CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SDSD does not respond to complaints that are submitted to Internal Affairs. Gore seems to stick his head in the sand and hope the problem will go away. With our complaint we did not hear anything until we conducted a press conference. Then after several phone calls of SDSD employees all saying they can't help me.
Then we received a letter stating we have found no bias for an internal affairs investigation. Our complaint fell on deaf ears, and they did nothing. Not a thing.
But there is an agency above the Sheriff's Department who can investigate complaints about / against the SD, is there not? United States Attorney's Office at the Department of Justice?

But there is an agency above the Sheriff's Department who can investigate complaints about / against the SD, is there not? United States Attorney's Office at the Department of Justice?
I believe the next step was to contact the Attorney General of CA. Family did that and they basically received a "form letter" from AG Kamela Harris. (Of course, JS responded to her letter citing he agreed with do-nothing approach). MOO

I believe the next step was to contact the Attorney General of CA. Family did that and they basically received a "form letter" from AG Kamela Harris. (Of course, JS responded to her letter citing he agreed with do-nothing approach). MOO
Is that the recent complaint just posted on the new thread, or an earlier complaint?

Our complaint was never sent to Kamela Harris.
Burma, I think wires may be getting crossed here, well I'm confused anyway :) . I'm not sure if this answers my post above, or Seattle1's reply.

Are you intending to escalate the complaint that I've seen posted on cynic's new thread? Or was this an old complaint perhaps, where Seattle1 referred to a reply from KH?

Burma, I think wires may be getting crossed here, well I'm confused anyway :) . I'm not sure if this answers my post above, or Seattle1's reply.

Are you intending to escalate the complaint that I've seen posted on cynic's new thread? Or was this an old complaint perhaps, where Seattle1 referred to a reply from KH?
The complaint on the thread cynic began is the complaint we sent to SDSD in the spring of 2019. We never sent a complaint to Harris in 2012 or 2019. Hope this helps.

Jonah sent the 2011 complaint to then AG Kamala Harris. It was a sort of pre-emptive move on his part. IIRC, he phrased the request in a way that excluded the real reasons why a review of SDSD's was needed. Kamala set it up by saying she had a very narrow definition of what she would investigate. Jonah threw Harris a "softball" request that she was easily able to decline.

Interestingly, Jonah composed his letter requesting the review of SDSD, then sent it to Kamala, with a copy to SDSD. They posted it on their web site. Teamwork!

https://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/Jonah Shacknai Attorney General Letter.pdf

Why CEO Shacknai's Letter on Death of Girlfriend Is a Strategic Masterstroke

Should California Attorney General Kamala Harris Review the Investigation Into the "Suicide" of Rebecca Zahau?

Jonah sent the 2011 complaint to then AG Kamala Harris. It was a sort of pre-emptive move on his part. IIRC, he phrased the request in a way that excluded the real reasons why a review of SDSD's was needed. Kamala set it up by saying she had a very narrow definition of what she would investigate. Jonah threw Harris a "softball" request that she was easily able to decline.

Interestingly, Jonah composed his letter requesting the review of SDSD, then sent it to Kamala, with a copy to SDSD. They posted it on their web site. Teamwork!

Should California Attorney General Kamala Harris Review the Investigation Into the "Suicide" of Rebecca Zahau?
Thank you Betty P.

My post was asking if the 2019 complaint (posted by cynic) could now be escalated to the Department of Justice, since the Sheriffs Department had failed to act on it.

Thank you Betty P.

My post was asking if the 2019 complaint (posted by cynic) could now be escalated to the Department of Justice, since the Sheriffs Department had failed to act on it.

IANAL and Doug would know more, but it may have to be reviewed again by the new AG, who knows? I'm glad Doug and Mary are doing this. SDSD shouldn't be allowed to "bury" a flawed investigation when there's ample reason to review the evidence again.

It's been odd following this case all these years. The way the sheriff and prosecutor keep telling everyone the evidence of murder is wrong, that you can't believe what your eyes are reading and your ears are hearing. It's like being "gaslighted".

I don't know how Doug and Mary and the rest of Rebecca's family have tolerated it all this time. It's maddening. They're very strong people.

IANAL and Doug would know more, but it may have to be reviewed again by the new AG, who knows? I'm glad Doug and Mary are doing this. SDSD shouldn't be allowed to "bury" a flawed investigation when there's ample reason to review the evidence again.

It's been odd following this case all these years. The way the sheriff and prosecutor keep telling everyone the evidence of murder is wrong, that you can't believe what your eyes are reading and your ears are hearing. It's like being "gaslighted".

I don't know how Doug and Mary and the rest of Rebecca's family have tolerated it all this time. It's maddening. They're very strong people.
Lots of southern comfort and wine.
Thank all of you here for the support and advice.

Yes! Classic gaslighting. I remember being absolutely sure Rebecca had been murdered when the very earliest reports referred to her hanging outside naked. My instinctive reaction was “no way was this suicide.” How many women (or men, for that matter) would want their naked dead body displayed to the world? Of course, that didn’t stop SDSD from disrespectfully continuing that display. And don’t get me started on the ridiculous demo “proving” Rebecca could have tied the knots. SDSD has insulted the intelligence of Rebecca’s family and the public for too long, expecting us to ignore logical thought processes. I am so glad they are being called out.

The attorney’s life size recreation with the mannequin in the courtroom should have opened EVERYONE’S eyes to the corruption happening here. Thankfully, it made things crystal clear to the civil case jury, but once again the Shacknai’s used money to get away with it, despite the guilty verdict.

Adam’s lies are so numerous and so obvious, and Gore’s statements so ...just....

I’m not a fan of Dina but it’s understandable that she questioned the results of Max’s investigation. I don’t believe Rebecca or her sister harmed him, but I don’t buy the scooter theory. (I still think it was accidental, but in some other way than described).

This is one of my top cases where I want to see justice done.

Thank you Betty P.

Thank you @Betty P -- you stated exactly what I was referring to. :)

If given the opportunity to have a sit down with the new AG Mary and I would happily give him all the evidence we currently have. Currently no such meeting is scheduled

If given the opportunity to have a sit down with the new AG Mary and I would happily give him all the evidence we currently have. Currently no such meeting is scheduled

The new AG for California is Xavier Becerra.

Attorney General Xavier Becerra

Given the new (or previously overlooked) evidence that's come to light about Rebecca's murder, is it possible to send him a letter? What does Keith Greer think?

Hi everyone - just watched the series; how utterly tragic and distressing. I have a few musings:

If there is another voice on the 911 call, who could that be?!

What, if any, connection is there to Max's accident? If we accept suicide, then there is a clear connection, but perhaps the accident is a red herring if murder?

Hi everyone - just watched the series; how utterly tragic and distressing. I have a few musings:

If there is another voice on the 911 call, who could that be?!

What, if any, connection is there to Max's accident? If we accept suicide, then there is a clear connection, but perhaps the accident is a red herring if murder?
If SDSD had conducted a actual investigation we all would know who was on scene killing Rebecca, so we do not know who is the owner of the 2nd voice on the 911 call.

That brings me to another question.
How is it possible that Rebecca (according to Gore) was able to get paint on the rope, herself but seemed careful enough to not leave any paint on the paint tube?

If SDSD had conducted a actual investigation we all would know who was on scene killing Rebecca, so we do not know who is the owner of the 2nd voice on the 911 call.

That brings me to another question.
How is it possible that Rebecca (according to Gore) was able to get paint on the rope, herself but seemed careful enough to not leave any paint on the paint tube?

The entire paint situation never made sense to me. You would think there would be paint on the tube, unless someone wiped it off or they were super careful. I wonder what the writing on the door means, I’m sure it’s been discussed a million times so I’ll try not to ask to many questions. Was it Gore who said she wrote it?
Hugs to you and your family, I hope you all get justice for this beautiful soul.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate
Back