CA CA - Pearl Pinson, 15, Vallejo, 25 May 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The family of Pearl Pinson, a teenager who went missing in 2016, will host a remembrance event for the missing girl at 5 p.m. May 25 at 1011 Lewis Ave.
Family members plan to share her story and to give more evidence about her case, according to an announcement for the remembrance."

https://www.dailyrepublic.com/solan...brance-for-missing-vallejo-teen-pearl-pinson/
This poor family: --(

Hopefully the new evidence will help find her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

New details uncovered in search for kidnapped Vallejo teen Pearl Pinson

Witnesses saw a man take Pearl at the overpass right by her house.

The only suspect in Pearl’s kidnapping, Fernando Castro, died in a shootout with law enforcement in Southern California.

“Not having him, that is frustrating too, not having the opportunity to even try,” Mattson said.

Detective Mattson says Pearls blood was found in the suspect's car.

KRON4 has obtained new pictures of Castro driving the tan sedan in Bodega Bay, while Pearl was missing.

“We believe strongly that he was the one that did it,” Mattson said.

Still wondering if she is still alive. LE still does searches in the areas where her abductor was seen. That's going to work if she is deceased and they're looking for a body. I'm hoping she is still alive. Of course, that would likely mean sex trafficking and if that is case she could be in Las Vegas, Seattle, NY, Chicago, Atlanta or anywhere. Two years now and that is probably the best we can hope for at this point.

Still wondering if she is still alive. LE still does searches in the areas where her abductor was seen. That's going to work if she is deceased and they're looking for a body. I'm hoping she is still alive. Of course, that would likely mean sex trafficking and if that is case she could be in Las Vegas, Seattle, NY, Chicago, Atlanta or anywhere. Two years now and that is probably the best we can hope for at this point.

It seems as if the only two likely outcomes for Pearl are both tragic. There is a very small window for a happy ending for this story. Very small.

So many things come to mind about this case, the lag to get AMBER alert up & out, no effort to drag Castro's social circle & connections for filth till a well-worn story of his habits & haunts is known... no one bothered to even try tracking his vehicle's precise transit via digital assets (video for some), no testing to check for any unique detritus on kidnap site/clothing/vehicle/etc. that ID's locations...

I am NO ONE yet I can think of dozens of potential directions that ought to have been taken at any time in the last 2 years.

This place sucks. Not at all surprised that the Pinsons' haven't sued for the mess made of their daughters kidnapping despite a very publicly known one from current times.

I can appreciate the idea of an effort if it's occuring out where Castro was killed, but seemed to me she wouldn't have been with him after leaving the bay. Reasons.

Her family is left in the dark like all the others in Central California; I guess that's just how these small time towns roll with it.
They've hardly updated protocol in 40 years (despite having a history for perps traveling to this town just for an easy catch).

We're basically on a route where in 16 hours Pearl could be in Mexico; enough other sorts of trafficking happen out this way that it's not unusual to hear it spoken of in passing.

I can appreciate the idea of an effort if it's occuring out where Castro was killed, but seemed to me she wouldn't have been with him after leaving the bay. Reasons.

Her family is left in the dark like all the others in Central California; I guess that's just how these small time towns roll with it.
They've hardly updated protocol in 40 years (despite having a history for perps traveling to this town just for an easy catch).

We're basically on a route where in 16 hours Pearl could be in Mexico; enough other sorts of trafficking happen out this way that it's not unusual to hear it spoken of in passing.

Vallejo is not in central cal, its in the north bay area. I also don't know why the family doesn't sue in light of the other kidnapping where they accused it as a hoax. the victim in that case did sue.

Does anyone get the sense that there is any LE investigation going on to get information from Castro's family, friends, neighbors, former girlfriends, former classmates, former teammates, former teachers, relatives, coworkers, possible gang associates? As is always said, "Someone knows something." He wasn't a hermit in a cave. Somebody has some information that could help lead to Pearl, or at least answers as to what happened to her. Small bits of information from unconnected sources might be able to be pieced together to get clues as to what happened to Pearl. I sure hope some branch of LE or a PI is still actively trying to ferret out information even though it is a very difficult and baffling case.

