CA CA - Robin Graham, 18, Los Angeles, 14 Nov 1970

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Miss Graham had graduated the previous spring from John Marshall High. Marshall University was also named after John Marshall (the longest serving Chief Justice of the Supreme Court).

Southern Airways Flight 932 crashed at Tri-State Airport in West Virginia only about 9.5 hours before Miss Graham ran out of gas.

Miss Graham had graduated the previous spring from John Marshall High. Marshall University was also named after John Marshall (the longest serving Chief Justice of the Supreme Court).

Southern Airways Flight 932 crashed at Tri-State Airport in West Virginia only about 9.5 hours before Miss Graham ran out of gas.
Do you think there is a connection of any kind with Robin's disappearance and that devastating crash, or just a very sad coincidence?
Might the person who stopped to "help" Robin have used that information somehow, to abduct her?
speculation, imo.
Marshall Univ. Crash
"On the rainy evening of November 14th, 1970, Southern Airways Flight #932 , a Douglas DC-9 commercial jet, left Kinston, North Carolina, at the scheduled time for the charter flight, consisting of the members of the Marshall University football team, its staff, supporters, and flight crew."
" At 7:34 PM, the airliner's crew reported passing the Tri-State Airport's outer marker for the runway; the controller gave them clearance to land. The airliner was on its final approach when it collided with the tops of trees on a hillside just over a mile west of the runway."

I think it was something the abductor did to create mummery about the crime, perhaps to make murder more appealing to others he wanted to encourage to commit similar crimes. There actually is a serial killer, Herbert Mullin, active in California in the early 70's who killed 13. He was born on the anniversary of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, and he claimed that accordingly he had to kill in order to prevent earthquakes. Anyway, I suppose Mullin believed in some sort of earthquake spirit that wants murders. Not a far step from believing in murder-loving earthquake spirits to believing in murder-loving disaster spirits associated with other disasters.

The San Francisco earthquake of 1906 is California's deadliest disaster (in the sense of a disastrous event that takes place in a very short period of time). San Francisco is Spanish for St. Francis. The second deadliest California disaster is the St. Francis Dam disaster of March 12, 1928 (about 600 dead). William Mulholland was head of the agency that became Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, where Robin Graham's father worked. Mulholland took full responsibility for the dam failure. The agency that he headed designed and built the dam, and he had personally inspected it about 12 hours before it failed. Mulholland Drive, near which the remains of Habe, Tashman, and Jurvetson were dumped, is named after him. Notice that Ray stayed at the St. Francis Hotel right before he left LA to Atlanta (via New Orleans) shortly before King was assassinated (I believe Ray's rooming house in Atlanta was around the corner from where Margaret Mitchell was killed by a taxi when crossing the street), that Gerald Ford was shot at by Sara Jane Moore at another St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, and that RFK's middle name is Francis.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that shortly after the Robin Graham disappearance the murderer left the west coast. In fact, I noticed the patterns in the west coast after I saw similar patterns in later crimes to the east (and so was looking out for them). In particular, the 1973 Donna Marie Boudreau, 18, murder seems like it was done by same person or group as did Graham. She was murdered in Fitchburg, MA, the home of Iver Johnson, producers of the McKinley and RFK assassination weapons, on the 100th birthday of President McKinley's assassin Czolgosz, who was born the day after the Truesdell Bridge disaster. The car in which she was a passenger broke down on John Fitch Highway near Summer Street (Summer Street retractable bridge disaster, deadliest ever Massachusetts railway disaster), and she decided to walk to her 84 Highland Avenue home (Tashman was taken near the Highland Avenue off ramp and Ray lived on Highland Avenue when he bought his Mustang in Birmingham). (The weapon used to assassinate Garfield was made in Birmingham, England, and bought at Rhodes' tavern; the St. Francis Hotel was on Hollywood Blvd and Garfield Pl; and Ray was headed to Salisbury, Rhodesia, after killing King, and while in LA took dance lessons from Sharon Rhodes.) Boudreau's remains (or rather most of them) were found in a heavily wooded area near an orchard near Marshall Road after a dalmatian had carried one of her arms to his owner at 50 Marshall Road.

If Graham's murderer(s) did have something to do early on with the MLK assassination and with murdering Jewish girls/young women, that of course is strong evidence that originally the racism and anti-semitism typical of white supremacists was a strong motive. But for whatever reason, the racist and antisemitic motive seems by the time of the murder of Graham to largely have been replaced by a desire to kill people generally and more especially young females generally.

