CA - Roseville Parents Charged in the death of their 9yo adopted son Cyrus Blakley, Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mickey2942

Reaction score

It is getting to the point, where I think that the deaths of adopted children need to be collected in one place, to see what went wrong with placing children in homes where they were abused, tortured and killed.

The fact that there are SO many is an issue. I wonder if anyone is really looking at this?!

the criminal complaint found at the press release located on the Placer County gov website.

Ciampa also said the boy’s siblings were in protective custody as the homicide investigation continues. The six misdemeanor child endangerment charges filed against the parents list a different child for each charge, including 13-year-old “C.B.,” 12-year-old “K.B.,” 11-year-old “B.B.,” 8-year-old “K.B.,” 7-year-old “M.B.” and 6-year-old “C.B.” Placer County District Attorney Morgan Gire declined to say whether the children listed as victims in the child endangerment charges are the 9-year-old boy’s siblings. He did say those misdemeanor charges stem from separate alleged incidents of abuse.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article285265597.html

Kimberly Blakley and her husband Cory Blakley are facing murder and torture charges along with a count of child endangerment for each of their seven children ages 6 to 13. Two of the children are the Blakley’s the other five are adopted.
[snip]
The DA's office says if Cory refuses to appear again next week, they're prepared to forcibly bring him out of the cell. They would prefer he appear in court voluntarily Feb. 16.
Roseville parents accused of killing adopted 9-year-old son face murder, torture and more charges

Roseville parents charged with murder of 9-year-old son, endangering 6 other children

How on earth were these losers allowed to adopt not one but FIVE vulnerable little ones?

Interesting similarities to the case of Orrin and Orson West. Adopted children in California. This family had FIVE adopted children.

During the West trial we reviewed the charts for financial assistance to adopt children with special needs in California, the premise of this, is to not create a barrier for low income families to adopt a high need child. But, in the West family, they had four children placed with them from CPS. This family has five children...it seems excessive. We don't know the details of the children, but it would be interesting to know how many families in California have adopted large numbers of children.

Similar, to the family who drove their car, with the adopted children in the car, over a cliff...they had SIX adopted children.

These stories illustrate that there is a definite problem with the adoption process...

1708194431391.jpeg
The Sacramento Bee and other news outlets received statements Thursday and Friday from the accused father’s parents. They said a celebration of life ceremony was scheduled for their adopted grandson early next month at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints’ temple in Rancho Cordova.

“As we attempt to cope with the loss of our precious nine-year-old grandson ‘C.B.’, we wanted to take time to thank everyone who has joined us in our efforts to move forward in a meaningful manner on his behalf, as well as C.B.’s six sweet siblings who, like us, miss him immensely,” the grandparents said in the statement.

An emailed statement with details about the boy’s planned celebration of life ceremony identified him as Cyrus Blakley.

“It is the kindness and love of this amazing community that is allowing us to cope and remain clearly focused on the welfare of Cyrus’s sweet siblings,” they said.

“This is not a one family or a one child issue; it is a community wide collective opportunity for us to learn and to grow and to do better and be there for one another and for these kids,” said Moore. “You want to run and grab those kids and take them into your arms and say, 'I am here.' It is so sad."
Moore said she has made her interest known to Placer County; she would be available to adopt the three biological siblings of the 9-year-old boy who died.
bless miss moore... a hero amongst the tragedy

ABC10 learned the nine-year-old is one of the couple’s seven children; five of them were adopted and two are biological. The nine-year-old also has three biological siblings.

The lights were on at the Blakley’s tan, two-story home on New England Drive, but no one was home.
“I’m in shock,” said Brit Armstrong, who lives a few houses down from the family.

The situation hits close to home for her as a parent to two boys.
“We adopted them, so it kind of hits close to home because of the similarities of our households,” said Armstrong.

She’s familiar with the adoption process and said agents from Placer County’s System of Care check in on adoptive families weekly during the process.

“I believe when they were going through the adoption process, we did see the kids a lot more. It’s once they were adopted that they became more secluded,” said Armstrong.
A next-door neighbor who didn’t want to be on camera told ABC10 she previously called police to report the family because she heard a lot of yelling coming from the home.

counts listed in court paperwork at link - uses feb 2, 2024 as citing incident of abuse for all charges regarding all victims which is interesting to me. i know that's when the incident with CB occurred where an ambulance came etc.

Prosecutors are alleging the parents’ abuse caused the boy to become comatose due to brain injury and to suffer paralysis, according to a filed criminal complaint.

Cory Blakley’s parents, Timothy and Ramona Blakley, attended Friday’s arraignment hearing, but they declined to to speak to news reporters as they left the courthouse. Ramona Blakley in December 2021 created an online page to raise money for her son’s family. The grandmother wrote at the time that her son and his wife had two biological children, they “did surrogacy” for those children and that they had adopted one foster child and were adopting four more to keep the siblings together. She wrote in the online fundraising page that her son and his wife now had a family of seven children, and they needed a van big enough so they could travel together in one vehicle. “Everyone doesn’t have the heart to help even one foster child,” the grandmother wrote in 2021. “My son and daughter-in-law have room in their hearts (just not in their car)!"

