CA CA - Richard Strehle, 26, South Lake Tahoe, 5 July 1973

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope this helps you, a possible husband(stepfather to Richard) could be John F. Stone. Her last name could also have been Kelly at some point

Attachments

• marie1.png
    marie1.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 4
This guy(guy above's son)could be Richard's father, Uncle, or not related at all.
The older Strehle that died in 72 had lived in Santa Barbara for years

Attachments

• strehle3.png
    strehle3.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
Here is some of the Strehle family from SB County, unsure if they are related to Richard or not, although we know somehow Marie (that died in 2001 was)although you can see a second spouse for Arthur, so maybe he had been married to Marie previously before getting re married

Attachments

• strehle5.png
    strehle5.png
    400.9 KB · Views: 3
I think I have it here. Marie was married to Richard's dad whomever he was and got divorced (or maybe never married to him) then she moved to Chico, Butte County where we see her in 1952 directory using her old name STREHLE. Then we have the marriage between her and John F. Stone in 1952, then after that, her name is Stone. (I think they quickly divorced)

Attachments

• strehle16.png
    strehle16.png
    273.7 KB · Views: 1
Also found a voter reg for her I think from Southern CA from time when Richard was born there

Attachments

• strehle12.png
    strehle12.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 2
Okay, I think I solved it. Seems like Arthur A. Strehle was Richard's dad. He was married to Richard's mom Marie in 1940's and he died in 1963 after being remarried.

Attachments

• strehle17.png
    strehle17.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 3
Okay, I think I solved it. Seems like Arthur A. Strehle was Richard's dad. He was married to Richard's mom Marie in 1940's and he died in 1963 after being remarried.

There is a chance I am wrong, and that Marie was married to a Douglas M. Strehle. Found a divorce record for a Douglas & Marie in 1948 Nevada City, CA

Attachments

• strehle19.png
    strehle19.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 3
Okay sorry for the confusion(you almost have to be a genealogist here) 100% Missing Richard Edward Strehle is the son of Douglas M. Strehle as seen by the birth announcement here, and Marie & Douglas divorced in 1948

Attachments

• strehle21.png
    strehle21.png
    318.5 KB · Views: 5
Okay sorry for the confusion(you almost have to be a genealogist here) 100% Missing Richard Edward Strehle is the son of Douglas M. Strehle as seen by the birth announcement here, and Marie & Douglas divorced in 1948
Ah - he's the dad I found first, and then when Richard turned up in Santa Barbara, I thought it was wrong because I couldn't connect the Strehles...So how does A. A connect with Doug's Mum & Dad...never did figure that one out and I'm all Strehlied out for today. They're an absolute nightmare.

Ah - he's the dad I found first, and then when Richard turned up in Santa Barbara, I thought it was wrong because I couldn't connect the Strehles...So how does A. A connect with Doug's Mum & Dad...never did figure that one out and I'm all Strehlied out for today. They're an absolute nightmare.

Maybe they are relatives somehow, but maybe a total coincidence and they are not related. It would need more family tree building which I need a break from

By the way, Doug's brother IS the military guy killed in combat with the award named after him, which I am sure you have come across. Search for Richard Strehle or Dick Strehle in the 1940s newspapers and you will find a lot of stories about what a war hero Richard was (missing Richard's uncle and namesake)before he was killed in action.

Here is Doug's timeline/family tree. Next I want to dig up more details on the other missing people from South Lake Tahoe from that 3 year period, Donna Lass and Charles Hollingsworth

Attachments

• douglasmiltonstrehle3.png
    douglasmiltonstrehle3.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Morf - I've had it with the Strehle too, I need a break to recover from the muddle! But I did take another look at that Santa Barbara Directory for '68...at the back they list things the other way round, and I wanted to see who Donna Lass had as neighbours. Nobody I knew, as it turned out, but she did live in the Donna Apartments block. I've filed it away under my "Strange Coincidences in the Zodiac Cases" :)

I will get back to work soon.
South Lake Tahoe is 16 square miles in size. From 1970-1973, I think the crime rate was pretty low.
With all of that, you have 3 people go missing over a 3 year span there. Donna & Charles are both in the medical field, and Donna and Richard lived really close in another town 400 miles South prior to coming to South Lake Tahoe.
Some of their addresses in South Lake Tahoe are also very close proximity.
I'd like to know more if there are any other shared connections, or if they knew each other, etc

Just seems like more than a coincidence for all of this to happen

I will get back to work soon.
South Lake Tahoe is 16 square miles in size. From 1970-1973, I think the crime rate was pretty low.
With all of that, you have 3 people go missing over a 3 year span there. Donna & Charles are both in the medical field, and Donna and Richard lived really close in another town 400 miles South prior to coming to South Lake Tahoe.
Some of their addresses in South Lake Tahoe are also very close proximity.
I'd like to know more if there are any other shared connections, or if they knew each other, etc

Just seems like more than a coincidence for all of this to happen

Do you happen to know the exact address(es) of the others who disappeared in South Lake Tahoe? I want to investigate any possible overlap with the apartment buildings/homes Maloney Realty (the agency Richard worked at) was trying to sell around that time.

I did Charles Lorraine Rosencrace Hollingsworth this afternoon and his disappearance is IMO, not connected with either Donna or Richard, but came after a divorce and just a month before his ex-wife remarried. His Doe Network entry mentions an argument with a family member...so he was last seen by someone who knew him well. Maybe there was foul play, maybe not, but the disappearance doesn't seem to be the work of "outside forces" in the same way as the other two.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back