CA-Sandra Cantu, 8 missing 3/27/09 from Tracy,#1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 days. FIVE DAYS it took them to decide that it was a "possible" abduction. :mad: Not wanting to get banned on my 2nd day here, I will refrain from typing what I'm thinking... :mad:

I don't want to hear this :( I missed the presser. Main tv is on the blink and I forget to turn on the one in the back room.

I was feeling so confident that LE was really on to something and Sandra would be back by now! Dang it! (salem stomps feet)

I want her to come home.

Is it me - or does it appear that these cases are getting harder to solve? Are the criminals getting smarter? I know LE is with all the technology and training they go through, so what is going on? So many missing and no clues?

Salem

I think also criminals are getting smarter about their rights. Like they now know they can say no to a search of their house/property without a warrant and stuff like that...

Has anyone heard of any volunteer search efforts? I've been scanning the news. I'm close enough to drive. I can't believe they just dilly dallied on bringing dogs, searching the area and issuing Amber alert. Seems like they should do those things instantly.

Just to clarify, an AMBER Alert has NOT been issued for Sandra. It is a CANS Missing Endangered Alert...which is the next best thing. But it's still not an AMBER Alert. ETA: An AMBER Alert is extremely unlikely at this point because it has already been a few days.

Adji Desir and Sandra Cantu

March 31, 2009 by MCA

Reminiscent of the disappearance of Adji Desir earlier this year, Sandra Cantu is missing from her Tracy, Ca. home. An Immokalee, Fl. 6-year-old, Adji vanished from his grandmother’s Farm Worker Village home on Jan. 10. He was last seen walking away after playing with other children. An AMBER Alert wasn’t issued because Florida authorities believed there were no signs of an abduction. He remains missing.

In the disappearance of Sandra, she was last seen after playing with a friend. An AMBER Alert wasn’t issued as it is not beleived by authorities that an abduction has taken place.

http://missingchild.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/3369/

I keep going back to the five or so minutes she was in the house just before disappearing, but wasn't heard by her mom. Bear with me here as I run a possible scenario and show me if it's illogical.

Sandra wanted to go to a movie with her siblings but they didn't have enough money. (I read somewhere that was what happened before she went to her friend's house, so if that isn't really true, this scenario doesn't work.) Sandra is very disappointed she can't go to the movie and goes to her friend's house, thinking that might be fun. However, she just can't get into coloring with a five year old (if I remember her age correctly) and decides to go do something more fun and gives the excuse of leaving to do homework. After leaving her friend's house, she encounters THE KIDNAPPER who asks whey Sandra looks so sad. She tells about not having enough money to go to the movie and she is bored and disappointed, and THE KIDNAPPER says he will take her to the movie and pay, but they must keep it a secret so she doesn't get in trouble. (He might have to play on her emotions to get her to cooperate at first, but it isn't difficult to convince a disappointed child that her mom is mean for not paying, etc.) Sandra is excited but says she has to sneak back into house first to (get a coat, cell phone, or ???). She sneaks in so quietly her mom doesn't even know she's in the house. (Her mom could have been cleaning while listening to the radio, or sitting in the back bedroom, with the TV on, while engrossed in the computer - like I am right now!!) Sandra leaves to meet THE KIDNAPPER (which accounts for some people saying the video looked like she "saw something" after she left the house and then walked toward it). THE KIDNAPPER tells Sandra to lie down in the back of the vehicle and cover with a blanket so no one sees they are leaving the mobile home park and go to the movie.

I probably have some of the fact wrong, but I'm wondering if this scenario - or something close to it - looks possible, or even probable. I can't count the times I did things like this when I was a child. Granted, it didn't start until I was 11 or 12, but kids start everything earlier these days.

I hope and pray this is wrong, and she's just hiding in a friend's closet - but I don't think that's likely. :-(

Nora - your theory does sound plausible. It is my understanding there is a video at the entrance to the mobile home park. So if this happened, they just need to check every car that left the park after 4:00 p.m. that day. I could be wrong about the video camera though, because LE has said they have reviewed the tape from Sandra's house, the motels and businesses on the road, but not a word about reviewing any tape at the entrance to the park? So I don't know......

Salem

Yeah, it gets confusing trying to figure out which tape they are talking about at times!

Thank God!! Narrowing down is good...hoping that means Sandra will found today and safely at home with her mother tonight!

HLN is doing a report on Sandra.

Asked the guy who kissed her why he did it -- "To be nice."
The police have confiscated some CD's with pictures from him. No other news on the pictures.

Volunteers are searching the garbage as it comes in to the tranfer station every day.

Father interviewed at the police station this morning. Press knows little about him.

LE says everybody has been cooperative, even the people with search warrants against them.

Searchers have searched "the entire city of Tracy." Many volunteers have come out.

That's it. Not much.

Interviewed the man who kissed her on the lips 2 years ago. Frank Wohler say's I kissed her just to be nice.

5 days. FIVE DAYS it took them to decide that it was a "possible" abduction. :mad: Not wanting to get banned on my 2nd day here, I will refrain from typing what I'm thinking... :mad:

I hear you. I guess they finally figured out she didn't run away....

And welcome to WS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member