CA CA - Quartz Hill, WhtFem UP4348, 17-23, in creek bed, possible name Cathy, Mar'81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I tried to find the place according to the all the info, I googled (maps) to find it....but the exact spot is hard to find.....

Hmmmm http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3586dffl.html Could it be the same white shirt....and who where the couple she travelled with ....doesn't feel good at all......

Interesting that she said she was going to California, height is only 1 inch off, and age range fits nicely. It is suggested that 'Cathy' Doe was a prostitute so she could have easily been working as a street girl between her disappearance and June 20 1980 (the date mentioned above as the date the sunset strip killers killed 'Cathy').

My mom lived in quartz hill at this time. Will ask if she knows anything about this.

interesting, she'd have been 22 in 1980. I'd also probably describe her as having a high forehead like the description of the UID, it also sounds like she was taken against her will, could have been forced in to prostitution?

I wondered, was there evidence of a shotgun entry in her skull? The sunset killers claimed/said they killed "Kathy" but I couldn't find any confirmation on that. There were so many killers around in California at that given time.....

Old newspaper articles from officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com

http://www.officialcoldcaseinvestig...291-Unidentified-Female-Found-1981-California

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AAIBAJ&pg=6347,140324&dq=sunset-murders&hl=en

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&pg=6763,6687559&dq=sunset-murders&hl=en

https://news.google
.com/newspapers?id=wW8RAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XuIDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5738,5982810&dq=sunset-strip-slayings&hl=en

and an old article

MASS KILLER'S LOVER ADMITS 2 SLAYINGS SAYS SHE SHOT MAN, DECAPITATED CORPSE
Miami Herald, The (FL) - Wednesday, May 4, 1983
Author: UNITED PRESS INTERNATIONAL

In a surprise confession, a lover of Sunset Slayer Douglas Clark has admitted decapitating her former sweetheart and killing a prostitute.

Carol Mary Bundy, 40, a vocational nurse from suburban Burbank, tearfully pleaded guilty to two first-degree murder counts moments before her trial was to begin.

She had previously pleaded innocent and innocent by reason of insanity to charges she shot and decapitated her former lover, John Robert Murray, in 1980, and that she helped Clark kill a still-unidentified prostitute.

Murray was shot to death by Bundy, who told officers "it's really fun to do." She decapitated his body with a boning knife so police could not trace the bullet. The head has never been found.

She once told investigators she was "sort of half-way in love" with Murray, but decided to kill him to make sure he did not testify against Clark, her live-in lover.

Bundy was also charged with helping Clark kill a prostitute whose skeleton was found in a rural canyon in 1981.

Clark, 34, a former factory worker from Burbank, was sentenced in March to die for the murders of six young women. Prosecutors said some of the killings involved necrophilia, and the head of one victim was kept at Clark's home in a freezer.

Bundy, who testified against Clark, will be sentenced May 31. She faces terms of 52 years to life.

Hi Romulus.

Tried to find her UID Namus file, but I couldn't find a Jane Doe found on 3 march, only 2 march...Will you take a look. https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/4348 Do you think it's the same girl/our Jane Doe and the date or wrong, or do you think it's another Jane Doe. It's realy important that the dates are correct, compairing the right files....

Romulus, according to Catherine Lynne Sjoberg
Stats are totaly ok. Also she seems to have a slight overbite. She has had a broken collarbone...I wonder if you can see that on a skeleton? Only the story sounds strange, from a prom ball ending up in LA as a prostitute...but stranger things have happened. If case file on namus found on 2 march is this Cathy Jane Doe, than they can only do a check on the dental information, because this UID DNA is insufficient to use.

From the Namus missing persons file

65.0 - 165,1cm
115.0 to125.0
There is dental information, also DNA

• [*=center]Date Of Birth: January 15, 1957
    [*=center]Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old 22 years in 1980
    [*=center]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" (165 cm); UID between 5’2” – 5’5”
    [*=center]115-125 lbs (54 kg)
    [*=center]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair long and straight and parted in the middle; green eyes. Freckles on cheeks.
    [*=center]Marks, Scars: Both ears pierced. Catherine broke her collar bone at the age of 14.
    [*=center]Clothing: A light blue flowered prom dress, a corsage and high heeled shoes. She was wearing a gold chain and a gold pin.
    [*=center]AKA: Cathy
    [*=center]Dentals:Not Available
    [*=center]DNA: Available

Do you think it's the same girl/our Jane Doe and the date or wrong, or do you think it's another Jane Doe. It's realy important that the dates are correct, compairing the right files....

I think it's the same person; very often also among Namus and Doe Network, there are conflicting data for example on the age range, and dates; also in this case have noticed that Namus cites March 2 discovery day while Doe 3 March! ;)

The link you posted I put the card at the beginning of this UID;) maybe you have not noticed;) still is a lot of data for the missing girl are the same, only the fracture there is no trace in this' UID and I think we would have seen also in the skeleton so I think it is diffcult to her, but I could be wrong;)

Kathy Wilcox
Missing Since Jul 12, 1972 when 16 years, in 1980 (killed by sunset strip killers) 24 years
Missing From, Otsego, MI
DOB, Dec 25, 1956
Race White
Hair Color, Brown
Eye Color, Grey
Height, 5'4" UID estimated between 5’2” – 5’5”
Weight, 130 lbs UID small boned, slight build, MP is not really light, but you can loseweight.

I don’t see the high forehead immediately, but a slight overbite ispossible
attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilcox_kathy.html

Attachments

• Cathy Wilcox 2.jpg
    Cathy Wilcox 2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Kathy Wilcox 1.jpg
    Kathy Wilcox 1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 84
I think it's the same person too! I go with the more complete profile of Doe network....if we submitt somebody it's essential that it is the same girl though

The link you posted I put the card at the beginning of this UID;) maybe you have not noticed;) still is a lot of data for the missing girl are the same, only the fracture there is no trace in this' UID and I think we would have seen also in the skeleton so I think it is diffcult to her, but I could be wrong;)

I know you posted her....I was reacting on that....but I forgot to put your qoute I guess....ai, ai, ai..... :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back