GUILTY CA - Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, violently attacked after assailant broke into their SF home, Oct 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Next court date for him is Dec. 28th on the arraignment on the State charges according to a reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle that I just heard on MSNBC. February on the Federal charges.

Pelosi’s California home didn’t receive security review in four years before October’s violent attack, Capitol Police chief says​

I wonder where DePape was radicalized.

IIRC, in some earlier articles they interviewed his friends and people he rented from. They said he started spending a LOT of time on his computer, visiting conspiracy theory web sites and discussion groups. He stopped going out and even didn't want to go work at his job. Spent all his time on the computer.

If you don't think the detail about "who opened the door" is at all important, why would nbc suspend an award winning journalist for (possibly accurately) reporting about "who opened the door"? Why not let him correct the record? No harm, no foul.
Because it was spun to support the conspiracy theories that Paul wasn't in danger. It was completely inaccurate reporting. Reporters don't get to go "on the record" and correct their stories. That's something that only newspapers do. The bodycam footage has been released and shows Pelosi opening the door. He was in danger whether he realized it or not. There's no conspiracy that he was in on it with DePape, who was a total stranger, who woke him up in the middle of the night after breaking in. That's why Pelosi was in his underwear- and he was the only one who was.

I see discussion of the minutiae of cases on nearly every thread I follow. Even though the big picture is known I think it’s the nature of the sleuther to want to know everything about anything, even though it doesn’t change the big picture.

When a journalist is suspended over a report that appears to be factual reporting, I want to know why. I am more curious now that another NBC affiliate is reporting the same things.

imo
It was proven NOT to be factual.

I honestly couldn't care less about the garbage folks say on social media. Frankly, if social media imploded today and never came back, I think the world would be a much better place.

That said, it's critically important to document, factually, detail by detail, everything that happened and establish the timeline of the events. In any case, this one or any other. This creep that broke in and assaulted PP is probably enjoying all this stupid controversy and I'm sure his eventual lawyer(s) are too, and will use it in his defense. And that's why, IMO it's vitally important ALL of it is documented. Including who opened the door, who was standing where, any conversation that happened, etc., before PP was attacked.

jmo
They can try and use it in his defense, but we aren't to that stage of the case yet, so it's not relevant, and I don't care to provide his defense team with possible strategies.

They can try and use it in his defense, but we aren't to that stage of the case yet, so it's not relevant, and I don't care to provide his defense team with possible strategies.
Facts are always relevant, at every stage of a case.
That's all anyone wants in this case as well. Well, that and due justice, that comes as a result of showing those facts.

Facts are always relevant, at every stage of a case.
That's all anyone wants in this case as well. Well, that and due justice, that comes as a result of showing those facts.
Actual facts, yes. Not hypotheses as to why the victim opened the door. The victim isn't on trial here. I've seen no other case where it was questioned why a victim opened the door for the police.

Last edited:
Actual facts, yes. Not hypotheses as to why the victim opened the door. The victim isn't on trial here. I've seen no other case where it was questioned why a victim opened the door for the police.
I've followed countless cases on here where everyone questions just about everything in a case, including why the victim did/said what they did. It all helps to understand why folks do what they do, and that's never a bad thing, to encourage questions for that reason.

In this specific case, I think the sudden action of pulling the story and canning the journalist did more harm than good, as it just seemed to feed that sort of "red flag conspiracy" thing so common now. I think that was a very bad move.

Either way, in the end I think justice will be done and I'm glad for that.

jmo

I've followed countless cases on here where everyone questions just about everything in a case, including why the victim did/said what they did. It all helps to understand why folks do what they do, and that's never a bad thing, to encourage questions for that reason.

In this specific case, I think the sudden action of pulling the story and canning the journalist did more harm than good, as it just seemed to feed that sort of "red flag conspiracy" thing so common now. I think that was a very bad move.

jmo

Questioning the situation is fine, but it seemed to me that it wasn't questioning that's the issue here, but the implication made in the questioning. When LE points to a victim, for people to suggest the victim wasn't really a victim because he opened the door is wrong and that doesn't happen on other threads. jmo

Questioning the situation is fine, but it seemed to me that it wasn't questioning that's the issue here, but the implication made in the questioning. When LE points to a victim, for people to suggest the victim wasn't really a victim because he opened the door is wrong and that doesn't happen on other threads. jmo
People read into things that aren't there. It happens. In any case, I'm glad this nut was caught and will face due justice for what he did.

jmo
Faulty journalism should always be called out. It was irresponsible of the reporter not to fact-check his sources. So many false rumors were spread because of it. I'm glad that he lost his job. It's journalism 101 to fact-check your sources, and I'm not even a reporter.

People read into things that aren't there. It happens. In any case, I'm glad this nut was caught and will face due justice for what he did.

Not sure if you're implying we're reading into things or that the people implying unsavory things were. Either way, I think we can all agree now that those conspiracy theories were wrong and this victim deserves the same consideration every other victim does. JMO.

Biggest criminal murder trials set to begin in 2023​

Unknown — David DePape (California)

David DePape, 42, will stand trial sometime in 2023. After his preliminary hearing on Dec. 14, a trial is expected to begin in the new year.

DePape was charged with both federal and state charges after he attacked Paul Pelosi, husband of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), in their San Francisco home on Oct. 28 with a hammer. DePape was seeking out Nancy Pelosi, threatening to break her kneecaps if he didn't receive the answers he sought.

Biggest criminal murder trials set to begin in 2023

Please note: This is not a murder trial; however, charges include attempted murder charge. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89
Back