CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would want my beloved partner by my side if my child was in the hospital, especially if my child was dying. I would need my partner by my side for strength & support.

Along with the ex-wife and mother of the critically injured kid under your significant other's care? Not a comfortable threesome I would venture.

The balcony doors were said to be open when the *incident* occurred.

But the question of how, when, or why the balcony doors were closed was not addressed during the PC. The closed balcony doors is a question I've had from day 1.

Good observation. And, now we know Adam said he cut her down from below. I'm still not sure how he stood on a 3 legged table though.

Nicely said and you validated that I really didn't miss anything key.

Did they think that having someone sit there and struggle through just making the wrist knots was going to be convincing that all of it happened. How many times did the Rebecca sustitute have to work on that before they started videotaping it anyway? Rebecca just happened to be able to do those intricate rope knots trying it one time on the spur of the moment but "they doubt she may even have been able to do it again".

I don't get her painting on the door either, like you said.

And how did she even know how to do it? They haven't said they found any searches on the computer, have they?

When did Rebecca get reduced to the status of "babysitter"?

Rebecca was reportedly JS's partner. They had been together for at least 2 years, IIRC.

She was apparently the responsible adult in charge of the 6 yr old in the home. That makes her the babysitter or caregiver for the day. Was it true that he ran off the staircase, over the top and landed on the chandelier? ? That should not have happened. He should have been more closely supervised than that.

Quote from Elementary:
That at least is a plausible theory, that the suicide act was also a last act of vengeance. Too bad we don't have that last voice mail message - which - whomever sent it - did not mention there having been cruel rage or whatever in it. LE would have noted that fact if it were so, wouldn't they have? And thus, raised the rager to a level of "person of interest". But there is no sign that anyone was ever a "person of interest", except Zahau herself I suppose.

Elementary, yes, I agree with you. I stated long ago that you-know-who could have raged verbally at Rebecca and pushed her to suicide, if not performing the act directly. I guess it could be that an eye-for-an-eye was accomplished after all if that was the case.

I simply responded to your assumptions that Rebecca was running around the house naked. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest she was doing this in the presence of the brother but even if she did, it doesn't matter to me. She hanged herself naked outside so apparently she didn't care who saw her nude body.

Wow!

Let alone the obvious, why did she let him horseplay and rough house around the stairway and balcony? I would be really pissed at a babysitter who allowed my 6 yr old to fall over the edge of the stairway. No excuse for that, imo.

I did daycare in my home when my daughter was pre school age. Oh my gosh, I actually did go to the bathroom at times. I see absolutely no negligence on Rebeccas part. As for CPR, LE stated they didn't know if Rebecca performed CPR or not. They never said she didn't perform CPR. They also said that she was following instructions given to her by 011. CPR is only rescue breathing at this point and time and is what Rebecca would have been told to do. There are no longer compressions performed.

Also, EMT's took 25 minutes to get Maxies heart beating again. This is with equipment and drugs, 02 available to them. How was Rebecca supposed to accomplish the same thing without anyone to help her or equipment? Judging her actions is harsh and an attack, without knowing what was done.

If Maxie, at 6 didn't understand the concept of safety on stairs, I would be very surprised. I am sure he lived in other houses with stairs, or had been to his father's house many times prior. At 6 he needs supervision, but is old enough to play, watch tv, or even move about the house. This has been called a tragic accident. An accident is just that, an accident.

LE stated that this was an accident and that Rebecca was not responsible. I am amazed that some posters can ignore this, condemn Rebecca, but not see the inconsistencies of the LE report concerning her death.

Painting a note on the door could have been RN's way of making sure her message would be seen by the intended party or parties. After all, she had no way of knowing who would find her, and she would know that a handwritten note could be destroyed. She may have had some choice last words for JS and wanted to make sure they were not overlooked. Either way, I can understand why LE would not make the content public. If the message was of a very personal nature, there would be no reason to release it, especially if the family requested they withhold it.

