CA CA - Rebecca Rachel Modrall, 33, Riverside County, 5 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A lot more information exists than what has been released. The police are not doing their job, though, and it seems as though they are protecting individuals due to their status and position within the business community.

This is not a simple case, although it may appear like it on the surface.

Joe and Rebecca were together, in a relationship, over the course of many years (upwards of 10 years). The family has lots of pictures between the two of them, letters, and other legal documents shared between the two.

Of course, when there is money, lies, and adultery, this paves the way for evil to take root. Most of us close to the situation do not think this was pre meditated.

The most likely scenario given the information available was that Joe Sr. murdered Rebecca unplanned, got in over his head (he was arrested and detained for her disappearance but released because of his money and influence) and called upon his son to help him cover everything up. During this time he decided the best way out for him and his family was suicide.

The family is now doing their best to cover up the details of the murder. They have taken down two different memorials for Rebecca which is against the law.

Due to the business implications of the murder (Breeze AC) there is a lot of further investigation that needs to happen but the police are not pursuing the case with the level of interest you would expect.

Many current and former employees at Breeze AC have seen suspicious activity on Feb 5 and 6th which are the days in question for Rebecca's murder.

This is a major case waiting to be cracked open but the police are not doing their job -or- they are protecting powerful individuals in the community.

Last edited:
Taken from instagram #

• https://www.instagram.com//
    Hello all, it’s been awhile since we’ve posted anything about Rebecca. Couple of reasons, it’s difficult to read the ignorant and disrespectful comments from strangers. Also, there have many new tips and information coming in, and we want to be careful about what is said.
    We are so appreciative of the love and support our family has received during this very difficult time. If you have ANY information, even if it seems insignificant, please reach out.

Rebecca’s Disappearance Under Suspicious Circumstances (Written by her mother Sarah Modrall)
    My daughter Rebecca Modrall went missing on February 5, 2019 under suspicious circumstances. I will attempt to sequence the order and time of her disappearance as it unfolded.

That February morning started out like a typical morning for her. She got up and fed her cats then got herself dressed. She had plans for the day, so she was dressed in a beige skirt and top, with black tights and black shoes. Over her shoulders was a brown and black mink stole. From all accounts she looked beautiful that day.

Rebecca was driving a rental truck on that day because her car had recently broken down. Her Aunt Rachel had been visiting from Portland the week before that. She was riding with Rebecca in her car when it broke down. They called a tow truck and had her car towed to her house. Then my sister took her to Enterprise to rent a car. Because they were having an event in Palm Springs at the time, they had no more cars available, they gave her a pick up truck. On the day of her disappearance she was driving a Chevy Silverado 2019 1500 white 4-door with chrome bumpers and tinted windows.
    FEBUARY 5, 2019

11:20 am – Rebecca called her Aunt Rachel. She was excited for the day and told her she was getting ready to meet a friend to go to an AA meeting. Later, in the afternoon she was going to Joe Coker’s house to meet him for dinner.
    12:06 pm – texted a friend of hers named Will and told him that she was on the way to an AA meeting with a friend. She told him that she would contact him after the meeting.
    2:05 pm – Rebecca met Will in the parking lot of Walgreens on 80925 US Hwy. 111, Indio CA. They talked for 15 minutes just
    3h

2:05 pm – Rebecca met Will in the parking lot of Walgreens on 80925 US Hwy. 111, Indio CA. They talked for 15 minutes just catching up on each other was doing. They planned to meet up again later in the day. This meeting and time was confirmed by video footage from Walgreens.
      2:21 pm – Rebecca texted Will and said “Thanks, are you headed home? You’re a hard worker remember that. Life will be sweet just stick with your heart “. These were the last words anyone heard from Rebecca.
      3h

