Identified! CA - Redondo Beach, BlkFem UP3342, 20-40, at construction site, Aug'01 - Catherine Parker-Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In regards to 1624 Wollacott, yes the houses are very close together. The lot is sandwiched between two homes and the rear abuts a parking lot of a business. The house is built on a hill, the rear backyard fence has an approximate 12ft sheer wall down to the parking lot. It seems unlikely someone accessed the backyard from Aviation blvd. I can send you a picture if you’re interested.

yes please.

Here's the google maps of the location. I know it very well. I used to drive past that exact location twice a week to get to a restaurant that my mother and I frequented. To get to eastbound Grant Avenue, I would take Wollacott and then left to Ormond/Grant from Wollocott, rather than from Aviation because that intersection (Aviation/Grant) was always a messy left-turn.

Google Maps

I know the odds are very slim but my grandma’s sister went missing in Redondo in the 70s. I’ve always wondered what happened to her. From what my dad says a police report had been filed but I’m not sure that’s true I’ve never been able to find much.

I know the odds are very slim but my grandma’s sister went missing in Redondo in the 70s. I’ve always wondered what happened to her. From what my dad says a police report had been filed but I’m not sure that’s true I’ve never been able to find much.

Welcome to WS! We are a friendly bunch with a common goal, so please do reach out for any assistance.

Many police reports from the 70s have not been uploaded to the modern systems. You can check on specific cases at www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Search

If you do not find your relative listed there, ideally your family should follow up with police to have her case listed on Namus and provide a familial DNA sample.

What were her name and circumstances of life and disappearance ?
The depthless and ceaseless callousness of the police, especially in older cases, must never be underestimated so do investigate if she's still considered a missing person, if her information is on a public database and if that information is correct and sufficient.

Hi KL05, I knew as soon as I read your comment I knew that you are my relative! I have also come to the conclusion that a missing persons report was never filed. I feel very sad and angry that I was lied to by my Grandmother and Aunts about a missing person report being filed on my Mother. For the life of me I do not understand why she wasn't reported missing. I have just added my DNA to GEDmatch. I think she went missing in 1973 but I am not sure. What else can I do? Can I file a missing persons report 47 years after the fact when I have no information on the disappearance? My sister's and I just want closure. This location on Wollacott is very close to a bar she used to frequent on Aviation. I used my Mother's picture as my profile picture to put a face to her name. Patricia Lorraine Gentle is missing.

Hi KL05, I knew as soon as I read your comment I knew that you are my relative! I have also come to the conclusion that a missing persons report was never filed. I feel very sad and angry that I was lied to by my Grandmother and Aunts about a missing person report being filed on my Mother. For the life of me I do not understand why she wasn't reported missing. I have just added my DNA to GEDmatch. I think she went missing in 1973 but I am not sure. What else can I do? Can I file a missing persons report 47 years after the fact when I have no information on the disappearance? My sister's and I just want closure. This location on Wollacott is very close to a bar she used to frequent on Aviation. I used my Mother's picture as my profile picture to put a face to her name. Patricia Lorraine Gentle is missing.
Yes, you definitely can request to have a report filed! You may not have been lied to. Alot of reports back then, especially for an adult, may have been purged, destroyed or LE themselves may not have officially created a report even if the family requested one back then. I suggest that you do file a report in whatever county she was last known to be in and request they create a NamUs case along with giving them a DNA sample for CODIS and NamUs.
I really hope you get the answers you seek!
P.S. Once you have a missing person case number, we can start a thread here for her. We have alot of smart cookies here that can help!

Make sure that if you've uploaded to GEDmatch, you have opted in to LE matching, or else DDP can't see you as a match to any Does. Good luck with your search! The advice above is very solid, if you have a missing person report and a NamUs case you can request to have your DNA taken so it can be compared to any Does with DNA in CODIS or NamUs. That's probably your best bet at finding her.

we all love you and your sisters so much and i really hope you guys can find some closure. DNA has come such a long way i do believe we are in a season of justice. If you need any help getting in contact with LE to get them to reopen a case or file a report let me know i am here.

I hope you and your family are able to quickly get her into NamUs and find answers. We see older cases being added to NamUs regularly, so it can definitely be done. I am truly sorry you have been missing her for so long. Best of luck.

Thank you all for your support. Someone forwarded my information and I am eternally grateful as I now am in contact with Detective Skipper after he sent me this message through my ancestry account December 30, 2020, just 2 days ago.
Ms. Pitman,
This is Detective Skipper at Redondo Beach Police. I am investigating the Wollacott case. Can you please contact me at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx or provide a number where I can contact you?
Thank you,
John Skipper RBPD

bbm
Thank you all for your support. Someone forwarded my information and I am eternally grateful as I now am in contact with Detective Skipper after he sent me this message through my ancestry account December 30, 2020, just 2 days ago.
Ms. Pitman,
This is Detective Skipper at Redondo Beach Police. I am investigating the Wollacott case. Can you please contact me at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx or provide a number where I can contact you?
Thank you,
John Skipper RBPD
Patricia Lorraine Gentle's NamUs page:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Patricia Lorraine Gentle's WS thread:
CA - CA - Patricia Lorraine Gentle, 33, Redondo Beach, 1 Jan 1973

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities