CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where has Rose's sister-in-law gone? Is she still participating with WS? Where is Jessie Jr. now? I read that Pose is missing also? Or am I confused? Where are the letters on the Web now as the old links do not work? Is it possible to report her missing now, after all these years, to help get her story out there? As to the cult survivors website...does the site have a contact button...to send Rose's info? Is the info about Rose based soley on family memories of events or have her court documents been reviewed? Sorry, newbie questions...I am full of them!

I spent a good bit of time on the phone with Det. who is handling the UID case.

Originally Posted by Niteowl
Unlike most cold cases involving unidentified victims, Snohomish County sheriff's detectives actually know who killed the young woman whose remains were found about 30 years ago in blackberry brush south of Everett.

The evidence pointed to David M. Roth, then 20, who was convicted of first-degree murder in 1979 and sentenced to prison. Despite Roth's confession to a detective, he swore he never knew the name of the hitchhiker he picked up, then strangled and shot several times after she refused to have sex with him one day in August 1977.

The girl's identity still eludes sheriff's investigators, who Thursday released a new composite sketch of "Jane Doe." They hope someone will recognize their murder victim -- maybe a family member who reported her missing. And they hope to bring both cases some closure.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...tml?source=rss

NOT A MATCH :( or :)

The UID mentioned here had her DNA entered/ran in CODIS in Oct. No matches :( They did compare her to Rose Cole, along with 2 others, (not sure I have spelling correct) Sherry Ann Moser Iacovone and Marie Florence Anjiras.

OT

The det and I talked in length about a new project we are getting ready to roll out with LTWH and he was excited that WS and people are out there searching.

He has 4 John Does and IIRC 2 Jane Does, including this one.....he is going to email me and we will post and see if we can't get some sleuthers involved.

I'm sorry to see Rose's case moved to the archives.

God bless you Rose... wherever you are.

Not sure if anyone will see this now that it is in the archives, but I thought I'd take a shot at asking a couple questions that I haven't seen answers to.

Isabella was able to confirm that the City of Flint paid the Synanon bill. Do we know what time period the bill was paid for?

Is there any link to the letters that still works? The links I found seem to go to a defunct website.

Was the postcard with the Bay Bridge on it postmarked in Oakland or SF?

I was looking into the Michigan statute for destroying juvenile records. I don't understand legal-ese... but maybe someone would like to have a look?

http://courts.co.calhoun.mi.us/quest006.htm

Hi! I was working on one of my other main cases, and was doing a people search. Rose is never far from the back of my mind, so I decided to do a search by her birthdate with the last name Cole. I found something interesting, and wanted to see if anyone is interested in helping me research this more? I know that her mother and brother Pose lived in TX, so do not think this person is too far fetched to be Rose.

BTW, I did not put the first name Rose in, just the last name Cole and her birthdate of Dec 23, 1956, and this is what came up:

SHERMAN, ROSIE  BEE
BEAUMONT, TX
BUNKIE, LA

Associated names:
COLE, ROSIE
SHERMAN, ROSIE E
SHERMAN, ROSE

COLE WELLS, ELIZABETH
EL PASO, TX

Associated names:
COLE, ELIZABETH
WELLS, ELIZABETH COLE

REESE, BARBARA  ANN
MILWAUKEE, WI

Associated names:
COLE, BARBARA ANN

On ancestry.com I found a Rose L Cole living in Kilgore, TX in 1989 (with a birth year of 1957) Was Pose a twin?

As soon as I heard about Jaycee Dugard being found in Antioch, CA at the home of Phillip Garrido and his wife, I immediately thought about Rose. I am going to contact the Antioch PD and tell them about Rose's case. Antioch is just up the road from Oakland.

Garrido's first KNOWN attack was in '76. I doubt that was his first assault. I hope I'm wrong but it's possible that Rose crossed paths with these monsters.

In one of Rose's letters she mentioned that she had met some people that were taking good care of her and they thought she was older than she was.
(Does anyone else remember that? I could be wrong)

Does anyone know why Rose's case was moved to archives, and is there anyway we could reactivate it and take a fresh look at this?

As soon as I heard about Jaycee Dugard being found in Antioch, CA at the home of Phillip Garrido and his wife, I immediately thought about Rose. I am going to contact the Antioch PD and tell them about Rose's case. Antioch is just up the road from Oakland.

Garrido's first KNOWN attack was in '76. I doubt that was his first assault. I hope I'm wrong but it's possible that Rose crossed paths with these monsters.

In one of Rose's letters she mentioned that she had met some people that were taking good care of her and they thought she was older than she was.

No you are right. She did write that. That could be worth looking at.

That is a good idea, do we know where he was in 1973--was he in jail already?

I feel like something is right in front of us and we are just missing it. Is there any runaway groups that would have existed in the 1970's where they would have formed a "home base" for runaways, and would have info about that happened to them?

I have re-read everything that has been posted about Rose and have so many questions. I agree with everyone who said that we need to look at the last known place that she was; Chinatown, San Fran. We also need to find out more about those records in MI if we can---see if her father ever had contact with her again. I am guessing she did try to contact them again. I wonder if Jesse Joseph had a safety deposit box that went to his brother, and his brother never accessed it because he was in CA, not MI. It could hold more letters or paperwork. I also think we need to find Pose, and maybe even some of her natural mothers (Willie Mae) other children to see if she contacted Willie Mae ever again. Was Jesse ever in touch with his mother after Rose disappeared? What exactly happened that Pose wound up in TX. Did Pose move to TX soon after Rose went missing? Both Interested Woman and I found Rose's in TX, and maybe she just went to live there.

I would love to see all the brilliant minds that were working on this before back here for a fresh look, plus any new brilliant minds! :blowkiss:

So as not to bombard "Rose Cole's" who are not our Rose Cole, I will attempt contact with any who look close. I have already received 1 "not me" reply.

There is a Pose Cole on FB. I wonder if it is Jesse and Rose's brother?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym
Back