GUILTY CA - Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, violently attacked after assailant broke into their SF home, Oct 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bay Area crime is up. My best friend came out of retirement this past year to work armed security mainly in the San Francisco Bay Area. He's been working armed security for TV crews at protest's and at wealthy peoples homes who are afraid they will be attacked. I'm surprised the Pelosi's were not aware of this danger and didn't hire armed security because of it. JMO

Hamid Moghadam, the CEO of the San Francisco-based real estate company Prologis, was robbed outside his home at gunpoint in broad daylight in June. He subsequently sent a letter to city and state officials about the incident.

The assailant confronted Paul Pelosi by shouting, “Where is Nancy?” according to another person familiar with the situation who was granted anonymity to discuss it. The Democratic congresswoman was in Washington at the time.

The calling out of her name was a sign that the assault could have targeted the lawmaker, who as speaker is second in line to the presidency. The ambush was a particularly savage reminder of the extremism that has coursed through American politics in recent years, adding to a sense of foreboding with the Nov. 8 election nearly at hand.

Just a bit of background on politicians' safety here in the UK. Two MPs have been murdered in the last ten years, the last was last year in an horrific attack.

This doesn't give anything particularly secret away. MPs homes are registered with the local police force, many of them have electronic alarms fitted that trigger direct to the police rather than a third-party alarm company. It wouldn't surprise me if the Pelosi home - IMO - was already on a list of sensitive homes in the SF area, that police would automatically be flagged to give extra/particular suspicion to, should a 911 call come in. That's how it works in the UK, even if for example you're in witness protection or the police are assisting due to a violent ex-partner (in some cases anyway, not in all, AFAIK), your number would automatically trigger a different flag when you call 999.

Still - as a violent criminal might say, the police will take two minutes, I only need 30 seconds. Chilling to think that one's life might be either lost or saved on the back of a huge chain of events successfully kicking into motion when you press a button on your iPhone or watch, or panic alarm.

The statement that DePape was wearing only underwear has been retracted by the only credible news organization that reported it.

"The claim appears to have ignited when a single news organization, KTVU-TV, reported that DePape was wearing only his underwear when police arrived. Although that news organization is generally regarded as a credible television station, it later posted a correction and removed the information on the underwear from the article."

Source: Paul Pelosi Underwear Rumor in David DePape Attack: FACT CHECK

Fortunately for the record, the police observed this man hitting Mr. Pelosi in the head with hammer as both men struggled for control of the hammer. Mr. Pelosi was able to get a 911 call in that heard the exchange until police arrived.

I don't see a reason that any footage would be released. Police observed an attack with their own eyes. Maybe evidence will be presented at trial. Unlike many crimes where they do not have suspect and the security footage enables the public to aid in apprehension, there appears to be no need to release the footage.

I am not sure why so many people are seeing/intimating that there is something besides a home invasion and harm done to someone. Mr. Pelosi is by all LE accounts a victim of this crime.

this article has the following quote

“Pressed about DePape's political leanings, Taub said he had never been particularly involved.

"When I met him, he was only 20 years old , and he didn't have any experience in politics, and he was very much in alignment with my views, and I've always been very progressive. I absolutely admire Nancy Pelosi," she said.”

sure it is from a person in jail, so make of it what you will

moo

Fortunately, the police observed this man hitting Mr. Pelosi in the head with hammer as both men struggled for control of the hammer. Mr. Pelosi was able to get a 911 call in that heard the exchange until police arrived.

I don't see a reason that any footage would be released. Police observed an attack with their own eyes. Maybe evidence will be presented at trial. Unlike many crimes where they do not have suspect and the security footage enables the public to aid in apprehension, there appears to be no need to release the footage.

I am not sure why so many people are seeing/intimating that there is something besides a home invasion and harm done to someone. Mr. Pelosi is by all LE accounts a victim of this crime.
I do have questions that don't seem to have answers yet. Like how did the perp get in the house? Prior to the assault LE did state that they observed Mr. Pelosi and the perp holding the hammer. If they were both holding the hammer how did LE get in the house? I'm not saying Mr. Pelosi is not a victim because I believe he absolutely is!

Fortunately for the record, the police observed this man hitting Mr. Pelosi in the head with hammer as both men struggled for control of the hammer. Mr. Pelosi was able to get a 911 call in that heard the exchange until police arrived.

Good question!!!!

I do have questions that don't seem to have answers yet. Like how did the perp get in the house? Prior to the assault LE did state that they observed Mr. Pelosi and the perp holding the hammer. If they were both holding the hammer how did LE get in the house? I'm not saying Mr. Pelosi is not a victim because I believe he absolutely is!

Most news reports have shown a back glass paned door with some windows broken out and have stated that was the entry point. I fully expect that a police report will be available in the near future and that would answer the questions of entry. I am not implying people here reacting with a "show me footage or it didn't happen" stance but in general there seems to be a great desire to catch the victim in some sort of compromising or lying position. It is confusing to me. In this day and age when there is high tension around politicians and their safety I am a little taken aback.

