GUILTY CA - Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, violently attacked after assailant broke into their SF home, Oct 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No not at all
I did not think you were blaming the victim: I think that from this point on the Pelosi household needs to get a really good alarm system and I would imagine they will now get police protection for Paul Pelosi when Nancy is not at home. I am surprised there apparently was no alarm system (at least one was not mentioned in the press conference_.

Here is some valid info regarding protection for families of members of Congress. Hope this helps!

I totally agree that after Jan 6, there should be WAY more protection afforded public servants. It’s horrifying the way they are being threatened.
That's one of the many articles I've read. I get why they say anything about what measures are in place. Just makes zero sense with what her place is in the line of succession how he was able to gain entry undetected and it took her husband having to call 911 for anyone to know something was happening.

It’s weird and scary how DD was able to walk right into PP’s bedroom undeterred. Perhaps he forgot to set the alarm. idk

While Paul Pelosi may have forgotten to set the alarm, this happens even in the most securely guarded places.

Years ago Queen Elizabeth awoke to an intruder in her bedroom. Same guy got in twice!

An intruder got pretty far into the White House in 2014.

Not me, I would be barricaded in there armed with bleach spray, lysol, whatever I could find! I think he may have been much safer if he stayed behind a door, away from the intruder.

jmo.

De Pape may have held the bathroom door open for all we know and Pelosi may not have known at that point if DePape had a gun. Lysol is no defense against bullets. Better to keep him calm than anger him IMO.

Last edited:
Not me, I would be barricaded in there armed with bleach spray, lysol, whatever I could find! I think he may have been much safer if he stayed behind a door, away from the intruder.

jmo.

He'd already broken down one door with a hammer. No point riling him up further. It's possible PP knew LE were on their way and he preferred to be alive when they got there, letting the perp rant on about what he would do to NP.

“I think he was traumatized… It got worse and worse because he went down a rabbit hole and he was watching videos all the time,” Frank Ciccarelli, who employed DePape for six years at his landscaping business, told The Post

The 76-year-old described how DePape had been sleeping rough when he first met him, but he’d helped him find a place and he had been living in the garage of a 90-year-old former photographer for the last two years

Ciccarelli added how he felt “shock and disbelief” upon hearing he was responsible for the attack as he went to clean out some of DePape’s possessions, including a gaming chair and weights, from the garage Monday.

A federal affidavit unsealed on the same day described how officers had earlier found a sword, hammers and various paperwork in the garage.

He'd already broken down one door with a hammer. No point riling him up further. It's possible PP knew LE were on their way and he preferred to be alive when they got there, letting the perp rant on about what he would do to NP.
When my sister and her husband were assaulted in their home during a break-in, my BIL consistently referred to their assailants as “buddy” and “friend” in order to keep them calm and not as likely to kill or physically harm my sister or himself. It worked. They weren’t the main target anyway- the criminals were a couple of oxi heads who just wanted to rob them. Thank GOD.

When my sister and her husband were assaulted in their home during a break-in, my BIL consistently referred to their assailants as “buddy” and “friend” in order to keep them calm and not as likely to kill or physically harm my sister or himself. It worked. They weren’t the main target anyway- the criminals were a couple of oxi heads who just wanted to rob them. Thank GOD.
Bingo. You see it in arguments and fights in public as well - somebody with a cool head will say "buddy," "friend," etc to a stranger who is an aggressor but not actually a buddy or friend as a way to calm a situation down. Not hard to envision at all.

Jmo

Prosecutors generally decline to prosecute if threats are not deemed imminent or actionable. The FBI relies on its scale of "mobilization indicators" when assessing threats, according to Garen Wintemute, a University of California, Davis professor who studies political violence.

"This plan would include an emphasis on adding redundancies to the measures that are already in place for Congressional leadership...The Dept. will continue to coordinate w/state & local law enforcement agencies on Member security" when they are away from the US Capitol.

The Department’s long-term plans to expand our protective operations are already underway-- their importance only emphasized by Friday’s brutal attack. We will continue to work with our Congressional partners to add additional agents and security enhancements to support our protective operations mission.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge
Back