Another question that bothered me during the PC.

The ME's Power Point specifically states (on p.2) that Rebecca's hands were bound behind her back.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/me-rz.pdf

Yet in explaining their conclusion it was suicide, they show a video of a woman tying her own hands in front of her. Unless they show how she got her tied hands from front to back, the video demonstration doesn't prove anything.

Also, why is there no discussion of the time of death?

To clarify, I haven't made up my mind yet, and can't until some of these issues are addressed.

I have seen that happen in other cases where LE inadvertently leaves a shoe print.

He probably didn't realize the floor of the balcony was dusty.

IMO

The average husband knows better than to dare set foot on his wife's newly mopped kitchen floor.

I would venture to say that the average homicide investigator has been at least as well trained as the average husband with regards to leaving footprints - regardless if the surface has been newly mopped or is dusty or is pure as the driven snow.

As far as I'm concerned, that balcony footprint *evidence* stinks.

It's being covered by Vinnie Politan on HLN starting now

I thought LE said she was in the "restroom".

tell me, if the kid id out in the back yard and falls off his bike in the driveway and skins his knee; is it also her fault? And if he falls of the bike and suffers a skull fracture, is that her fault too? How can she possibly be responsible for every fall or every time a kid might act up and get excited going down stairs too fast, for instance. is she supposed to stand guard at the stairs 24/7? Then what is he goes to the kitchen and something happens there? My point is it's almost impossible to trail a kid so totally. Things do happen. That is why I asked wheteher in fact MS had ADD or some other disorder that might have required more professional child care help. if you recall, JS has been involved in special needs children's charities; perhaps because of his own life being touched by the issue? If MS did have "special needs", then JS is just as culpable for putting his girlfriend i charge.

If the kids fractures his skull then he probably did not have his helmut on, so YES, that would be her responsibility.

As far as I know, this accident was more than just him going down the stairs too fast. It was more involved than that, as he flew over the balcony, landed on the chandelier.

Anyway, in a house that huge a rambunctious child would need close supervision. Maybe she should have waited for her sister to get out of the shower before she went into the bathroom herself.

I don't think Max was a special needs kid. He was just adventurous and athletic and liked to take chances. He needed close supervision.

I thought LE said she was in the "restroom".

tell me, if the kid id out in the back yard and falls off his bike in the driveway and skins his knee; is it also her fault? And if he falls of the bike and suffers a skull fracture, is that her fault too? How can she possibly be responsible for every fall or every time a kid might act up and get excited going down stairs too fast, for instance. is she supposed to stand guard at the stairs 24/7? Then what is he goes to the kitchen and something happens there? My point is it's almost impossible to trail a kid so totally. Things do happen. That is why I asked wheteher in fact MS had ADD or some other disorder that might have required more professional child care help. if you recall, JS has been involved in special needs children's charities; perhaps because of his own life being touched by the issue? If MS did have "special needs", then JS is just as culpable for putting his girlfriend i charge.

LE had no way to prove whether Rebecca was in the restroom when Maxie's accident took place. Wherever she was, it was for an extended period of time that his brain was deprived of oxygen.

It's not all that difficult to supervise a kid inside the house. btw, one of my son's has ADD and he was no more difficult to manage than my other kids. All it takes is common sense.

I call BS BS BS I don't buy it. Again money will get you anything.....

She was apparently the responsible adult in charge of the 6 yr old in the home. That makes her the babysitter or caregiver for the day. Was it true that he tried to slide down the bannister? That should not have happened. He should have been more closely supervised than that.

When did they say he was trying to slide down the bannister? It was stated he ran and fell off the top of the staircase, tried to hold on to the chandelier, which broke and was flung against the opposite bannister, then falling to the floor. I also feel Rebecca had the right to go to the bathroom. Were you there? Do you know if Maxie was horsing around, or needed to be supervised more closely? I would think that blaming Rebecca for an accident is akin to playing God. Not even LE placed blame on her shoulders. Again, WOW!