There are unconfirmed reports in MSM that point to another person in the home but we have no clue as to who. That third person was said to have opened the door. https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pr...during-attack-on-paul-pelosi-151946821889IMHO.

Yeah, but that's what we do on WS. Toss around different ideas of what really happened during crimes.

I don't recall that it is part of what we do to imply/say "show me the footage or it didn't happen" or give a veiled implication that the victim was somehow engaged in a different way/different activity with a perpetrator in crimes that are here. I guess I see those kinds of questions as not particularly victim friendly especially when LE is outright saying what they are reporting happened. JMHO.

I'm more interested if LE could have done anything different when they entered the home and observed both men with the hammer.

Could they have fired a Tazer when the suspect wrenched the hammer away and prevented him from striking Mr. Pelosi in the head?

Maybe there was no time to do that. Police body cam would tell us. JMO.

Most news reports have shown a back glass paned door with some windows broken out and have stated that was the entry point. I fully expect that a police report will be available in the near future and that would answer the questions of entry. I am not implying people here reacting with a "show me footage or it didn't happen" stance but in general there seems to be a great desire to catch the victim in some sort of compromising or lying position. It is confusing to me. In this day and age when there is high tension around politicians and their safety I am a little taken aback.

There are unconfirmed reports in MSM that point to another person in the home but we have no clue as to who. That third person was said to have opened the door. https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pr...during-attack-on-paul-pelosi-151946821889IMHO.
I'm quoting myself here to illustrate how I see the news reports showing the back glass doors. Hopefully that will explain my curiosity of how he gained entry.
In my experience here on WS I don't believe I have participated on a thread where curiosity and examinations of evidence or statements of LE were not gone over from every possible angle. That's what I enjoy but in no way do I believe Mr. Pelosi is not the victim. :)
Has it been determined or reported how the assailant entered the Pelosi home? I've seen the video and still pictures of the back entrance with the broken glass but it doesn't appear that was a large enough opening for an adult man to enter.
TIA

ETA
I've seen the two french doors open in the video and still photos but how would DD get in without breaking one of those windows? There is no broken glass at the open doors. Also he did not open the door where the broken glass is. Those doors open out as well and the glass is not displaced. Think of snow. If there is snow outside and you open a door outward you displace the snow in a clear pattern. MOO

Has it been determined or reported how the assailant entered the Pelosi home? I've seen the video and still pictures of the back entrance with the broken glass but it doesn't appear that was a large enough opening for an adult man to enter.
TIA

ETA
I've seen the two french doors open in the video and still photos but how would DD get in without breaking one of those windows? There is no broken glass at the open doors. Also he did not open the door where the broken glass is. Those doors open out as well and the glass is not displaced. Think of snow. If there is snow outside and you open a door outward you displace the snow in a clear pattern. MOO

Glass does not behave the same way as snow. Snow is light and fluffy. Glass is not, especially if there are large chards or tiny pieces that don't pile up the way snow does. The purpose of breaking a window like that is usually to open the lock, then open the door, not necessarily to crawl in through the window. MOO.

Bay Area crime is up. My best friend came out of retirement this past year to work armed security mainly in the San Francisco Bay Area. He's been working armed security for TV crews at protest's and at wealthy peoples homes who are afraid they will be attacked. I'm surprised the Pelosi's were not aware of this danger and didn't hire armed security because of it. JMO

I'm pretty sure they were aware (MOO), but this also wasn't a random attack. Based on the many articles posted in this thread that the intruder was specifically looking for the Congresswoman. It was targeted and since Pelosi has SS protection, they likely figured they didn't need more. Obviously an incorrect assumption in this day and age. MOO.

Glass does not behave the same way as snow. Snow is light and fluffy. Glass is not, especially if there are large chards or tiny pieces that don't pile up the way snow does. The purpose of breaking a window like that is usually to open the lock, then open the door, not necessarily to crawl in through the window. MOO.
Maybe snow was a bad example but from the photos I have seen if the door was opened outward the glass would have been displaced to the left and I don't see that pattern or even a suggestion of it. JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I have participated in many threads where the rise of questioning the victim or blaming the victim shut down a thread or caused clean up nightmares. With this case, I think that we have LE reporting key facts and don't see that it there will be a large release of any footage-- LE observed one part of the crime, they have the 911 call and open line, and it seems that it is clear that this man did a home invasion (broken glass and door). There is an open question to who opened the door for LE. The police tackled the perpetrator once he gained control of the hammer and hit Mr. Pelosi according to the LE. Mr. Pelosi is not dead or missing so the speculation and need for footage seem over the top. I think the police report will fill in missing details when it is released. I see murders or missing persons as much more of an important scenario to deconstruct given that the dead or missing can't fill in any blanks and often their crime was not witnessed by LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BDunnam
Back