CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Rebecca never visit the hospital? She cared for Max, why would she not go to the hospital, especially given that she told TG that was why she wanted to board the dog? LE specifically said she never visited the hospital.

If my bf's brother were in the guest house and my future stepson in the hospital in grave condition, I would not be running around the house naked. Just me. Rebecca supposedly met her ex at a Bible college. Doesn't seem like the exhibitionist type.

Why would Rebecca visit the hospital? I wouldn't want her there if it were my child dying. I do not understand why it matters whether she was naked in the house. She was there alone.

Why would Rebecca visit the hospital? I wouldn't want her there if it were my child dying. I do not understand why it matters whether she was naked in the house. She was there alone.

As someone mentioned, the brother Adam was on the grounds at the very least.

She had to bind her feet before she threw herself over the balcony. That would necessitate hopping over to the balcony. How, how, how did she jump from the bed to the balcony railing in one large hop? And land right AT the railing in perfect position? Shouldn't there have been at least one more set of prints on the balcony, getting her over there??

If your feet were bound and you walked that distance, there should be some trail that indicated just shuffling/waddling prints. All I heard was about a couple of distinct prints near the edge of the balcony. Did I miss something? If not, how did she go clear across the porch without leaving a continuous trail?

Jonah released a statement this afternoon...

http://media.nbcsandiego.com/documents/shacknai+statement+9+2+11.pdf

"While the investigation is over, the emptiness and sadness in our hearts will remain forever.**
Max was an extraordinarily loving, happy, talented, and special little boy.. He brought joy to
everyone who knew him, and we will miss him desperately.**Rebecca too was a wonderful and
unique person who will always have a special place in my heart."

As someone mentioned, the brother Adam was on the grounds at the very least.

He wasn't IN the house nor has it been said that he was "on the grounds." I'm betting he was inside another building.

If your feet were bound and you walked that distance, there should be some trail that indicated just shuffling/waddling prints. All I heard was about a couple of distinct prints near the edge of the balcony. Did I miss something? If not, how did she go clear across the porch without leaving a continuous trail?

Maybe the intrepid police officer trudged all over the carpet path on the way to stepping onto the balcony and compromising the crime scene from the get-go. Was he the one who closed the window too? I believe LE stated that the window was open when first viewed. It was closed by the time the helicopter cameras caught the scene - which was before the investigation had gotten under way.

Exactly. Good enough to babysit though.

I understand and fully agree and respect that Amalie. I don't think they should release suicide notes either. However, they repeatedly refered to this as a "message" and refused to call it a suicide note. So why should they be unwilling to release the contents of it, especially when her family is disputing the note to begin with? It just seems strange to me, given the depth and amount of information they gave out, to refuse to release that.

Maybe her family will reveal what the message said.

He wasn't IN the house nor has it been said that he was "on the grounds." I'm betting he was inside another building.

Why would you assume he was never in the house - or did not have access to it. After all, it is his brother's house, and he was an invited, requested guest of his brother to lend support in time of need. And he would have to be on the grounds to get in and out of the guest house; or was he not allowed out of the guest house?

I just can't get past one big picture item in today's LE conclusion that is way off base IMO:

If Rebecca felt responsibility and remorse for Max's death as LE has theorized so she killed herself, then why would she do so in such a horrendous fashion thereby adding to Jonah's pain - a pain she felt she had caused? Thus, her method of suicide contradicts the theory of why she committed suicide. I'm sorry but that simply doesn't jive!!!

There were! The print you are thinking of was a POLICE OFFICER's boot. Did he not know he needed to preserve that scene? Could that have been obscuring another set of different prints behind RN's bare prints at the rail? How did RN get to the railing with her feet tied together in one hop?

No, I know an LE boot print was there but that's not what I meant. I'm talking about bare foot prints. I recall LE addressing two different sets of bare footprints and one of them near the railing was indicative of her toes sliding indicating she went over the railing head first. The other set of prints were clear with no smudging/slipping. Wish the media would post them... or maybe they'll be addressed later on JVM or NG or something.

And who calls a bathroom a "restroom"...as if it was at a public park or something.

They said she was in the restroom. They clearly said she was NOT in the shower. I think that was their way of saying she was using the toilet.

Exactly. Good enough to babysit though.

I definitely got the impression during the PC that the child may have survived his injuries if someone had immediately begun CPR to restart his heart or keep blood flowing. They were quite clear that he died from lack of oxygen to his brain during the period between the accident and EMT's restarting his heart during CPR. Since Rebecca was the only adult present, there seemed to be an implication that, if she had begun or continued CPR, he would have survived.

That failure could have led to either feelings of guilt and responsibility for the death on her part or on the part of someone else.

She had to bind her feet before she threw herself over the balcony. That would necessitate hopping over to the balcony. How, how, how did she jump from the bed to the balcony railing in one large hop? And land right AT the railing in perfect position? Shouldn't there have been at least one more set of prints on the balcony, getting her over there??

bbm

Yep - this!!!

This was one of the questions that popped into my head when I was looking @ the slideshow of the footprints on the balcony tile.

IMO, the footprints are too tidy & neatly placed for someone who *hopped" to the railing with her feet bound.

Maybe the music was on loud and she didn't hear the call. Did LE explain or explain away the loud music reports btw?

They are going on Jonah's hearsay explanation of the phone call (actually, "someone close to her", is how LE referred to the message leaver; they resfused to identify the person explicitly. I assume it was Jonah and not Dina, but who knows.

I didn't hear where the question about music was even raised. I could have missed it though.

Yeah, I'm thinking there were several things that were heresay and were not validated by a second party let alone triangulated.

I just can't get past one big picture item in today's LE conclusion that is way off base IMO:

If Rebecca felt responsibility and remorse for Max's death as LE has theorized so she killed herself, then why would she do so in such a horrendous fashion thereby adding to Jonah's pain - a pain she felt she had caused? Thus, her method of suicide contradicts the theory of why she committed suicide. I'm sorry but that simply doesn't jive!!!

Maybe because she was ANGRY at him for blaming her. Maybe she was upset that he doubted her, and her suicide was also meant to lash out at him somehow.

Why would you assume he was never in the house - or did not have access to it. After all, it is his brother's house, and he was an invited, requested guest of his brother to lend support in time of need. And he would have to be on the grounds to get in and out of the guest house; or was he not allowed out of the guest house?

I simply responded to your assumptions that Rebecca was running around the house naked. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest she was doing this in the presence of the brother but even if she did, it doesn't matter to me. She hanged herself naked outside so apparently she didn't care who saw her nude body.

I definitely got the impression during the PC that the child may have survived his injuries if someone had immediately begun CPR to restart his heart or keep blood flowing. They were quite clear that he died from lack of oxygen to his brain during the period between the accident and EMT's restarting his heart during CPR. Since Rebecca was the only adult present, there seemed to be an implication that, if she had begun or continued CPR, he would have survived.

That failure could have led to either feelings of guilt and responsibility for the death on her part or on the part of someone else.

Or maybe she was told that he could have survived, if only such and such...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak