CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let alone the obvious, why did she let him horseplay and rough house around the stairway and balcony? I would be really pissed at a babysitter who allowed my 6 yr old to fall over the edge of the stairway. No excuse for that, imo.

Either her family or LE stated she was taking a shower when the boy's accident happened. You know how it is with kids, you can keep them under control when you're nearby, but if you're in the shower, all kinds of mischief can break out. Sounds as though the kids were a handful and weren't obeying her.

I am certain there is no conspiracy by cops to cover up a homicide. I've thought for quite some time that she committed suicide and tried to make it look like a homicide.

That at least is a plausible theory, that the suicide act was also a last act of vengeance. Too bad we don't have that last voice mail message - which - whomever sent it - did not mention there having been cruel rage or whatever in it. LE would have noted that fact if it were so, wouldn't they have? And thus, raised the rager to a level of "person of interest". But there is no sign that anyone was ever a "person of interest", except Zahau herself I suppose.

No, I know an LE boot print was there but that's not what I meant. I'm talking about bare foot prints. I recall LE addressing two different sets of bare footprints and one of them near the railing was indicative of her toes sliding indicating she went over the railing head first. The other set of prints were clear with no smudging/slipping. Wish the media would post them... or maybe they'll be addressed later on JVM or NG or something.

They did and you are right. A set of heel prints right near the door. Makes sense. They are located here:
http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

Either her family or LE stated she was taking a shower when the boy's accident happened. You know how it is with kids, you can keep them under control when you're nearby, but if you're in the shower, all kinds of mischief can break out. Sounds as though the kids were a handful and weren't obeying her.

where was Jonah during all this. How much time does he actually spend doing the hands-on child rearing and care. If the kids were out of control, they are more likely to heed the father than the young girlfriend.

I think LE was being respectful of RN. Blaming her wouldn't serve any purpose at this point. It's pretty easy to draw the conclusion that Maxie's fall could have been prevented if only he had been supervised.

When I was a teenager I was babysitting my sibling and expected no one to supervise me.

Maybe the intrepid police officer trudged all over the carpet path on the way to stepping onto the balcony and compromising the crime scene from the get-go. Was he the one who closed the window too? I believe LE stated that the window was open when first viewed. It was closed by the time the helicopter cameras caught the scene - which was before the investigation had gotten under way.

The balcony doors were said to be open when the *incident* occurred.

But the question of how, when, or why the balcony doors were closed was not addressed during the PC. The closed balcony doors is a question I've had from day 1.

I definitely got the impression during the PC that the child may have survived his injuries if someone had immediately begun CPR to restart his heart or keep blood flowing. They were quite clear that he died from lack of oxygen to his brain during the period between the accident and EMT's restarting his heart during CPR. Since Rebecca was the only adult present, there seemed to be an implication that, if she had begun or continued CPR, he would have survived.

That failure could have led to either feelings of guilt and responsibility for the death on her part or on the part of someone else.

My recollection is that she was doing CPR while her sister called 911. The only bathroom on the bottom floor is located under the landing of the stairs if the floorplan posted earlier is to be believed. I would think that is as fast as can possibly be done but they didn't get a pulse for 25 minutes IIRC.

Blame her for going to the bathroom for a few minutes? What, was she supposed to cease all bodily functions when she was on child-watching duty?

Even blaming her for not delivering timely CPR is an awful far stretch. This is not to say that he didn't blame her; I bet he did, though that was not justified imho.

No proof she was in the bathroom. It sounds as though the child lay there quite some time without first aid and she was the only adult around. If I were his parents, I'd most certainly blame her.

Why would Rebecca visit the hospital? I wouldn't want her there if it were my child dying. I do not understand why it matters whether she was naked in the house. She was there alone.

I would want my beloved partner by my side if my child was in the hospital, especially if my child was dying. I would need my partner by my side for strength & support.

The sister was in the shower, Rebecca was in the "restroom". There is only a 1/2 bath on the first floor, might be why they keep calling it a restroom vs bathroom. :twocents:

When I was a teenager I was babysitting my sibling and expected no one to supervise me.

I don't see the relevance. Most babysitters do manage to do just that without incident.

Well, then maybe she should have postponed her shower until a later time when there was another adult present. If she was a babysitter at that time then Max was supposed to be her priority. That was not a very childproof home. She could have kept a closer eye on him by taking a shower later.

I would want my beloved partner by my side if my child was in the hospital, especially if my child was dying. I would need my partner by my side for strength & support.

I wouldn't want my partner by my side if I thought the partner was responsible for my child's condition. Nor would my child's other parent appreciate their presence. Don't know of too many parents who would.

Even I know that no one should have walked out onto the balcony flooring when footprints were clearly visible without first filming and photographing it.

I have now seen the entire PC and do not like what I heard. Why show a video of the hands being tied in an experiment and not show how the feet were bound? I say show me how ALL of it was done right up to and including stepping through the hands so that they would be behind the back and the feet still bound and the noose fashioned around the neck. And why the long sleeved t-shirt the way it was?

A message? Not in lipstick or magic marker, but with paint from a tube of paint? The rope from the garage? So Rebecca knew there was rope in the garage? She does all of this almost immediately after hearing about Maxies condition worsening? Man! That means Rebecca took almost no time to formulate this plan and choose to complicate it with painting a weird 'message' on the door to the room?

I'm sorry. I do not buy it, and I never will. LE did not prove suicide to me. In fact, I am even more suspicious after this PC!

I'm just a stubborn old grandma calling it as I see it! I do respect everyone elses' opinion and thoughts, though!

:twocents:

Nicely said and you validated that I really didn't miss anything key.

Did they think that having someone sit there and struggle through just making the wrist knots was going to be convincing that all of it happened. How many times did the Rebecca sustitute have to work on that before they started videotaping it anyway? Rebecca just happened to be able to do those intricate rope knots trying it one time on the spur of the moment but "they doubt she may even have been able to do it again".

I don't get her painting on the door either, like you said.

Well that's good JS has accepted the findings of the investigation and they are sorry RN's family does not accept it! Hmmmm

Since her sister claimed when JS called her about RN being dead, he said it was suicide, sounds like JS accepted it even before the investigation.

No proof she was in the bathroom. It sounds as though the child lay there quite some time without first aid and she was the only adult around. If I were his parents, I'd most certainly blame her.

I thought LE said she was in the "restroom".

tell me, if the kid id out in the back yard and falls off his bike in the driveway and skins his knee; is it also her fault? And if he falls of the bike and suffers a skull fracture, is that her fault too? How can she possibly be responsible for every fall or every time a kid might act up and get excited going down stairs too fast, for instance. is she supposed to stand guard at the stairs 24/7? Then what is he goes to the kitchen and something happens there? My point is it's almost impossible to trail a kid so totally. Things do happen. That is why I asked wheteher in fact MS had ADD or some other disorder that might have required more professional child care help. if you recall, JS has been involved in special needs children's charities; perhaps because of his own life being touched by the issue? If MS did have "special needs", then JS is just as culpable for putting his girlfriend i charge.

I think LE was being respectful of RN. Blaming her wouldn't serve any purpose at this point. It's pretty easy to draw the conclusion that Maxie's fall could have been prevented if only he had been supervised.

Please, stop.

REBECCA WAS NOT IN THE SHOWER. Her sister was in the shower. Rebecca was in the restroom. Taking a pee or washing her hands. Was she supposed to hold it until DS came to pick Max up?

Let alone the obvious, why did she let him horseplay and rough house around the stairway and balcony? I would be really pissed at a babysitter who allowed my 6 yr old to fall over the edge of the stairway. No excuse for that, imo.

When did Rebecca get reduced to the status of "babysitter"?

Rebecca was reportedly JS's partner. They had been together for at least 2 years, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez