GUILTY CA - Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, violently attacked after assailant broke into their SF home, Oct 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"During a preliminary hearing last month, prosecutors played portions of Paul Pelosi's 911 call plus footage from Capitol police surveillance cameras, body cameras worn by the two police officers who arrived at the house, and video from DePape's interview with police. However, when news organizations asked for copies of that evidence, the San Francisco District Attorney's Office refused to release it. The district attorney's office argued releasing the footage publicly would only allow people to manipulate it in their quest to spread false information. However, the news agencies argued it was vital for prosecutors to publicly share their evidence that could debunk any false information swirling on the internet about the attack, according to The Associated Press." Paul Pelosi attack video ordered to be released by California judge

I'm on the fence here about releasing the footage.
On the one hand, I agree that it could debunk the claims out there that don't paint Pelosi in a flattering light.
On the other hand, I think it might already be too late. The intentional lack of transparency only fueled all that sort of thing so it may now be a case of folks seeing what they want to see.
Then on the other hand (I had to grow another arm just for this case!) I really do not want to see that nutter beating on an old man with a hammer. Ugh, no thank you.

jmo

"During a preliminary hearing last month, prosecutors played portions of Paul Pelosi's 911 call plus footage from Capitol police surveillance cameras, body cameras worn by the two police officers who arrived at the house, and video from DePape's interview with police. However, when news organizations asked for copies of that evidence, the San Francisco District Attorney's Office refused to release it. The district attorney's office argued releasing the footage publicly would only allow people to manipulate it in their quest to spread false information. However, the news agencies argued it was vital for prosecutors to publicly share their evidence that could debunk any false information swirling on the internet about the attack, according to The Associated Press." Paul Pelosi attack video ordered to be released by California judge

I'm on the fence here about releasing the footage.
On the one hand, I agree that it could debunk the claims out there that don't paint Pelosi in a flattering light.
On the other hand, I think it might already be too late. The intentional lack of transparency only fueled all that sort of thing so it may now be a case of folks seeing what they want to see.
Then on the other hand (I had to grow another arm just for this case!) I really do not want to see that nutter beating on an old man with a hammer. Ugh, no thank you.

jmo
I agree.

I think one major argument against releasing it, is that it won't actually stop the false claims, because those folks are not (at least not all, and it only takes a few) subject to the laws of reason. They want to believe what they want to believe. IMO they would just claim the footage had been tampered with.

I've followed countless cases on here where everyone questions just about everything in a case, including why the victim did/said what they did. It all helps to understand why folks do what they do, and that's never a bad thing, to encourage questions for that reason.

In this specific case, I think the sudden action of pulling the story and canning the journalist did more harm than good, as it just seemed to feed that sort of "red flag conspiracy" thing so common now. I think that was a very bad move.

Either way, in the end I think justice will be done and I'm glad for that.

jmo
The threat was still present, it was just that the victim was able to open the door for police. When someone is already dead, they can't do that.

Unfortunately I just witnessed it. It was a brutal attack. DePape is crazy. They also played his breakin. There's no question that he wasn't let in.

Yes, it happened just as Pelosi and LE said it did. Very terrible attack and I hope he recovers 100%. It would also be nice if some folks stopped treating the misfortunes of others as sport or entertainment. JMO

Um...that was unexpected and creepy! His voice was so calm and almost robotic, was he reading from a note I wonder?

"I want to apologize to everyone. I messed up. What I did was really bad. I'm so sorry I didn't get more of them. It's my own fault. No one else is to blame. I should have come better prepared," he says.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72
Back