CA - Robert Spohr, 70, fatally shot & Wendy Wood, 68, shot at home, Lake Tahoe, 5 June 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The killer spent hours in the home with the family dog waiting for the Spohrs to arrive home. There were so many things that made it sound like an insider, but that always stood out to me.
Yep, but we couldn't talk about it. Turns out LE were working an investigation into him from the start. Due to his financial problems, they probably zoomed in on him from the beginning.

White pants seem like an odd colour choice of clothing to wear to commit murder, wondering if the perp has a change of clothing in his backpack? imo.
Homewood Homicide - $150,000 Reward for Information
''Reward:
$150,000 for any information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the murder of Robert Gary Spohr and attempted murder of Wendy Wood on June 5, 2021.
How to Deliver Your Information:
Contact the Placer County Sheriff at 530 – 889 – 7853 or bmattiso@placer.ca.gov. Information & tips will only be taken by the Sheriff’s office.''
''On June 5, 2021
He traveled Northbound on West Lake Blvd from Homewood to Tahoe City between 8:30-10:30pm on June 5, 2021''

''Wendy and Gary met in college and were inseparable for the past 50 years. On October 16, 2021, they would have been celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary. More than married, they were each other’s business partner and they were best friends.
On June 5, 2021, an unknown man entered their home, murdered Gary, and attempted to murder Wendy.''
Please help us find this individual as well as anyone who may have assisted him.'

Just reposting the cctv of the killer.

Nothing stolen.

The killer WAITED for them to come home. If this was a random or spree / thrill killing, seems the gunman would have immediately moved on to the next home.

At first blush, this would certainly seem to be a targeted "hit".
gruesome to say this but I think an experienced professional would have killed both victims- makes me think this person was inexperienced (bingo). was the couple's dog the friendliest dog ever?

Last edited:
I just read this update as well...am I the only person that read this article and immediately suspected a *potential* link to the son in law? It just glared like a beam. Sparks/Reno, mother thinks it was someone she knew, financial distress, no forced access (household key)...the classics. Who Is Erin Serafini? Dan Serafini Wife- Married Life And Kids. No accusations obviously, this is complete conjecture. Just seemed obvious path of investigation, which I'm sure they've done.
I was thinking that it could be a younger family member, even before I read that article. It seemed like a possible scenario where family members were in a hurry to get their inheritance.

No robbery, quick execution, no dog barking/fighting, no forced entrance, and seemed to know when both victims were away from home but would return soon. JMO

Re post .
View attachment 358064

''The shooter appears to have traveled by foot in the bike lane along West Lake Blvd on June 5, 2021

He traveled southbound on West Lake Blvd from Tahoe City to Homewood between 3:30-5:30pm on June 5, 2021

He traveled Northbound on West Lake Blvd from Homewood to Tahoe City between 8:30-10:30pm on June 5, 2021

If you have any camera footage or information about this individual, please provide to the Placer County Sheriff at 530 – 889 – 7853 or to jcmartin@placer.ca.gov''

$150,000 REWARD FOR INFORMATION​

To submit tips or information

Call 530 - 889 - 7853 or email jcmartin@placer.ca.gov''
For some reason, that picture immediately says "young man in 20s/30s" to me. Something about posture
Sad update

Link to article past paywall

[Their daughter] believes the killer knew her parents “directly,” and she stays in close contact with the sheriff’s office in Placer County, where the victims’ towering chalet-style home sat in an upscale neighborhood alongside the lake and the Homewood ski resort.

Investigators said they have new clues that lead them to think someone may have hired the shooter to kill the couple on June 5, 2021 — and that whoever put up the money for the job or pulled the trigger may be from the Reno area.

Wood managed to regain consciousness just long enough to dial 911, and though she couldn’t speak, dispatchers could tell something was wrong and sent officers to the home. There, they found Spohr dead near a fireplace on the second floor. Wood was prone in the bathroom. Her daughter thinks their dog, Maggie, licked her out of concern long enough to revive her to make the phone call.

We are looking for multiple suspects who we believe were involved in the murder of Gary Spohr. … We continue to track down all tips and leads,” Placer County sheriff’s spokesperson Angela Musallam said. Beyond that, she said, “We cannot provide any additional details at this time.”

Adrienne Spohr, 33, said she does know some of those leads, though, and she is encouraged.

Spohr said that even though her mother didn’t remember the shooting, “she had some feelings in her heart. She thought it was someone she knew.”

1698036396394.png

Site from family:
www.homewoodhomicide.com

Last edited:
News report from one year ago that includes daughter Adrienne Spohr who has been the most outspoken with the media from the very start. There is also a clip of victim Wendy Spohr who was still working at physiotherapy trying to regain her strength. She had to re-learn how to talk and walk after the shootings, but tragically took her life after this news segment aired.

I hope with the arrests that Adrienne at least feels that there may be some form of justice for what happened, especially to her mother who clearly suffered and tried her best to overcome what had been taken away from her.

Wendy Wood and her husband, Robert Gary Spohr, were found shot in June 2021.

Wendy Wood and her husband, Robert Gary Spohr, were found shot in June 2021.

The long-unsolved shootings had stunned the community. Video footage released by authorities showed a man wearing a dark hoodie and mask and carrying a backpack walking to the residence several hours beforehand, but in spite of pleas for information and a $150,000 reward, no suspect was named until last week

(The co-accused Samantha Scott is described as victims’ daughter Erin Spohr’s close friend and former nanny.)​

“Tahoe couple’s daughter accused sister and ex-MLB player in death of her parents months before his arrest​

Kevin FaganOct. 24, 2023
Adrienne Spohr sits in front of a photograph her mom gave her in her Petaluma home. She sued her sister and her sister’s husband, former professional baseball player Daniel “Danny” Serafini, in June, accusing them of being involved in the deaths of her parents.

