CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE waiting so long to release the location of the body is odd, but probably for the best.

Maybe they were expecting someone to slip up? I assume Jordan and Lindsey (Lindsay?) probably thought they got away with it.

I really do wonder what actually caused this poor boy’s death. They are stating there was no physical trauma, which is a BIG surprise to me, because I keep remembering that picture of Roman, sitting in a library, skinny, pale and all bruised up. His wrists were bruised, almost like someone “held” him violently by the wrists or that he was shackled. I believe he had some obvious bruising on his forehead too.

I don’t understand how they had the nerve to go out publicly with a child all bruised up like that. Did nobody notice? I forgot, but were the kids homeschooled?

He did look malnourished in that picture, he always looked sick, specially compared to the other kids. I keep wondering if this poor kid really was sick with something undiagnosed and the neglect and the abuse made it worse and that’s what eventually killed him.

I can’t forget poor 12-year-old Evanna, she had a pretty serious kidney disease/condition. Never diagnosed, the parents didn’t seek medical help for her until there was no chances of her being saved. So yeah, I wonder if something similar happened to Roman. Already sick and abused on top of that.

@Vae Victus Thx for your post.
So she put poison in "spring, well, reservoir and public water supply." Put in all four???
Is the crim complaint avail online? Anyone? Sorry if I missed a link here on thread.

I'm not entirely sure if she put it in all four. My guess would be she could have dumped or flushed it in the toilet or drain and it would have made its way back through the public water supply eventually. And I've been looking for that criminal complaint but I don't think it's out there for the public just yet. They might have just shown it to reporters so far.

PIPER , JORDAN THOMAS

BN:JN2100426

FACILITY:PV, AGENCY:E

CRIME 1:206FELONYTORTURE $1,050,000

PIPER , LINDSAYMARIE

BN:JN2100427

FACILITY:PV, AGENCY:E

CRIME 1:273A(A)FELONYCHILD CRUELTY: P OS INJ/DTH $1,300,000

El Dorado County February 04, 2021 Arrests | District Attorney

In case anyone is curious about what the arrest log says currently.

Yeah, so if you access some of the early Placerville Police press releases (sorry for not digging up a link), you can read when he was found and the length of time that they waited to release the facts publicly.

As always, media reports can be very misleading as well as people on this forum posting misinformation from social media or where ever. JMO

Thanks fam. It's all good about the link. For context: at the time of typing that we were watching the press conference live, so I just typed up what the chief had said so I wasn't too worried about it being misleading. My post after that links to the presser and has time stamps though.

I'm not entirely sure if she put it in all four. My guess would be she could have dumped or flushed it in the toilet or drain and it would have made its way back through the public water supply eventually. And I've been looking for that criminal complaint but I don't think it's out there for the public just yet. They might have just shown it to reporters so far.
<bbm>

That's right Vae Victus. We checked and checked MSM, I messaged a reporter, as it would normally be out there front and centre by now. I suspect it is not being released due to the ongoing investigation. Nothing worse than having official documentation "out there" if it's going to interfere in any way the work LE may have yet to do.

Having said that, if anyone locates it online via MSM or other WS approved source, please let us know and we will review it.

<bbm>

That's right Vae Victus. We checked and checked MSM, I messaged a reporter, as it would normally be out there front and centre by now. I suspect it is not being released due to the ongoing investigation. Nothing worse than having official documentation "out there" if it's going to interfere in any way the work LE may have yet to do.

Having said that, if anyone locates it online via MSM or other WS approved source, please let us know and we will review it.

Same, friend. I messaged a reporter too and came up with nada. I think I might ask the person who wrote the article I quoted if they were given a possible release time for the criminal complaint. I'll post back here if I get an answer from any of them.

When their hearings are finally scheduled I just wanted to tell people on the thread that the courtroom has live streaming so we can watch, I'm assuming. If you're interested. We just have to see which room they assign the Pipers to, or if they'll split them up, etc.

Superior Court of the County of El Dorado - Online Services - Live Streaming

* Edited to add their El Dorado county info. + case numbers to help you search for them and their current records.
  • PIPER, JORDAN THOMAS P21CRF0062-1 2/3/2021
  • PIPER, LINDSAY MARIE P21CRF0062-2 2/3/2021

Last edited:
Thanks for this link!!

Yeah np. I just saw that they also have the option to do a "telephonic appearance" but there's some stipulations to that.

"Telephonic appearances are not permitted without prior written authorization from the judicial officer handling the case. Parties must file Local Form M-52 Request for Telephonic Appearance at least twelve (12) court days before the hearing. Telephonic appearances authorized by the judicial officer are not given preference on the calendar and the caller is required to remain on the line until their matter is called."

So, they might try to avoid being seen by playing that card too. The chief said that they had court in a few days, so they might be in court before that twelve day window. I guess we'll see lol.

Superior Court of the County of El Dorado - Online Services - Telephonic Appearances

Hey everyone,

“Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.”

Members know that we don’t always address all issues on the public thread. In this case however, Tricia thought it fair to the members that we share a certain amount of detail with regard to why there are currently no Verified members at this time.

WS has verified hundreds of members. It's not that difficult a process. Regardless of whether a person is mentioned in MSM, and regardless of who any individual claims to be, nobody gets Verified at Websleuths until/unless they satisfactorily complete all the requirements of the vetting process that Websleuths has in place.

Verification does not always happen overnight. WS staff spend spent a lot of time ensuring that VIs are not only who say they are, but in certain instances, we also request direct authorization from an identified family member that a VI is in fact authorized to post on the family’s behalf at Websleuths. When our verifier does not receive appropriate documentation when requested, i.e. documentation that is satisfactory to Websleuths as it relates to specific authorizations or identities, the process can either stall or fail.

Only after an individual is Verified are they allowed to post without providing links to what they state as fact. In all other respects, VIs are required to abide by the same TOS as regular members. That includes being respectful, not posting info as fact without approved links, not posting screenshots or documents without approved links, and not thumbing your nose at Websleuths TOS or WS staff. Need we mention that bashing Websleuths or WS staff on social media is not particularly helpful and does not bode well in making the process warm and fuzzy?

All members agree to WS TOS when they join. If a member is disruptive and seems unwilling to post in accordance with WS rules and/or fails to meet WS requirements, they are not allowed to post here.

Posting court documents without links while there is an ongoing investigation can be a disservice to not only Websleuths, but it can be a disservice to family members and to the investigation itself (as some members will recall from past experience). Until such time as Websleuths has proof and is satisfied that legal/court documents are approved for public consumption, they are not allowed to be posted here.

We hope this will help explain to some degree the recent happenings on the thread.

Please do not discuss this post on the thread. WS members may private message me for clarification if necessary, as Tricia is always swamped. As much as she would love to read and respond to every single one of the thousands of messages, she simply does not have time to get back to everyone.

Family members are always welcome to contact Tricia directly at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com.

Last edited:
I didn't see this posted yet. The Pipers were arrested at the Arnold Meadowmont Lodge. The clerk there thinks Jordan Piper could have been to the lodge earlier in the week.

"According to the clerk, a man was caught scoping out and creeping around the hotel. The man reportedly demanded a room for cash, but the lodge only accepts credit cards. The clerk said this man became violent and he had to lock him out of the office."

If you watch the video their truck is still sitting in the parking lot and in thirty days the motel will be donating their belongings to charity.

Father, Stepmother Of Roman Lopez Arrested At Lodge In Rural Calaveras County

I didn't see this posted yet. The Pipers were arrested at the Arnold Meadowmont Lodge. The clerk there thinks Jordan Piper could have been to the lodge earlier in the week.

"According to the clerk, a man was caught scoping out and creeping around the hotel. The man reportedly demanded a room for cash, but the lodge only accepts credit cards. The clerk said this man became violent and he had to lock him out of the office."

If you watch the video their truck is still sitting in the parking lot and in thirty days the motel will be donating their belongings to charity.

Father, Stepmother Of Roman Lopez Arrested At Lodge In Rural Calaveras County
Were they trying to hide?

Father and Step-Mother Arrested in Calaveras County in Connection to the Death of 11-Year-Old Placerville Boy, Roman Lopez
  • Feb 4, 2021 Updated Feb 4, 2021
601c6a2a6f3a0.image.jpg

El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office has filed charges against Jordan Piper (36) and Lindsey Piper (38), including violations of Penal Code Section 273a(a) - Child Abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to produce great bodily injury or death; and Penal Code Section 206 – the crime of Torture. Furthermore, Jordan Piper was charged with a violation of Penal Code Section 270 - Failure to Provide for a Child, and Lindsay Piper was charged with a violation of Penal Code Section 347(a) - the crime of Poisoning.

In a press conference Thursday, February 4, 2021, Placerville Police Department (PPD) announced the arrest of the biological father and step-mother of 11 year-old Roman Lopez.

Jordan Piper, 36, and Lindsey Piper, 38, were taken into custody in Calaveras County and are expected to be transported to Placerville. PPD stated the two had currently been living in an unincorporated area of Calaveras County where the arrest was made. The pair were arrested in connection to Roman’s death and face multiple charges including child abuse, poisoning and torture.

[..]

Roman Anthony Lopez was first reported missing on the morning of January 11, 2020, from his home located at 2892 Coloma Street in Placerville.

[..]

“This is a horrific crime that shocked the community,” said Placerville police Chief Joseph Wren. “The death of a child affects us all. Now it’s time for the perpetrators to face justice.”

Much of this case involved the analysis of forensic evidence, to include obtaining search warrants to seize electronic devices, review data, and working with medical professionals as well as experts in the field of child abuse. Adding to the complexity of this case was how often this family moved and the various agencies they had encountered. The combined investigative team contacted multiple agencies, in another state, including child protective services, medical providers, law enforcement agencies and courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89