Sorry, the Fitchburg girl who was found dead in 1973 was Donna Maria Boudreau (not Donna Marie Boudreau), and the arm was seen May 29 at 60 (not 50) Marshall Road, in the mouth of a dalmation dog owned by the owner of the residence that that location (it's not clear to me from newspaper articles whether it was discovered by the dog's owner or a Department of Public Works Employee). Almost all the rest of the remains were found together about 5 hours after the arm (from 1973 articles in Fitchburg Sentinel). No definitive cause of death was listed by the autopsy report, but she "may have come to her death from traumatic injuries to her head and neck such as manual strangulation, which could have predisposed these structures to the resultant insect and animal predation of the head and neck while the remainder of the body remained relatively well preserved.[July 17, 1973, Fitchburg Sentinel]"

Robin Graham was not a student at Marshall University. She was a student at Pierce College.

Are you trying to say that Robin's killer caused a plane to crash to cover up her murder? English isn't my first language so I'm having a hard time following the logic in your posts.

In any case, your responses are all conjecture and you are tying things together that don't have a togetherness other than common names. Those types of responses need to have IMO or MOO in them to let others know they are opinions and not facts. Just an FYI.

Last edited:
Robin Graham was not a student at Marshall University. She was a student at Pierce College.

Are you trying to say that Robin's killer caused a plane to crash to cover up her murder? English isn't my first language so I'm having a hard time following the logic in your posts.

In any case, your responses are all conjecture and you are tying things together that don't have a togetherness other than common names. Those types of responses need to have IMO or MOO in them to let others know they are opinions and not facts. Just an FYI.

Not many schools are named after Supreme Court Justice John Marshall. It is strange that Robin went to a high school named after him and was murdered about 10 hours after a plane crashed killing the football team from a school named after the same John Marshall. Nor are many roads named after individuals that are responsible for 600 deaths.

I don’t think any of the above has any meaning whatsoever. When we consider how many people are murdered, disappear, are involved in accidents every year—year after year—if we pick any names, street names, names of places connected with a victim in any way, naturally there will be occasional repetition of names. I wouldn’t even want to dignify the concept by calling them coincidences.

How do you know that that the things I mention don't have a togetherness other than common names? I did not claim that the togetherness of the names is not merely a coincidence, though of course it would have been bad pragmatics for me to have made my post if the togetherness were almost definitely just from coincidence. You, however, are indeed claiming that the togetherness is just common names, whereas the togetherness may also be a result of intentional behavior on the part of the murderer, say because he likes to make things spooky by referring to mass death, etc. I imagine it is purely an opinion on your part that the togetherness is just coincidental.

Robin has been missing for 49 years today.

And murderers may still be referring to the St. Francis Dam disaster and the death of the Marshall University football team, like I think Robin's abductor was. Valencia High I believe would have been obliterated by the St. Francis Dam disaster, but that's not the Santa Clarita high school where the shooting happened on the shooter's 16th birthday, the day before the 49th anniversary of Robin's disappearance.

Saugus, on the other hand, was an important location on the Southern Pacific, being where the line from the south through Newhall Pass from the San Fernando Valley and LA turns east to follow the Santa Clara River towards Palmdale so it can cross at the Tehachapi pass (rather than go on a more straight route to San Francisco like it would if it went through the Tejon pass, like I-5 or El Camino Viejo, the latter of which actually went along San Francisquito Creek, which is what the St. Francis Dam was on). Saugus, unlike Valencia, is a community that actually existed in 1928, and is heavily mentioned in period articles discussing the dam disaster, being arguably the closest place of consequence. The chief financier of the Southern Pacific in its early years was Collis Huntington, namesake of Huntington, West Virginia, where the Marshall University plane crash happened the day before Marshall High graduate Robin vanished. Also involving car trouble, Cindy Mellin vanished from Ventura (where a good many victims of the St. Francis Dam disaster were fished out of the Santa Clara and buried and near where other bodies floated into the Pacific and the shark feeding frenzy) 87 years to day after a terrible train crash at Tehachapi that killed 15, including the wife of a former governor of California (who burned to death before him as she was pinned in the wreckage). And Saugus, California, is homonymous with Saugus, Montana, the closest community to the Custer Creek train wreck of 1938 (47 dead), and was named after Saugus, Massachusetts, where some of Joan Webster's belongings were found near Lynn where the Second Great Lynn Fire happened on the day she was abducted in 1981.

Robin Ann Graham
  • robin_ann_graham_1.jpg
  • robin_ann_graham_2.jpg
  • robin_ann_graham_3.jpg
  • robin_ann_graham_4.jpg
Graham, circa 1970; Age-progression to an unknown age

• Missing Since 11/14/1970
  • Missing From Los Angeles, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 06/22/1952 (67)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue corduroy jacket with gold buttons, a red jersey blouse, blue jeans and red clog shoes. Carrying a leather purse.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Graham had dropped her car off at Pier One Imports where she was employed part-time, and left the store in her boyfriend's car for an evening out on November 14, 1970.

