CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bump.

Anything from the family members or why this thread suddenly died out?

Here is a side by side of Rose and the UID. There is a resemblance, but something is different, I just can't put my finger on it....

Attachments

• Rose compare.pdf
    109.7 KB · Views: 98
No update that I know of. Has anyone else been in touch with the family? I would like to know if they ever found Rose. I really think she is in Texas near Pose.

I've read all the threads and what a sad story this is. I noticed a few people were in contact with Isabel and other family members. Have any of you tried to contact them recently for an update?

Here is a side by side of Rose and the UID. There is a resemblance, but something is different, I just can't put my finger on it....

~

I think there is a very strong resemblance here. The crease curve on the left side of Rose's mouth when she is smiling as a kid is deeper than the one with the denim jacket on.. however she may have filled out some as she got older decreasing that crease...

Her bottom lip to me... is spot on! Her upper lip with the cupid smile to me is also spot on! If there is anyway whatsoever to get in touch with Rose's family or LE in her area who were keeping files, I think this would be of great help to all knowing if she was indeed found or not.. If she was found I find it hard to believe there no one would have let us know about this.

SKick.

Can you add this one (to make 3) to the side-by-side? It's an older full-face shot, clearly shows dark eyebrows, the puffiness under eyes
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/7a07.jpg

Notice in the "unidentified" girl's photo with jean jacket in the side-by-side, there's a cyst-like bump directly below the inner corner of her left eye, and there's a tiny chip in upper right front tooth. These, of course, are subject to change in a short period of time. Could have been a temporary "cyst" and chip in tooth could have been filled. But if these features were there when family last saw her, it could be significant.

I'm undecided. The puffiness under the eyes could be due to allergies or recent crying, or even squinting because of sunlight. Both girls teeth show very well in the pictures. It is hard for me to tell, but it appears as if Roses left (our right) top center tooth covers her right tooth a little bit... I don't see that in the comparison picture.

Other thoughts on the comparison with the teeth?

also the unidentified girl seems to have a really long neck. I haven't noticed that in pictures of Rose.

comparedrose.jpg

Her teeth could be chipped from living homeless on the street or from wear on the teeth if she was doing drugs. This seems like a possible match to me-For all I know??

The necklace in the picture- maybe a family member could take a look at it? It looks like a heart.

I know there is quite a bit of time between the disappearance of Rose and another WS listing for Pre-1960's MP named Ida Dean Richardson-Anderson, but it just seems so odd that both women were involved with the Michigan court system and then mysteriously disappeared. I'm not trying to indicate the cases are related or there is some conspiracy. I just think that two women are missing and both had direct contact with the State of Michigan judicial system immediately prior to their disappearances. Has anyone else heard of any missing Michigan women that had contact with the court system in Michigan from the 1950's through the 1970's?

I mostly lurk & don't post often but the first thought I ever had the first time I saw Rose Cole's case on Doe Network was that she ended up in Jonestown. A girl like her who felt unwanted & unloved would have been a prime target for a group like People's Temple. It would have been a family for her & would have provided food & shelter.

Second thought, she said she was afraid to go to the doctor for her kidney infection so maybe she never went. It's not hard to self-diagnose a kidney infection if you have pain over the kidneys & you're peeing blood. You can actually die from an untreated kidney infection, especially if you are living on the streets or receiving poor care & nutrition. If she was living under a false age (19 as she said) and most likely a false name (for fear of being taken back to Synanon), she could have died & been buried in a pauper's grave under the false name.

This may have been mentioned before, I haven't read a lot of the old posts, but I googled Synanon for more details and found this:

"Children assigned to Synanon began to run away, helped by an "underground railroad" that sought to return them to their parents. "

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Synanon

Hi all,

I'm very new here. Rose and her family are in my thoughts, I hope she's located safe one day.

After all the stuff I've read on Rose Cole here, I'm wondering if her brother Pose Poem Cole has ever been located (I remember reading somewhere that he hadn't been in contact with the rest of the family for years). I am not American and don't know how things actually work over there, but wouldn't it be possible to find him using his Social Security number? With a unique name like his, he'd be pretty easy to find if he had any social network accounts, or if his name turned up in anything that was noted on the internet (conferences, cultural events, etc.). I'm assuming that's not the case, so he might be one of those who value anonymity (I do, and I'm never too pleased when my name is plastered all over google just because I took part in something). If he has changed his name (legally), would he have kept his Social Security number?

How did Rose and Pose get on? Would she have gone to him after she'd escaped from Synanon? Would she have tried to go to any other siblings, maybe her adoptive-brother Billy?

Also, a lot of links in threads one and two are dead (or link to Flickr). Is the page that Rose's sister-in-law set up still active?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions. I think you guys have done some awesome work, and the world needs more people like you.

Have their been any further developments at all in this case? Has anyone from the family been in touch in the recent past? Just wondering if she has been found but does not want contact with her family?

Have their been any further developments at all in this case? Has anyone from the family been in touch in the recent past? Just wondering if she has been found but does not want contact with her family?

I've been wondering the same thing for awhile. While new read this thread and connected threads back to back. Noticed that not alot has been going on on this missing person for quite awhile. Check it occasionaly and the same thing you see, nothing. Found it odd that a family member that posted frequently hasn't posted in a long while (two years at least). I would love to see an update, however brief it was so I would know this person is no longer missing. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mushiesmum
Back