Does anyone get the sense that there is any LE investigation going on to get information from Castro's family, friends, neighbors, former girlfriends, former classmates, former teammates, former teachers, relatives, coworkers, possible gang associates? As is always said, "Someone knows something." He wasn't a hermit in a cave. Somebody has some information that could help lead to Pearl, or at least answers as to what happened to her. Small bits of information from unconnected sources might be able to be pieced together to get clues as to what happened to Pearl. I sure hope some branch of LE or a PI is still actively trying to ferret out information even though it is a very difficult and baffling case.

No I'm sorry, but I don't get the sense that anything is going on with the investigation. The only person who knows what happened to her is dead, and it is highly unlikely that he told his family, friends, or anyone else that he was going to murder a girl IMHO. People don't go around telling other people stuff like that. Most people would have reported that to the police, if a family member or friend, told them something like that.

No I'm sorry, but I don't get the sense that anything is going on with the investigation. The only person who knows what happened to her is dead, and it is highly unlikely that he told his family, friends, or anyone else that he was going to murder a girl IMHO. People don't go around telling other people stuff like that. Most people would have reported that to the police, if a family member or friend, told them something like that.

I didn't mean to imply that Castro told anyone what he was planning or where he was going to take Pearl. I meant that people who knew him in some capacity or were in positions to observe him or interact with him, even casually, might have small bits of information about his activities, interests, habits, proclivities, associates, income sources, places he frequented or traveled, etc. In other missing persons' cases, small pieces of information, not valuable in isolation, but when put all together have produced new leads. I'm hoping that this is happening in Pearl's case, but time is passing and I haven't seen any evidence of it. However, I'm not local, so I was wondering if maybe a local had heard anything regarding a continuing investigation.

I didn't mean to imply that Castro told anyone what he was planning or where he was going to take Pearl. I meant that people who knew him in some capacity or were in positions to observe him or interact with him, even casually, might have small bits of information about his activities, interests, habits, proclivities, associates, income sources, places he frequented or traveled, etc. In other missing persons' cases, small pieces of information, not valuable in isolation, but when put all together have produced new leads. I'm hoping that this is happening in Pearl's case, but time is passing and I haven't seen any evidence of it. However, I'm not local, so I was wondering if maybe a local had heard anything regarding a continuing investigation.

I think all the small bits of information that can be collected, would have been collected in the first couple of days. I just don't see any breaks coming in this case. Unless maybe her body is found by someone. But I think even that is a long shot at this point. And even if her body is found, it might not reveal very many clues, except where he dumped her.

I think all the small bits of information that can be collected, would have been collected in the first couple of days. I just don't see any breaks coming in this case. Unless maybe her body is found by someone. But I think even that is a long shot at this point. And even if her body is found, it might not reveal very many clues, except where he dumped her.

It might seem logical that all information would be collected in the first couple of days, but that's not always the case, especially in situations where there is fear of intimidation or self-incrimination, or just plain apathy, indifference or ignorance. When listening to podcasts, by people who do not even have LE backgrounds, that investigate cold cases, I've been amazed and impressed by the information they were able to find just by talking to people. Sometimes, people were more willing to talk to non-LE, and sometimes the pod caster simply had more time than LE to research and track down potential witnesses and persist in getting an interview. If police have essentially given up on Pearl's case, then I hope a cold case pod caster will pick it up. If nothing else, the pod cast "stirs the pot" and renews public interest, which in turn puts pressure on LE to dust it off and take another look. MOO

I follow Pearls group and unfortunately I believe KaaBoom is correct... I feel her family understands they won't ever really know why Castro did it and honestly, they just want to find Pearl. They don't blame his family, and they just want the focus on Pearl. I feel so bad, her sister is so young and to carry such a heavy burden at that age. I hope she takes this and uses it as motivation to be all she can be and live her life to the fullest and do everything Pearl would want her to and not use this as a way to cope by other means or substances as a lot of young people including my self did. I wish I could just hug her and tell her Rosey you are so strong!! Wherever Pearl is shes proud of you!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back