Another question that bothered me during the PC.

The ME's Power Point specifically states (on p.2) that Rebecca's hands were bound behind her back.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/me-rz.pdf

Yet in explaining their conclusion it was suicide, they show a video of a woman tying her own hands in front of her. Unless they show how she got her tied hands from front to back, the video demonstration doesn't prove anything.

Also, why is there no discussion of the time of death?

To clarify, I haven't made up my mind yet, and can't until some of these issues are addressed.

The video showed her tieing the knots, then loosening one and taking the right hand out, then reinserting it after repositioning both hands behind the back. That's their theory and they're sticking to it!

LE had no way to prove whether Rebecca was in the restroom when Maxie's accident took place. Wherever she was, it was for an extended period of time that his brain was deprived of oxygen.

It's not all that difficult to supervise a kid inside the house. btw, one of my son's has ADD and he was no more difficult to manage than my other kids. All it takes is common sense.

In that case it was very poor judgement by Jonah to put the kid in the care of someone with no common sense. Buy a damnm nanny, bigwig. Why put the girlfriend with no common sense to work in the first place?

If the kids fractures his skull then he probably did not have his helmut on, so YES, that would be her responsibility.

As far as I know, this accident was more than just him going down the stairs too fast. It was more involved than that, an attempt to slide down the bannister, correct? { I am not sure anymore if that is so.]

Anyway, in a house that huge a rambunctious child would need close supervision. Maybe she should have waited for her sister to get out of the shower before she went into the bathroom herself.

I don't think Max was a special needs kid. He was just adventurous and athletic and liked to take chances. He needed close supervision.

He needed supervision but it sounds as though there was none whatsoever. What a shame.

I am certain there is no conspiracy by cops to cover up a homicide. I've thought for quite some time that she committed suicide and tried to make it look like a homicide.

bbm

Why would Rebecca kill herself & try to make it look like a homicide? That's quite an accusation to make against a deceased woman who is not here to defend herself.

Wow!

I did daycare in my home when my daughter was pre school age. Oh my gosh, I actually did go to the bathroom at times. I see absolutely no negligence on Rebeccas part. As for CPR, LE stated they didn't know if Rebecca performed CPR or not. They never said she didn't perform CPR. They also said that she was following instructions given to her by 011. CPR is only rescue breathing at this point and time and is what Rebecca would have been told to do. There are no longer compressions performed.

Also, EMT's took 25 minutes to get Maxies heart beating again. This is with equipment and drugs, 02 available to them. How was Rebecca supposed to accomplish the same thing without anyone to help her or equipment? Judging her actions is harsh and an attack, without knowing what was done.

If Maxie, at 6 didn't understand the concept of safety on stairs, I would be very surprised. I am sure he lived in other houses with stairs, or had been to his father's house many times prior. At 6 he needs supervision, but is old enough to play, watch tv, or even move about the house. This has been called a tragic accident. An accident is just that, an accident.

LE stated that this was an accident and that Rebecca was not responsible. I am amazed that some posters can ignore this, condemn Rebecca, but not see the inconsistencies of the LE report concerning her death.

I did daycare in my home when my kids were little as well. But my home did not have a HUGE, dangerous staircase balcony at the entrance. That is a very dangerous non-child proofed home.

If Max was playing around and running too fast then it was a tragic accident. But I bet that theyhad discussed it before that he needed to slow down or he could fall over the top. He needed direct supervision to prevent something like that. I found my 6 yr old nephew with a lighter one time and then he was no longer allowed to be ALONE unsupervised in my home anymore. Normally a 6 yr old can 'roam' unsupervised, UNLESS they exhibit some dangerous behavior. I do not think that Max out of the blue, for the first time ever, tried some tricks on the staircase. imoo

A 27 room mansion is NOT the same thing as a regular family home. Much more dangerous and needing more supervision than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez