Identified! CA - Redondo Beach, BlkFem UP3342, 20-40, at construction site, Aug'01 - Catherine Parker-Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is the 8th DDP case was removed recently, unfortunately the announcements are not coming fast…

Yeah, it's back up on my end too (and says it was updated today)

Sorry guys, the solved cases went back down too. I didn't know the case is marked as solved while it is being updated. :confused: Hopefully she is close to being identified.

Sorry guys, the solved cases went back down too. I didn't know the case is marked as solved while it is being updated. :confused: Hopefully she is close to being identified.
But do we know what was updated? I dont see anything new

Using genetic genealogy, investigators determined that the remains found Aug. 29, 2001, during construction at on the 1600 block of Wollacott Street were those of Catherine Parker-Johnson, Redondo Beach Police Department Lt. Jeff Mendence said Friday in a press release.

The remains were provisionally identified in March of this year, after a preliminary DNA comparison with two women who were later identified as the victim’s daughter and sister, Mendence said.

Based on law enforcement and database searches, investigators determined that Parker-Johnson had not been reported missing and that she last had contact with her family in May of 1981. The last record of any contact with her was Aug. 31, 1981, in Lennox.

Here is a much sharper photo of Catherine.

The news agencies last week were given a copy of her photo that had been only partially enhanced.

Attachments

• Catherine Parker 2.jpg
    Catherine Parker 2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 17
I attended the presser this morning, and this is the graphic illustration of the key lines that led DDP researchers to Catherine's identity. The key ancestor was Catherine's 2nd Great Grandfather - Christopher Columbus Withers (1853-1925) from Holly Springs Mississippi. (upper-right corner of the illustration) The green squares represent persons who had profiles in GEDMatch or FTDNA, and who came up on her list of biological relatives.

It was explained in the presser that once we established CC Withers as a direct ancestor, we were able to locate a man from Gilroy CA and request that he take a DNA test. That test revealed that he was about a half-first cousin or a first cousin once removed from our Jane Doe. We were then able to identify all of his aunts and uncles on that side of his family. Investigators located several living persons from that family and learned from one of them that Catherine had not been heard from since the late 70s or early 80s.

1687813615855.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back