The vehicle stalled out at approximately 2:00 a.m., southbound on the Hollywood Freeway near Santa Monica Boulevard and Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Graham called her parents and asked them to pick her up. A California Highway patrolman saw her standing next to the disabled car shortly afterwards.

An unidentified Caucasian male in his mid-twenties was seen talking to Graham just before she vanished. He was wearing bell-bottom trousers and a white turtleneck and was about 5'8 tall. A 1957 - 1960, primed light blue Corvette hardtop was parked behind her boyfriend's vehicle.

The man helped Graham get the car started, then they rode off together in his car. The patrolman said she appeared to get into the man's car willingly. She has never been heard from again. When her parents arrived at the location to pick her up they found only her car, locked and abandoned, on the side of the freeway.

After the Los Angeles Times did a story on Graham's disappearance, a woman wrote a letter to Graham's parents and said she, too, had stalled on the road and a man driving a Corvette, who claimed to be an off-duty police detective, offered her a ride. The woman refused his offer. It is not known if this man is the same person as the man last seen with Graham.

The woman identified Bruce Davis as the man she saw. Davis is one of numerous people suspected of being the Zodiac Killer, a serial killer who terrorized California in the late 1970s.

It is not known if he has any connection to Graham's disappearance, but there is some speculation that she was a victim of the Zodiac Killer. Graham disappeared during the full moon, which is when the Zodiac liked to strike.

There is speculation that Jeannette Kamahele was one of his victims. Another suggested victim was Donna Lass, but it was later determined that her disappearance probably was not connected to the Zodiac.

Graham's case remains unsolved. She was a student at Pierce College at the time of her disappearance. Her parents are now deceased. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.
Investigating Agency
  • Los Angeles Police Department 213-485-5381
Source Information

Disappearance of Robin Graham - Wikipedia

"The case was handled by detectives at the Rampart Division of the LAPD who thought Graham's disappearance was possibly linked to three other similar cases involving young women over the previous two years,[4] including Rose Tashman, an Israeli-born student at San Fernando Valley State College who disappeared in 1969. She had a flat tire on the Hollywood Freeway, a few miles from the location of Graham's car. Months before Graham's disappearance, on January 20, 1970, another young woman, Cindy Lee Mellin, had also disappeared; her car was found with a flat tire, she likewise has never been found. None of the other cases were solved and all the other victims were found dead in the Hollywood Hills. In 1975, a similar disappearance took place from the San Bernardino Freeway, in El Monte. The skeletal remains of Mona Jean Gallegos were found nearly six months later in a Riverside ravine."

So, I have been reading all posts on this thread, including many questions, and will try to answer them now, knowing her family.

Was Robin declared legally dead? Yes, about 10 years after her disappearance.
What about her family (sill alive, etc.)? Her parents died in 2008 and 2010. She had 8 siblings, 7 of which are still alive.
Why did the parents take so long and where had they been? It was Robin's mom's birthday and the parents were out with neighbors. Robin's 16yo sister took the call with the dispatcher saying Robin was "stranded", but the parents were not home yet and there was no other car available for any of the siblings to pick Robin up.
Was the breakdown near their home? Hollywood Freeway leads straight towards the area where she lived. From the Freeway it would have been another few minutes.
Was the car manipulated / did the kidnapper get her car started? How that second one even came up in any official sources I do not know. Robin was supposed to get gas before going to work but didn't. Nothing was manipulated. The car was just extremely low on gas. So unless that guy randomly had gas with him...he could not have "gotten her car started".
Did she meet any guys that night? Robin had a boyfriend, who also took her back to her car after the party. So it is unlikely she got into anything with any guy.
How was the weather in LA that night? Clear sky, full moon, temperatures somewhere in the 60s.

So, I have been reading all posts on this thread, including many questions, and will try to answer them now, knowing her family.

Was Robin declared legally dead? Yes, about 10 years after her disappearance.
What about her family (sill alive, etc.)? Her parents died in 2008 and 2010. She had 8 siblings, 7 of which are still alive.
Why did the parents take so long and where had they been? It was Robin's mom's birthday and the parents were out with neighbors. Robin's 16yo sister took the call with the dispatcher saying Robin was "stranded", but the parents were not home yet and there was no other car available for any of the siblings to pick Robin up.
Was the breakdown near their home? Hollywood Freeway leads straight towards the area where she lived. From the Freeway it would have been another few minutes.
Was the car manipulated / did the kidnapper get her car started? How that second one even came up in any official sources I do not know. Robin was supposed to get gas before going to work but didn't. Nothing was manipulated. The car was just extremely low on gas. So unless that guy randomly had gas with him...he could not have "gotten her car started".
Did she meet any guys that night? Robin had a boyfriend, who also took her back to her car after the party. So it is unlikely she got into anything with any guy.
How was the weather in LA that night? Clear sky, full moon, temperatures somewhere in the 60s.

what is your scenario of what likely happened that night?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back