Last edited:
Is it known if the parents belonged to the LDS church as well? The large family is a point toward yes, but on shallow judgements they don’t, uh, look like Mormons? Sure to some extent that’s a stereotype and it’s hard to judge people based on their mugshots, but IME active members of the church always look very “put together,” if you will.

I’m also struck by the quick murder charges for a crime that appears to not have been covered up at all. Emergency services were called quickly enough that CB was alive and taken to a hospital, but all of the charges require intent to harm.

the criminal complaint found at the press release located on the Placer County gov website.

Ciampa also said the boy’s siblings were in protective custody as the homicide investigation continues. The six misdemeanor child endangerment charges filed against the parents list a different child for each charge, including 13-year-old “C.B.,” 12-year-old “K.B.,” 11-year-old “B.B.,” 8-year-old “K.B.,” 7-year-old “M.B.” and 6-year-old “C.B.” Placer County District Attorney Morgan Gire declined to say whether the children listed as victims in the child endangerment charges are the 9-year-old boy’s siblings. He did say those misdemeanor charges stem from separate alleged incidents of abuse.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article285265597.html

Kimberly Blakley and her husband Cory Blakley are facing murder and torture charges along with a count of child endangerment for each of their seven children ages 6 to 13. Two of the children are the Blakley’s the other five are adopted.
[snip]
The DA's office says if Cory refuses to appear again next week, they're prepared to forcibly bring him out of the cell. They would prefer he appear in court voluntarily Feb. 16.
Roseville parents accused of killing adopted 9-year-old son face murder, torture and more charges

Roseville parents charged with murder of 9-year-old son, endangering 6 other children

How on earth were these losers allowed to adopt not one but FIVE vulnerable little ones?
Taze him and drag him out of his cell. I’m sick of these criminals getting to run the show.

I’m also struck by the quick murder charges for a crime that appears to not have been covered up at all. Emergency services were called quickly enough that CB was alive and taken to a hospital, but all of the charges require intent to harm.

There are different types of murder. It sounds like he was gravely harmed over a period of time. We'll see...

There are different types of murder. It sounds like he was gravely harmed over a period of time. We'll see...
I think there was likely ongoing abuse, but the complaint specifies “malice aforethought” which IMO at least implies their actions could, even without murderous intent, be reasonably understood to possibly result in death. They are accused of intentionally and maliciously harming CB, but they still called emergency services in a somewhat timely manner.

I think there was likely ongoing abuse, but the complaint specifies “malice aforethought” which IMO at least implies their actions could, even without murderous intent, be reasonably understood to possibly result in death. They are accused of intentionally and maliciously harming CB, but they still called emergency services in a somewhat timely manner.

I am always dumbfounded by these abusers taking their victims in for Healthcare, after they abused them. Do they think children are like toys, that were broken, and can just be patched up? There must be some sort of disassociation or cognitive dissonance going on in their heads, as they don't seem to process the consequences of their actions.

I will never forget the grandmother who called the police to take her dead grandson out of the house, like he was a piece of trash or something. She had so completely dehumanized him in her head, she didn't even think about the consequences of the police coming into her home, with blood spatters on the wall, to take out her dead grandson. (She is in jail forever now). RIP James Alex Hurley.

The body fights to stay alive, so abuse could have happened for a lengthy period. We don't know how long he hung on, or why 911 was called.

I can imagine abusers having malice aforethought to do terrible things that will surely cause grave harm, thinking they are "teaching a lesson" and not really caring what happens to their victim. But long after they are finished, calling 911 because they realize they may actually have fatally injured the victim and they panico. Or perhaps there was an unexpected witness, such as another child, who saw enough that they decide they have to begrudgingly call 911.

All JMO. I trust they have been/will be correctly charged.

There are many good hearted people who adopt children. There are also evil people who adopt children. Jim Jones, Jerry Sandusky, Lori Drew, John and Katherine Snyder, Jennifer and Sara Hart, and Carri and Larry Williams come to mind.

Last edited:
Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Ow, who also is prosecuting the case against the Blakleys, argued in court that Cyrus’ father clearly didn’t participate in the boy’s beating, but Cory Blakley was present for the entire — or most of the — beating.

“If he didn’t see it all, he heard it, just like we could see in all the videos from various positions in the house,” Ow told the judge. “I don’t know what’s worse, watching it or hearing it. You can hear the child gasping for air. You can hear the force of the strikes being inflicted on him.”

The prosecutor said the audio also documented the number of times Cyrus was hit as the boy apologized to his mom.

“You can hear (the) mother taunting him, and you can watch dad as he putters around in the kitchen drinking his soda, talking to his kids about turning off and on the lights,” Ow said in court.

She argued that Cory Blakley was laughing at videos that his wife was apparently watching as she allegedly sat on the boy on the living room couch. Ow told the judge that the father failed to perform his legal duty as a parent in conscious disregard for his son’s life, even closing a window near the couch as the boy yelled for help that could’ve alerted a neighbor to potentially help the child or call police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back