Found Safe CA - Ronald 'Ron' Brown, 62, car located running @ Jack in the Box drive thru, Pasadena, 9 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

hibachai

Reaction score
Ok there's barely anything out there about this man. Here's a brief overview and his NamUs profile:

Ronald 'Ron' Brown has been missing from Pasadena, California, since August 9th, 2021. His car was found in a Jack in the Box drive-thru, still on and running. There has been no activity on Ron's bank accounts since his disappearance.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

ron brown 3.jpg ron brown 2.jpg ron brown.jpg

I'm wondering what time of day his car was found? Seems like that would quickly draw attention from anyone else going through the drive-thru line, if not out of concern than out of frustration having to go around an empty, idling car.
Very strange that it was left running and in the d/t. Was the driver's door open or ajar? I do hope authorities took the car and have or will process it for potential evidence.
Why are there no news reports especially given the strange circumstances of disappearance ?

Last edited:
What the actual heck?

I know, right! Just spoke to the AWARE Foundation and they've made a flyer / post: Log In or Sign Up to View

283477-c2948950335ab613a4c7e0772f6b349a.jpg

Attachments

• Ron AWARE.jpg
    Ron AWARE.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 19
I was thinking maybe it was a carjacking, and the at was dumped there in the wee hours. But, Jack in the Box is 24 hours, so that would seem risky, so probably not..

Since it is 24 hours, and in the drive thru, did the car get up to the place where you give your order? Wonder what employees know. Were the workers at the restaurant the ones to discover the car first?

My oh my! This one is a head scratcher! I'm with you @slowpoke that it may have been a car jacking. But why just leave the car in the drive thru? Did Ronald just decide to get out of the car and walk off? Is he suffering from early onset dementia or Alzheimer's? I sure wish there was more information.

Perhaps he actually was never at the Jack in Box. Someone may have car jacked him or stolen his car when to jack in box and got spooked if the cops drove by and fled. I was car jacked at a McDonalds Drive Thru, they slashed my face I managed to get out of the passengers side, fell on the ground then ran like hell. My car was left there with the doors opened, because they couldn't drive a standard transmission.

Perhaps he actually was never at the Jack in Box. Someone may have car jacked him or stolen his car when to jack in box and got spooked if the cops drove by and fled. I was car jacked at a McDonalds Drive Thru, they slashed my face I managed to get out of the passengers side, fell on the ground then ran like hell. My car was left there with the doors opened, because they couldn't drive a standard transmission.
Oh my gosh @houndpounder !! This must have been terrifying! You may be right. This could be a similar situation. But where is Ron?

I knew Ron about 25 years ago. A friend sent me the FB post today.
Thanks for adding Ron here.
This Jack in the Box is on the eastern side of Pasadena. At night, not the greatest area.
If I hear anything more than has been posted, I will add to the discussion.
Very glad he is in NAMUS.

I knew Ron about 25 years ago. A friend sent me the FB post today.
Thanks for adding Ron here.
This Jack in the Box is on the eastern side of Pasadena. At night, not the greatest area.
If I hear anything more than has been posted, I will add to the discussion.
Very glad he is in NAMUS.

If there is anything you or your friend think we can do to help (being extra voices contacting news outlets), please let us know. I hate that it's almost three weeks later and there is nothing being put out to the community. Need to get press for Ron.

It's actually pretty incredible that Ron is missing this long and we are just hearing about it. The town he lives in only has 10,900 residents.

It is very troubling that friends are only now learning about it.
His NAMUS case was created on August 12 and from what I can tell, there isn't even a social media post by the investigating agency asking for tips and sharing his photo.
Nothing.
What's known is the car left running, no credit card activity and not in hospitals. How does that not indicate suspicious circumstances and a need for public assistance??

That is so frightening. OMG--I never really thought about how trapped you are in a drive thru. wow...

My friend told me about seeing someone jumping in the passenger seat of the car in front of her at a Starbucks drive thru, very early one morning, and she saw the guy jump back out, carrying a purse and running to jump in another car that sped off...

Maybe someone did carjack this guy earlier and just left the car there when they thought someone was looking for the car already?

Sure sound like a abduction from his car, probably to get his wallet with cash and cards. Wonder if there has been any activity on any cards or attempted withdraws with his ATM card?

It is very troubling that friends are only now learning about it.
His NAMUS case was created on August 12 and from what I can tell, there isn't even a social media post by the investigating agency asking for tips and sharing his photo.
Nothing.
What's known is the car left running, no credit card activity and not in hospitals. How does that not indicate suspicious circumstances and a need for public assistance??

Local LE haven't posted, neither have any media. It's all very strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back