CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since Rose's family no longer comes here, we do not know whether to search for Rose or not.

The family must have found information that they are not willing to share (shame embarrassment). Without their input and their sudden withdrawal from the case it seems impossible to do any further searching.... Sorry, I hate to be a downer.
I'd still love to know what happened, such a sad story.

Can someone tell me who I need to contact to find out if this case was ever solved? Where do I need to call? Michigan or California? I do not think that just because a family member stopped posting that they found Rose. But it seems to be a factor here because no one posts anymore in the forum. I think that if she had been found, the family would have notified LE, right? or vice versa? Will someone please suggest whom I need to contact with regards to the inquiry. Thanks.

Another thought is that maybe LE told the family member not to discuss the case any longer in the forums here, for the benefit of the case, but who knows. If that were the case, then we should be respectful of that and still work on our own. I still think that the case is active and open, so we should start brainstorming again.

About one month ago, I received a response to an old Email I had sent to Rose's sister-in-law, Yannette Cole. She stated that Rose had not been found and there were no recent leads. I've Emailed back asking for more info to bring this thread back up to date, but I don't know if there is any more info other than what has already been posted. If I get another response, I'll post it.

I'm not sure if this case is still open. My mother was Jesse Cole's 3rd wife. I can tell you from talking to my mother about these forums and talking to my mother, she recalls that Rose called during the time that they were married 1979-1982 and told him that she had been on the streets for a year and she wanted to come home. Jesse told her that she had been on the streets for a year and she could just keep on going. He did not have much interest in his children.

I'm not sure if this case is still open. My mother was Jesse Cole's 3rd wife. I can tell you from talking to my mother about these forums and talking to my mother, she recalls that Rose called during the time that they were married 1979-1982 and told him that she had been on the streets for a year and she wanted to come home. Jesse told her that she had been on the streets for a year and she could just keep on going. He did not have much interest in his children.

Thank you for posting, how horribly sad Rose was told to keep on going. She must have been in her early 20's at that time. Dollars to donuts she's out there living her life.

Bless you Rose!

Thanks so much for the post! I used to follow this case and assumed it died down due to lack of interest. I'm very glad it got bumped up again.

All I can say is what a jerk! What kind of father does that!
I sure hope that Rose was able to get some help and overcome. She really deserved more than she got from the adults and her so called family in her life. She and every child deserves so much better. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=7205120

Thanks so much for the post! I used to follow this case and assumed it died down due to lack of interest. I'm very glad it got bumped up again.

All I can say is what a jerk! What kind of father does that!
I sure hope that Rose was able to get some help and overcome. She really deserved more than she got from the adults and her so called family in her life. She and every child deserves so much better. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=7205120

The same kind of father who lets his daughter be sent to a place like Synanon to begin with. That was one of the things that I could never find an answer to. I cannot understand a court system sending a juvenile half way across the country to a treatment/detention facility. I have been in LE my whole adult life and have never seen someone sent across state lines unless of course they were being extradited. That was not the case with Rose.
I was involved in Rose's case from the beginning and to be honest, I don't think that anyone lost interest we just hit a dead end. I think we followed every angle and really never had much info to begin with.
Someone asked about the Uncle, I actually spoke to him a couple of years ago. He was definitely not interested in discussing Rose. It was a strange conversation to say the least. A poster mentioned the "underground railroad". I spoke with a lady who worked at the newspaper located in the same town(sorry my details are fuzzy) she new a lot about Synanon but we did not gain any info from her reference the underground railroad.
I have not been active at WS's for a long time until recently but I would always check in on a few cases. I do not think that the family located Rose. They were to appreciative of the time, energy & concern of the WS members to just leave us hanging.
Do I think that Rose is out there somewhere living her life? I would like to think so but I just don't know....:waitasec:

It took me all day (off-and-on) to read both threads...

I feel so sad for Rose... Her mom walks out on her & her brothers, her father is abusive (per family & friends) & her self esteme seems to have been totally lacking. When Claire's mother stated that Rose was terrified of Claire's father it made me wonder what this poor girl had been subjected to...

No-one seems to have wanted this poor girl... It seems like the father took the 1st chance he got to ship her off and forget about her... Then she writes these sad letters home, just BEGGING for ANYONE to tell her that she is loved & I am sure she never got a single response.

