GUILTY CA - Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, violently attacked after assailant broke into their SF home, Oct 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Me too. I wonder if they will move. Their house doesn't seem secure. IMO.
She has full security when she is there, and Capitol police were supposed to be monitoring the house. My guess is that he didn't turn the alarm on. She will stay in SF because she was just re-elected to another term.

David DePape, the suspect in the attack on Pelosi, is being held without bail ahead of his trial. He faces state charges of attempted murder, burglary and elder abuse. He also faces federal charges including attempted kidnapping of a U.S. official.

David DePape described in detail holding Paul Pelosi in his house against his will in the recordings, played by prosecutors during a preliminary hearing to determine whether DePape will go to trial on state charges. He also could be heard discussing the attack itself, which ended when he allegedly struck Pelosi in the head with a hammer as the two struggled over the tool.

The interview recording, as well as 9-1-1 recordings and police body camera footage, highlighted a key evidence hearing Wednesday to determine whether David DePape will stand trial in San Francisco County Superior Court on a slew of charges in the late October attack. DePape also faces federal charges in the case.
DePape repeatedly told an investigator that he had no plans to surrender and that he was fueled by anger over lies by the Democratic Party and what he viewed as illegal behavior on the part of elected Democrats, according to the recordings.

In describing his thought process as he stood in the Pelosi’s foyer and cops entered the house, DePape told police that “he (Paul Pelosi) thinks that I’ll just surrender, and I didn’t come here to surrender.”

During the interview with police played in court Wednesday, DePape made references to other people that he planned to target and said that Paul Pelosi’s attempts to call police did not sit well with him.

“I will not be stopped here.” DePape told investigators while recalling the break-in.

He also described his thought process earlier during the break-in when Paul Pelosi called 9-1-1. “It’s like, honestly, he pushed me into a corner. He pushed me into a corner where I have to do something.”

More details of his interview with detectives, conducted hours after the encournter, are expected later Wednesday as the hearing continues. Judge Stephen M. Murphy will decide after hearing from prosecutors whether there is enough evidence to send DePape to trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back