CA CA - Quartz Hill, WhtFem UP4348, 17-23, in creek bed, possible name Cathy, Mar'81

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Thanks Romulus. Glad to have you around. Nice find (indeed on the higher side of the age range and her height is somewhat off). Hard to make a match I think, knowing the Canadians don't work with Namus that easily. But what the H. we just have to make the effort and keep on searching. I will look into Namus, maybe there have been new missing cases entered from that era.

What if she was Connie Gail Minchaca. Connie Gail Minchaca – The Charley Project
and not "a Cathy" at all.

Stats
MP since 6/9/1978 from Napa CA - UID found 3/3/1981 PM-in 2 months to 2 years prior, Quartz Hill, LA County, CA
MP 5'5 - 5'6, 120 - 130 pounds - UID approx. 5'2 - 5'5
MP 17 yrs when missing - UID estimated between 17-23 yrs
MP looks to have a high forehead - UID high forehead
MP looks to have a slight overbite - UID slight overbite
MP runaway at least six times prior to disappearing. Family received numerous anonymous, threatening phone calls. The caller was sometimes male and sometimes female, and the callers claimed they knew what had happened to Connie. Sometimes claimed that she had been kidnapped and other times said she had been murdered.
- UID supposed victim of the sunset strip killers (a woman and a man)
MP dentals and DNA available - UID dentals available, DNA insufficient for testing

connie_gail_minchaca_1.jpg

What if she was Connie Gail Minchaca. Connie Gail Minchaca – The Charley Project

Stats
MP since 6/9/1978 from Napa CA - UID found 3/3/1981 PM-in 2 months to 2 years prior, Quartz Hill, LA County, CA
MP runaway at least six times prior to disappearing. Family received numerous anonymous, threatening phone calls. The caller was sometimes male and sometimes female, and the callers claimed they knew what had happened to Connie. Sometimes claimed that she had been kidnapped and other times said she had been murdered.
MP dentals and DNA available - UID dentals available, DNA insufficient for testing

Stats

I already posted this suggestion upthread but I would really like to have some feedback on it.

@Bit of hope I think she looks like an option and her Charley profile says she had several fillings so hopefully an easy rule in/out via dentals. I wish we knew the timeframe within which her family received the phone calls and whether it fits the PMI. On balance I would submit and see what comes of it.

@Bit of hope I think she looks like an option and her Charley profile says she had several fillings so hopefully an easy rule in/out via dentals. I wish we knew the timeframe within which her family received the phone calls and whether it fits the PMI. On balance I would submit and see what comes of it.

Her mother received several mysterious calls in the weeks after Connie disappeared according to the Doe Network file. This wouldn't fit with the estimated PMI (1980 - 1981).

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back