2:25 pm – Rebecca arrived at Joe Coker’s house on 80950 Vista Bonita Tri, La Quinta, CA 92253. Rebecca has been in a relationship with Joe Coker for 13 years. She went to his house that day which was unusual. She usually did not go to his private home. Because his wife was out of town, he had invited her to come over. Joe usually went to Rebecca’s house at least once a week or they met up other places. She did not plan on staying long. She told her friend Will she would only be there an hour or two.
      4:51 pm – Will texted Rebecca and said “How are you doing? “He could see that the message had been delivered but there was no response.
      5:41 pm – Will texted Rebecca “Are you okay? “There was no response and he could tell the message had not been read.
      3h

8:27 pm – I got a message from Will. He said, “Hi this is Will. Have you talked to Rebecca today? She went to Joe’s house at 2:00 to talk to him about the car he was going to lease for her. She said she wouldn’t be long. She hasn’t texted me or called me. Please let me know if you have talked to her “. I called her number and but there was no answer. Rebecca always called me back soon if I called her, so I was a little surprised that I didn’t heard from her but not overly concerned at that point.
      I told Will that I hadn’t heard from her that night either. It was still early that night (8:27 pm) so I wasn’t too worried. I thought she probably got sidetracked and would come back to the house later that night. I went to bed at around 9:30 not too concerned about her at that point. Rebecca has always stayed up late at night so I figured she would go home soon.
      3h

February 6, 2019
      9:36 am – Will sent me a message saying “Good Morning, have you heard from Rebecca? “I told him that I would try and call her. I tried and called her, and her phone was off.
      10:30 am – Will calls Joe and asked him if he had heard anything from Rebecca. He said, “No, she left at around 5:00 and mentioned that she might go to Thousand Oaks. Will said to Joe, “She never mentioned that to me”
      10:40 am – Rebecca had two phones. One was a phone she used for work and the other one was her personal phone. Will called her personal phone and someone picked up but whoever picked up didn’t say anything. Will said to me, “Please call this number …I’m worried about her. Something is wrong.
      3h

“He texted me the number. I called the number and it rang but went to voicemail. I left a message. In a few minutes I get a call back from Rebecca’s phone but when I picked up no one said anything. By this time, I am starting to get worried. Why would someone have Rebecca’s phone?
      1:30 pm – A man called Will’s phone and said he was a homeless man and said that he had found Rebecca’s phone at 3:00 in the morning. He told Will that he would give him the phone if he gave him 20 dollars. The homeless man said he had found the phone in the dirt by the street in front of the business called “Lighthouse Dispensary “84160 Ave 48, Coachella, CA 92236.
      3h

2:30 pm – Will goes to Coachella to pick up Rebecca’s phone. By this time, we are starting to get worried. Why was Rebecca’s phone thrown down in the dirt? She was always very protective of her phones and would never be without them.
      5:30 pm – Will calls the Riverside County Sheriff in Palm Desert to ask them if they would do a welfare check on Rebecca. The sheriff goes to Rebecca’s house and sees that Rebecca has not been there.
      5:41 pm – Officers from the Rancho Mirage Police Department received the information about Rebecca being missing.
      7:00 pm – Sheriff calls Joe and asked him if he had seen Rebecca. Joe said that Rebecca had been there with him but had left at 5:00 pm. Rebecca’s personal phone was pinged and the last place it was pinged was on 800 Ave 51 in Coachella (which is 3 blocks away from where her other phone was found).
      3h

February 7, 2019
      6:00 am - Missing Person’s report filed
      February 8, 2019
      Rebecca’s pick-up truck was found in La Quinta at an undisclosed location and Rebecca was not with the truck.
      February 19, 2019
      The status of Rebecca’s case changed from a missing person to a homicide investigation.
      3h

March 2, 2019 – Joe Coker is dead from an apparent suicide.
      Note – Even though I had met Joe and other family members had met him he never once called to see if Rebecca had been found.
      Reasons why I know that Rebecca did not voluntarily disappear
      1. Rebecca left her cats without making arrangements for anyone to take care of them. Her cats were her babies so she would never do that.
      3h

2. She was going to have dinner with her daughter the next day. She would never miss an opportunity to see her. Her daughter currently lives with the grandparents so it was important for Rebecca to see her as often as she could.
      3. Rebecca has always stayed in contact. She called her aunt or me pretty much every day of her life.
      4. She was excited and looking forward to having family members come to see her in the next few months.
      5. She never went anywhere without taking her make-up case if she was going any place. Nothing was taken from her house that would indicate she had plans to go anywhere.
      6. Not one person has seen or had contact with her since she went to Joe’s house. Rebecca was a social and talkative person. There’s no way she would have been silent this long.

