a permanent job teaching; their marriage was rock solid,” [DR] said. The family does not consider suicide a possibility.

“We just wish the possibility of foul play could be considered because there’s nothing else that makes sense to us,” she said.

'Desperate for answers:' Sister of missing Canadian Paul Miller in Joshua Tree, retracing his steps

The recent article claims Paul selected 49 Palms Oasis trail THAT MORNING.

Interesting, that's not the impression I had. The link to PM's wife's radio interview in August is no longer working but I summarized what she said in the first thread: CA - CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree National Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018

- They arrived in Joshua Tree on Wednesday (July 11). Due to heavy rains that day, they weren't able to do all the hikes they planned to do. They hiked all day Thursday and planned to do the Forty-nine Palms Oasis hike on Friday morning.

- By the time they had breakfast on Friday, she just didn't feel like going so Paul decided to go on his own to grab some pictures to show her later.

Dawne Robinson is beside herself, trying to figure out what could have happened to her brother who went out for a hike at Joshua Tree National Park in July and has not been seen or heard from since.

“The fact that he has still not been found is baffling,” Robinson said Saturday. “We’re desperate for answers.”

She and her husband, David Robinson, arrived from Canada late Tuesday, and have since repeatedly hiked 49 Palms Oasis trail – the trail Paul Miller was supposed to have been on when he disappeared on July 13 – accompanied by park rangers and volunteer search and rescue team members.

[...]

View attachment 154933 View attachment 154934
Look at all those rocks! Recipe for a catastrophic fall, wedging, head injury. And with the clothes he was wearing that would have given him zero protection from the sun....

In the last few years, there was a murder victim lured to one of those mines... There is evidently a guy who is a mine expert in Joshua Tree. That’s how they found her corpse, which had been tossed down a shaft.

Interesting, that's not the impression I had. The link to PM's wife's radio interview in August is no longer working but I summarized what she said in the first thread: CA - CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree National Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018

- They arrived in Joshua Tree on Wednesday (July 11). Due to heavy rains that day, they weren't able to do all the hikes they planned to do. They hiked all day Thursday and planned to do the Forty-nine Palms Oasis hike on Friday morning.

- By the time they had breakfast on Friday, she just didn't feel like going so Paul decided to go on his own to grab some pictures to show her later.
My mind is blown that they’d hike all day in that heat and sun.

He also would have been extremely dehydrated and in no condition to hike the next day.

There’s something wrong with the details that are being put out. Every time I see new information (to me). None of it makes sense to me. Red flags everywhere.

My mind is blown that they’d hike all day in that heat and sun.

He also would have been extremely dehydrated and in no condition to hike the next day.

There’s something wrong with the details that are being put out. Every time I see new information (to me). None of it makes sense to me. Red flags everywhere.

I have to agree with you!! I really don't believe he is in the park near this trail. I fear we may never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killjoy02