She falls of the face of the earth & it takes over 30 years for ANYONE to notice???

I hope that Rose managed to pull herself through and has made a nice life for herself.

I remember reading that when the Cole kids went to visit their mother in Texas, Willie Mae's husband tried to molest or rape her & Pose took to sleeping in her room to protect her... Maybe (and this in MOO) Rose found Pose and seeing that she had successfully made her way AWAY from their family, he got the courage to cut himself off from them, too...

I am sure that there are good members of the Cole family, but If I were Rose I would have ZERO interest in reuniting with people who might bring back all those terrible memories. Rose may also feel like everyone turned their backs on her...

God only knows what her father may have said to her after he recieved her letters... He may have contacted her & told her that everyone hated her & never wanted to see her again... He seems like just the kind of person to do such a thing...

If Rose is out there somewhere she probably wants nothing to do with her family if LE does find her. I wouldn't if my father told me to keep living on the streets.
I would like to hope she is OK and somehow made a good life for herself, but wouldn't she have turned up somehow? Employment records, drivers license, social security, something?
If she was living on the streets, how do you make a living like that? Homeless shelters? Prostitution? None of which makes a good case for her being alive & in good health today. Somebody else living on the streets or a "john" may have killed her long ago. I hope not.
So sad.

I'm not sure if the family could ever locate a SS# for Rose... I hope that just picked a new name, went to the Social Security office & got a number issued to her. I mean, in the 70's it was not near as hard to have a new number issued. She could have gotten a new birth certificate by going to the county clerk & saying that she never had one, ie she was a homebirth and it was just never recorded.

I totally agree that if my father had shipped me off and then told me to bugger off when I needed help; I would wash my hands of him & possibly the whole lot.

I TRULY hope that she started a new life and just doesn't want to be "found". I know how she feels... I know it's not the same, but I am an adoptee. I have an AMAZING family who raised me & I love my life. I have never wanted to be "found". But, my biological mother came poking around & did everything in her power to try to wiggle herself into my life all to make HER feel better about the choices she made & everyone else be darned.

EVERYONE failed this poor girl... I PRAY that she is somewhere living a good life.

I so much hope she is alive & well too. I hope she found people who really loved her, had a husband & kids, made a great life. The thought of her trying to survive on the streets & potential past drug use really concerns me that something bad happened to her. If she was on the streets for a year after she left Synanon then I feel its even less likely Synanon did anything to her.

I don't understand folks who won't move heaven & earth to help their kids. Who could sleep at night knowing their kid was sick & on the streets?

Morning Star Ranch - Sonoma CA North of San Francisco.

Morningstar Commune, (Morning Star Ranch, The Digger Farm), was an active open land counterculture commune in (Occidental) Sebastopol near San Francisco. Morningstar was part of the historical changing society of young adults in the 1960's that traveled back and forth between the Haight-Ashbury and Sebastopol.
Lou Gottlieb After a brief stint reviewing concerts for the "San Francisco Chronicle," moved to Morning Star Ranch , his 30-acre ranch in Sonoma County, in 1966.
Much much more at link. Is is possible she went to this ranch? I am adding the link for those who love researching as I have not had time to fully read this website.

http://laurelrose.com/MORN/home.html

Bumping this to see if anyone has heard anything new in this old case.

i used to follow this case years ago but stopped for some reason i hope someday she is found.

some missing are found years later alive and well and even if they hated or left because of family that they would contact le and say hey i am alive and well and wish my family to know but i want nothing to do with them.

if only rose would do that call le say i am alive and well living in this state i wish my family to know that i am well but i want nothing to do with them these are my wishes.

I have just spent the last 3 days on and off reading this entire case.

I really thought when I got to the end there would have been some resolution, so sad it has just stopped.

I see everyone worked so hard on this case following up leads.

I see from the The OrrFamily post that she was last in touch with her Dad 1979-1982 so that makes it even more like she is around somewhere.

My thoughts are Pose and/or Ruth is where we might find some answers, heres hoping one day.....

Candlegirl, I also just spent the last couple of days reading this thread and also had hoped that something had been resolved.
Such a sad story.

Not only do I want to find out what happened to Rose.....but now I'm wondering about IsabelaPR and why she abruptly quit posting. Hope she is ok.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back