Adrienne Spohr sits in front of a photograph her mom gave her in her Petaluma home. She sued her sister and her sister’s husband, former professional baseball player Daniel “Danny” Serafini, in June, accusing them of being involved in the deaths of her parents.
Ramin Rahimian/Special to the Chronicle

The daughter of a prominent couple shot in Lake Tahoe two years ago, leaving the father dead and the mother wounded, quietly sued her sister and her sister’s husband, former professional baseball player Daniel “Danny” Serafini, in the spring — accusing them, months before Serafini’s arrest last week, of murdering or helping to murder her parents.

One purpose of the lawsuit, reviewed by the Chronicle, is apparently to keep Serafini and his wife, Erin Spohr, from collecting inheritance money after the slayings to pay off hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from his bar business.”

E8DB117C-5D54-46ED-B313-9030811EEBC3.jpeg
(paywalled) https://www.sfchronicle.com/california/article/tahoe-couple-killed-mlb-player-arrest-daughter-sue-18443876.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Last edited:

(The co-accused Samantha Scott is described as victims’ daughter Erin Spohr’s close friend and former nanny.)​

“Tahoe couple’s daughter accused sister and ex-MLB player in death of her parents months before his arrest​

Kevin FaganOct. 24, 2023

Ramin Rahimian/Special to the Chronicle

The daughter of a prominent couple shot in Lake Tahoe two years ago, leaving the father dead and the mother wounded, quietly sued her sister and her sister’s husband, former professional baseball player Daniel “Danny” Serafini, in the spring — accusing them, months before Serafini’s arrest last week, of murdering or helping to murder her parents.

One purpose of the lawsuit, reviewed by the Chronicle, is apparently to keep Serafini and his wife, Erin Spohr, from collecting inheritance money after the slayings to pay off hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from his bar business.”

View attachment 455613
(paywalled) https://www.sfchronicle.com/california/article/tahoe-couple-killed-mlb-player-arrest-daughter-sue-18443876.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
Thank you for posting this. I was wondering if one sister had suspected the other. <modsnip - no lnk>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting this. I was wondering if one sister had suspected the other. <modsnip - no link>

If she is involved, I wonder if the two suspects will turn on her.

“Adrienne also told NBC that after the arrest of Serafini and Scott, she feels an “immense weight lifted off my shoulders.”

She declined to say anything about her sister’s potential involvement.”

She has said she doesn’t want to hinder the investigation by saying too much.

ETA:
8918C42F-5EFC-4416-8710-BA1F29267BCC.jpeg

A73C4084-A7A8-43C9-A03A-0837F52FFBBD.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a tragic situation - in different ways, losing your entire family - parents and sister. The Danny Serafini guy seemed like trouble from first seeing him on the reality tv show. Fast talking, aggressive, not honest, putting on an act, etc. I'll never understand why some people are attracted to these kind of partners. I couldn't stand to be married to someone who lied to me all the time.

QUIETLY suing her sister and husband (wrongful death) is right! I spent hours on this case last weekend and early determined Scott and Erin's connection but did not find the lawsuit! What incredible betrayal -- I'm so sorry for Adrienne.

10/24/23

She declined to say anything about her sister’s potential involvement.

Serafini and Scott are awaiting extradition from Nevada to California. It is not immediately clear if either has retained an attorney.

Sgt. David Smith of the sheriff's office said that Serafini is the son-in-law of both victims, NBC News reported.

Serafini pitched in Major League Baseball for parts of seven seasons from 1996 to 2007. After being drafted in the first round by the Minnesota Twins, he also played for the Chicago Cubs, San Padres, Pittsburgh Pirates, Cincinnati Reds and Colorado Rockies.

10/24/23

Exactly two years after the killing, Adrienne Spohr sued her sister and Serafini in civil court, blaming them for her parents’ deaths and seeking to deny them any access to inheritance money, according to the Chronicle.

More than four months after that suit was filed, authorities arrested Serafini and charged him in the case. Both Serafini and Scott were detained in Nevada and are still awaiting extradition to Placer County, Calif., the Chronicle reported.

Adrienne Spohr did not comment Tuesday on the lawsuit. After the arrests, she released a statement saying police had provided “a moment of profound relief and gratitude after two years of fear and uncertainty.”

The daughter who issued the statement in 2021 is named Adrienne Spohr and she was not married to Dan Serafini. He married a different daughter, named Erin.

"A public records search, shows Serafini had a family relationship with Spohr and Wood, having married one of their daughters, Erin."

Correct! Erin should have suspected her husband based on the surveillance video. Crazy that she was possibly involved too, wonder if additional charges to come.

On the two-year anniversary of her father’s slaying and mother’s assault, Adrienne Spohr filed a lawsuit in Placer Superior Court alleging she knew who did it.

Two months later, Erin Spohr filed a lawsuit against Adrienne, alleging her younger sister manipulated their mother into disinheriting her from a $10 million estate and facilitating their mother’s suicide.

QUIETLY suing her sister and husband (wrongful death) is right! I spent hours on this case last weekend and early determined Scott and Erin's connection but did not find the lawsuit! What incredible betrayal -- I'm so sorry for Adrienne.
You can see pictures of the two lawsuits in this video.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back