I live close to where her phone was found by the homeless man. That is a marijuana dispensary. Have you asked if they have footage from that night? They have cameras everywhere I would assume.
The cameras were checked initially while the case was still considered a missing persons case. The check-in registry for patrons was also checked to see if she visited. Negative on her visiting the dispensary, but I am not sure about on street cameras.

The homeless man who found the phone was interviewed by police.

Last edited:
I figured she did not visit the dispensary. I was thinking more along the lines of footage from the parking lot to see if they could see a vehicle tossing anything out the window or driving around suspiciously. I think they have cameras in their parking lot but I may be wrong. Too bad they can't check the gps on the cars of the suspected individuals.

I figured she did not visit the dispensary. I was thinking more along the lines of footage from the parking lot to see if they could see a vehicle tossing anything out the window or driving around suspiciously. I think they have cameras in their parking lot but I may be wrong. Too bad they can't check the gps on the cars of the suspected individuals.

Because of money, power, influence, and expensive lawyers, they aren't able to do a lot of things in terms of the persons of interest. This is why the family needs help from the public and the media to put pressure on law enforcement to "do the right thing". You've got a case here of very wealthy individuals being protected by the best lawyers available in the community.

Rebecca was seen entering Joe Sr. gated community on video camera (they have a gate) but never left. The police know the individual(s) who drove the truck out of the gated community was not Rebecca but they are unwilling to state the names of the individuals... one of them is most certainly Joe Jr, I would imagine.

Thank you for the tip on checking the parking lot cameras. I will pass it along.

@mistermuddles - just a gentle heads up - your posts may get pulled because this sounds like information that has not been in MSM and without link o back up what you are sharing, or without Verified Insider status (which is not as strict as it sounds), this will all be considered hearsay, sadly... It is so helpful and enlightening and important so I hope you can try to become verified. Here is the process: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

very sad for Rebecca. No one deserves what seems to be going on. The ripples of whatever has happened will surely touch a wide circle, given what little we know.

@mistermuddles - just a gentle heads up - your posts may get pulled because this sounds like information that has not been in MSM and without link o back up what you are sharing, or without Verified Insider status (which is not as strict as it sounds), this will all be considered hearsay, sadly... It is so helpful and enlightening and important so I hope you can try to become verified. Here is the process: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

very sad for Rebecca. No one deserves what seems to be going on. The ripples of whatever has happened will surely touch a wide circle, given what little we know.

I figured that might be the case. Much of what I have said can be gleaned from the news reports if you look closely, they just aren't able to say it plainly. Everyone knows Rebecca and Joe were together, for a long time -- people in the community and at Breeze AC have seen them together often.

Clearly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that Joe Sr's mysterious "stroke" (this is what they told employees) was actually a suicide and obviously connected to the murder of Rebecca. Many neighbors saw Joe being arrested, his home, and many properties searched, including draining bodies of water -- all over an unexpected "stroke" ? Yeah, sure, okay.

The crime to be solved here is figuring out where the body was disposed of and bringing those to justice who helped cover up the murder.

I will look into getting the insider verification.

The cameras were checked initially while the case was still considered a missing persons case. The check-in registry for patrons was also checked to see if she visited. Negative on her visiting the dispensary, but I am not sure about on street cameras.

The homeless man who found the phone was interviewed by police.
Have you asked for help from Tim Miller of Equusearch or David Marshburn and his assistant Marsha?

I figured that might be the case. Much of what I have said can be gleaned from the news reports if you look closely, they just aren't able to say it plainly. Everyone knows Rebecca and Joe were together, for a long time -- people in the community and at Breeze AC have seen them together often.

Clearly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that Joe Sr's mysterious "stroke" (this is what they told employees) was actually a suicide and obviously connected to the murder of Rebecca. Many neighbors saw Joe being arrested, his home, and many properties searched, including draining bodies of water -- all over an unexpected "stroke" ? Yeah, sure, okay.

The crime to be solved here is figuring out where the body was disposed of and bringing those to justice who helped cover up the murder.

I will look into getting the insider verification.

Because of money, power, influence, and expensive lawyers, they aren't able to do a lot of things in terms of the persons of interest. This is why the family needs help from the public and the media to put pressure on law enforcement to "do the right thing". You've got a case here of very wealthy individuals being protected by the best lawyers available in the community.

Rebecca was seen entering Joe Sr. gated community on video camera (they have a gate) but never left. The police know the individual(s) who drove the truck out of the gated community was not Rebecca but they are unwilling to state the names of the individuals... one of them is most certainly Joe Jr, I would imagine.

Thank you for the tip on checking the parking lot cameras. I will pass it along.
Outrageous! The actions of Riverside County Sheriffs needs to be CALLED OUT.... shame on them... what’s done is done...but the family of Rebecca (all sweet, caring folks) want to “bring her home to Portland”. Release the video and put the “accessories after the fact” on BLAST! Money doesn’t buy that kind of privilege! OR, at least it shouldn’t!

A lot more information exists than what has been released. The police are not doing their job, though, and it seems as though they are protecting individuals due to their status and position within the business community.

This is not a simple case, although it may appear like it on the surface.

Joe and Rebecca were together, in a relationship, over the course of many years (upwards of 10 years). The family has lots of pictures between the two of them, letters, and other legal documents shared between the two.

Of course, when there is money, lies, and adultery, this paves the way for evil to take root. Most of us close to the situation do not think this was pre meditated.

The most likely scenario given the information available was that Joe Sr. murdered Rebecca unplanned, got in over his head (he was arrested and detained for her disappearance but released because of his money and influence) and called upon his son to help him cover everything up. During this time he decided the best way out for him and his family was suicide.

The family is now doing their best to cover up the details of the murder. They have taken down two different memorials for Rebecca which is against the law.

Due to the business implications of the murder (Breeze AC) there is a lot of further investigation that needs to happen but the police are not pursuing the case with the level of interest you would expect.

Many current and former employees at Breeze AC have seen suspicious activity on Feb 5 and 6th which are the days in question for Rebecca's murder.

This is a major case waiting to be cracked open but the police are not doing their job -or- they are protecting powerful individuals in the community.

I sent a link to this site to Brooke Beare, the caring reporter that has been helping Rebecca’s family...this was her reply:

“Thanks to alerting me to this site... I have heard a lot of this and we are not able to report much of it because we cannot independently verify it. However if people would like to start sharing documents or video that could change things....”

@mistermuddles thank you for bringing more details public....I am shocked and ashamed to live in a community where “power, privilege and money” can get away with such a crime...no questions asked!

I guess I always have hope but at least her loved ones can have closure. I am not sure it is her now though, I read that it was a body found on the side of the road. Wouldn't they have found remains vs a body?

I guess I always have hope but at least her loved ones can have closure. I am not sure it is her now though, I read that it was a body found on the side of the road. Wouldn't they have found remains vs a body?

You would think but I'm not an expert on that kind of thing. A "body" is a little open ended, but I guess they might have said "remains" instead if a distinction needed to be made. The body could have been kept in a freezer. I really have no idea. If it is Rebecca the body was dropped there this morning and has not been at the location found since February.

The location of the body is what is significant, they could, of course, be totally unrelated. Will need to wait to hear if the police will release the name in a timely manner.

Last edited:
Your right, I was trying to research how you determine human remains vs a body and how long a person would need to be deceased before being identified as human remains. It is all very vague and I guess there is not really a clear answer. I will keep an eye on the news outlets but we don't have the best journalism in the valley so might be days before we get an update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back