CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I reading this correctly? Not only did she poison this sweet boy, but she also placed a poison and harmful substance into a... public water supply? I'm at a loss as to what that means. Did she flush the poison she was using on Roman, into the city sewer system?
If so, could she be charged with domestic terrorism?

It's sad to read they both were on board with denying a child food as punishment. This isn't the first case where that "punishment" became an ongoing type of abuse and torture.

No matter what, a child should always get to eat. This is something I believe in strongly.
Perhaps in a different room, but they must get all of their meals.

Very strange.....and no murder charge. They were both moved from the Calaveras County Jail where they were arrested in Arnold, CA to El Dorado County Jail. These are the charges and bail amounts at this time.

imgur.com Jordan Piper
imgur.com Lindsay Piper

Unfortunately it doesn't list ALL their charges. If you notice on the first one it says first of 5 charges.... anyone seen the complete list of charges for each?

TIA! :)

ADMIN NOTE:

Information stated as fact must be supported by links to MSM or other approved sources. The only members who are exempt from this requirement are members who have been Verified by Websleuths.

As nobody has been approved as a Verified Insider in this discussion, some posts have been removed.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

"“Lindsay Marie Piper willfully and unlawfully mingled a poison and harmful substance with food, drink, medicine and pharmaceutical product and placed a poison and harmful substance in a spring, well, reservoir and public water supply,” according to the criminal complaint filed by the DA." They're also both being held on $1 million bail.
Parents charged with abuse, poisoning in 11-year-old's death
@Vae Victus Thx for your post.
So she put poison in "spring, well, reservoir and public water supply." Put in all four???
Is the crim complaint avail online? Anyone? Sorry if I missed a link here on thread.

Very strange.....and no murder charge. They were both moved from the Calaveras County Jail where they were arrested in Arnold, CA to El Dorado County Jail. These are the charges and bail amounts at this time.

imgur.com Jordan Piper
imgur.com Lindsay Piper
A reporter asked about the lack of murder charges at the press conference and Chief Wren alluded to the DA charged what his office can prove. I think the autopsy was probably inconclusive and they've probably been working on toxicology for more than a year to make these charges.

“We have the evidence that proves the crimes beyond reasonable doubt,” Wren said.

@Vae Victus Thx for your post.
So she put poison in "spring, well, reservoir and public water supply." Put in all four???
Is the crim complaint avail online? Anyone? Sorry if I missed a link here on thread.
I don't think it means she put it in all four. I think it just means the water was potentially contaminated by her actions, whether she poured substances down the sink or deliberately contaminated a well that was used by the family. If they did not have their own well, then anything poured into the sink would potential contaminate the public water supply. Imo

“Lindsay Marie Piper willfully and unlawfully mingled a poison and harmful substance with food, drink, medicine and pharmaceutical product and placed a poison and harmful substance in a spring, well, reservoir and public water supply,” according to the criminal complaint filed by the DA.

Playing catch-up today. Was Lindsey trying to poison everyone in the house, or did only Roman drink tap water, WTH? I also want to know when the last time Roman was seen by a Doctor in California or the other State they lived in previously? Is this Munchhausen by Proxy?

imgur.com Jordan Piper
imgur.com Lindsay Piper
I think no murder charges because they were unable to find a COD? Why do you think that is?

Just catching up reading today. I'm so happy that Roman and his family will hopefully be getting some justice. I thought he was found under some rocks in a neighboring yard. Was suprised to read he was found in the home. I'm really shocked to read poison & torture. Mostly because I thought those things would not be hard to prove, and it's taken so long for the charges to come.
When someone finds any court dates, could you please post them? I'm a county over and I would really like to follow this in court. Thanks.
Justice for Roman

Sacramento Attorney Discusses Why No Murder Charges Were Filed In Death Of 11-Year-Old Roman Lopez

Feb 5, 2021

Police said when Roman’s body was found, he appeared to be malnourished and dehydrated but showed no signs of physical trauma.

Due to the complexity of the case, details regarding the location of Roman’s body weren’t released until more than a year after he went missing and his subsequent death. And it’s that complexity, among other factors, that Sacramento-area Attorney Mark Reichel says may be factoring into there being no murder charges filed against the Pipers.

Reichel said charging the suspects with murder now could lead to the Pipers demanding a speedy trial, and the prosecutors may simply need more time.

“They charge what they can right now. That holds the people,” Reichel said. “That’s going to hold them in jail, and they’re not going to get out on bail because this is the specter hanging over them. It gives them time to figure out what the true cause of death was and whether they can make a murder charge.”

[..]

As of Friday morning, there was still no word on when the Pipers will appear in court.

Some of the charges in the complaints are for alleged crimes dating back to 2018 and may not be directly tied to Roman’s death.

@Niner

ADMIN NOTE:

Information stated as fact must be supported by links to MSM or other approved sources. The only members who are exempt from this requirement are members who have been Verified by Websleuths.

As nobody has been approved as a Verified Insider in this discussion, some posts have been removed.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

Just bringing this forward, FYI.

ADMIN NOTE:

Do not state your opinion as fact. If it is fact, it must have a supporting MSM or LE link; if it is opinion that must be made clear (i.e. I think, I believe, JMO, IMO, etc)

Do not post images or documents without links to the approved source. Posts containing images or screenshots without links will be removed.

There are no Verified members in this discussion. Unless Verified (which will be indicated on their avatar), all members must provide links to substantiate what they state as fact.

We see some members trying to get the scoop. If a member has not been Verified, do not persist in asking them for inside information.

Discussing, challenging, or dissing moderation on the thread is a violation of TOS, and is one violation that can result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Websleuths has its very own Terms of Service (aka The Rules, linked in my signature), its own high standards and policies. Please read The Rules that you all agreed to upon joining Websleuths, and do not ignore Mod or Admin notes or warnings.

Thank you.

My husband is pretty sick to his stomach tonight. It’s all a little to surreal. He use to come home from work saying what a pathological liar Jordan was. I don’t think any one on their crew ever imagined this was going on when he left work. I just feel terrible, like we were 3 degrees removed, but close enough to wish I could have done something.

He was actually a Journeyman Lineman, not an Electrician. As odd as it seems, if you are a member of IBEW it’s not out of the ordinary or suspicious to travel from state to state. We are a family of 5, with three young kids. My eldest is 6 and has “lived” in 7 states (we travel in a motor home with my husband who is also an IBEW Lineman). We’re on the road almost 1o months out of the year. Most of “us” are and we all homeschool because of it. Being a Lineman is great work, but it’s always temporary, you’re constantly on the move, and it always has a level of uncertainty. It’s also impossible for your spouse to have any kind of “normal” job. With that being said, it’s very weird that they would have bought a house. My husband worked with Jordan all summer, and they all knew they were getting laid off around Christmas time.

PD says that they found his body on the same day he was reported missing but they kept it confidential.

Yeah, so if you access some of the early Placerville Police press releases (sorry for not digging up a link), you can read when he was found and the length of time that they waited to release the facts publicly.

As always, media reports can be very misleading as well as people on this forum posting misinformation from social media or where ever. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member