Found Deceased CA - Rachel Nguyen, 20, & Joseph Orbeso, 21, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, 27 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing on these two? Have they given up then and are just waiting for someone to stumble on their bones? This is so sad. They have little vid ones who want them home.

Nothing on these two? Have they given up then and are just waiting for someone to stumble on their bones? This is so sad. They have little vid ones who want them home.

Joseph's father is out there every weekend searching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminder: Links to fundraising campaigns and related discussion is not allowed.

:wave:

[h=1]Witness: Missing hikers last seen outside Joshua Tree National Park[/h]
JOSHUA TREE, Calif. - The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department confirms to News Channel 3's I-Team Reporter Karen Devine that there is an on-going investigation outside of Joshua Tree National Park in the search for Joseph Orbeso and Rachel Nguyen.
The owner of the Airbnb they were renting called the sheriff's department when the two didn't check out Friday. Personal belongings were found in the unit including hallucinogenic drugs.

One man has come forward telling Karen Devine that he believes the pair along with another couple were actually staying at a different Airbnb across from his house in Joshua Tree after they had been declared missing.
http://www.kesq.com/news/missing-hikers-spotted-outside-joshua-tree-national-park/623782662

BBM. I don't recall reading that before. Oh dear. :scared:

Rumors around the area are saying these two were seen at another vacation rental staying with another couple after they were declared missing. News report is coming out at 6 tonight.
http://www.kesq.com/news/missing-hikers-spotted-outside-joshua-tree-national-park/623782662

This is comforting because one or both could still be alive somewhere. But this seems unlikely as their car was seen entering the park and not leaving, unless they left with this other couple in their car. It also would not make sense for them to pay for the BnB and not stay there.

How is this story just coming out now?

we all know that so often, sightings like these are unfounded and usually proven false, sadly in this case for sure.

but like ForceTen says and I completely agree: why is this just now being reported? making the sighting even less likely with the passage of time, IMO.

So they found hallucinogenic drugs in the AirBnB rental, and someone is saying they were seen with another couple outside of the park after they were declared missing.

If this is true, they probably left the park in someone else's vehicle. However, why haven't they called someone they know? Anyone. And as everyone is wondering, I also wonder why this fellow is only now coming forward with this information?

Something is askew here.

IF they were with another couple... then perhaps this other couple disposed of them.

But this seems extremely odd and if this person just came forward now... that makes no sense.

So they found hallucinogenic drugs in the AirBnB rental, and someone is saying they were seen with another couple outside of the park after they were declared missing.

If this is true, they probably left the park in someone else's vehicle. However, why haven't they called someone they know? Anyone. And as everyone is wondering, I also wonder why this fellow is only now coming forward with this information?

Something is askew here.

Or maybe they never went to the park in the first place. Maybe other couple murdered one or both (or one of them OD'd), other couple took the car to JTNP to make it look like they were lost there. JO's phone could have pinged at the time of the car drop off. I have always believed they were most likely in the park but this could change my mind. We are just hearing about this now but police and family may have known about it for a long time.

UGH! I really don't understand why LE withholds THIS type of info. A very different type of search could have been taking place concurrently. Or..... maybe it was,

Wow that's an unexpected twist! But tbh I don't believe it was them.

Speculating:
The person saw this couple at the end of July. Then they were traveling or for some other reason were not in CA so they never heard about Rachel and Joseph being missing. Recently they came back, saw a flier of R and J and thought, wait a minute, there was this couple at the opposite B&B that looked just like them. So they call it in, which is good. But I doubt it really was R and J.

I guess we will find out.

jmo

Families of missing hikers make announcement
"If Joseph and Rachel can see or hear this message, we want them to know, we love them very much. If Joseph and Rachel are held against their will and are captive in any way, we please ask you to release them," said Gilbert Orbeso, Joseph Orbeso's father.
"Yes, we are very hopeful that Joseph and Rachel have left the park on their own accord and are still alive outside the park. That is why we're here. Our families are asking and reaching out to the public for help," Orbeso said.
There is video of Joseph's father speaking at the link. He also pleads that if anyone is holding them against their will to release them.
http://www.kesq.com/news/reward-announced-for-any-info-on-missing-hikers/612750357

Bumping this post from Aug 26. Remember how strange his dad's statements seemed? Maybe not so strange now. Maybe he said that because he was aware of this sighting with the other couple.

Bumping this post from Aug 26. Remember how strange his dad's statements seemed? Maybe not so strange now. Maybe he said that because he was aware of this sighting with the other couple.

I'm sorry if this has been asked or referenced previously but I've missed that about being seen with another couple ( possibly because I'm trying to keep up with quite a few cases ATM). Can you elaborate on this and what you mean? Or point me to the post number? Many thanks

I'm sorry if this has been asked or referenced previously but I've missed that about being seen with another couple ( possibly because I'm trying to keep up with quite a few cases ATM). Can you elaborate on this and what you mean? Or point me to the post number? Many thanks

Apologies I've just 'refreshed' and read the last few comments. Yours just came up as a standalone comment and I replied to it without refreshing the whole feed. Ignore me, it's late here in UK and my mind is muddled with looking at so many WS cases [emoji12]

Apologies I've just 'refreshed' and read the last few comments. Yours just came up as a standalone comment and I replied to it without refreshing the whole feed. Ignore me, it's late here in UK and my mind is muddled with looking at so many WS cases [emoji12]

No worries! This is brand new info and we are waiting for more to be released in a report tonight. See this post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nal-Park-27-July-2017&p=13640818#post13640818

4 different types of drugs found in AirB&B rented by RN and JO
News just showed pictures of the AirB&B's (I've never seen the locations revealed)

New witness saw RN and JO in the paper on Aug 4 and recognized them, says he saw them at another AirBNB after they were missing

JO and a man named Javier rented the AirB&B (where witness says he saw RN and JO after they were missing) for the dates July 12-14
Javier is the man in Japan and not considered a suspect

Police searched the other house and found no sign RN and JO had been there and owner confirmed the house was rented by others while RN and JO were missing

JO's father will be interviewed on news tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member