CA-Sandra Cantu, 8 missing 3/27/09 from Tracy,#1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me with just what does abduction mean? In terms of these cases? I don't get it... why is this not an abduction and also Adji's not one. This is crazy, if they wandered off than so be it, it was called an abduction and it turned out not to be.. so what? grrrrrr :behindbar I just don't get it.

Who is this guy and does anyone know what happened and why he was arrested and released? Wonder what he did? I've seen conflicting stories.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6738066

The one guy is the one that kissed her, but I don't know about this other guy? TIA to those that know more about Sandra's circumstances than I do.

Chris Sinclair? He lives in the same mobile home park with his parents. He verbally harrassed LE when they went to search his home. LE arrested, fingerprinted and released him...but not before removing items to be tested and two of the cars from that residence.

can anyone school a blonde nurse on what the difference between an endangered missing CANS (code amber news service) amber alert and an actual amber alert is??? Haleigh Cummings has the same kind and they call that one an, "amber alert" LOL...thanks in advance.... my brain hurts from helping my ten year old with his MATH (amazing what kind of math they do at that age now!!!!)

Can someone help me with just what does abduction mean? In terms of these cases? I don't get it... why is this not an abduction and also Adji's not one. This is crazy, if they wandered off than so be it, it was called an abduction and it turned out not to be.. so what? grrrrrr :behindbar I just don't get it.
dude, I don't know! I think some big hairy dude has to actually be stuffing the child in his car! ((aside...I think they need physical evidence...that is what is making me wonder why today at noon.....when some of the evidence should have been processed...that missing endangered amber alert was issued)):eek::confused::eek:

mew,
also.......that is really making me wonder now! Why doesn't adji have a missing endangered alert because of his age and mental status... nurse thinks they have some of the evidence back to meet the criteria.....

Volunteers and police have been searching the Tracy waste facility today for evidence in the case of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, missing since Friday.
Police did not have any significant developments in the case to report at a press conference held this morning. Another update is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. this afternoon.
Officials said they wanted to search the dump, on South MacArthur Drive, for information about the case.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12047807

also...don't forget at 3:30 pacific (in like 20 min) there is to be another presser

A search on the Megan's Law database shows that there are 12 registered sex offenders living within a mile of where Sandra Cantu disappeared. Of those 12, eight were arrested on charges of lewd acts with a child, three were found guilty of forcible rape and one had contact with a minor with intent to commit a sexual offense.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Tips-Pour-In-For-Missing-Tracy-Girl-.html

I don't know what a CANS is, but I've heard more than once about an Amber Alert. It is supposedly issued only if there is something concrete to report about who took her - like a car description, sketch of kidnapper, etc. Basically a "Look for..." and if that doesn't exist, they don't issue an Amber Alert. I'm not sure if a parental abduction qualifies; I've heard people say it does include that, but others say it doesn't. I personally don't recall hearing it before when it was suspected to be a parent. I have NO idea why they would issue a CANS (for Haleigh) but call it an Amber Alert. That just adds to our confusion!

I think ALL missing children deserve an Amber Alert! Give whatever description you have, if anything, and let the public know ASAP!! (My family knows if we ever have a missing person, someone will be designated the WS contact immediately. This website is amazing!)

Where can I find this presser on t.v. I live in cali.
Oops.. shoulda looked at the post above mine. thx!
Can you do a brief summary of the presser. It's asking me to download something to watch it and I'm leary of that-my computer gets too many viruses

They just did a sound check, so it should be starting soon.

Per the presser...Daniel Cantu was still in Tracy this afternoon.

I don't know what a CANS is, but I've heard more than once about an Amber Alert. It is supposedly issued only if there is something concrete to report about who took her - like a car description, sketch of kidnapper, etc. Basically a "Look for..." and if that doesn't exist, they don't issue an Amber Alert. I'm not sure if a parental abduction qualifies; I've heard people say it does include that, but others say it doesn't. I personally don't recall hearing it before when it was suspected to be a parent. I have NO idea why they would issue a CANS (for Haleigh) but call it an Amber Alert. That just adds to our confusion!

I think ALL missing children deserve an Amber Alert! Give whatever description you have, if anything, and let the public know ASAP!! (My family knows if we ever have a missing person, someone will be designated the WS contact immediately. This website is amazing!)

The Feds have guidelines as to when to issue an Amber Alert. They are involved because the child has to be entered in NCIC. (National Crime Information Center) However, each state have their own set of guideline on when to issue an Amber alert and there-in lies the problem! Some if not most states will issue an Amber Alert even if a custodial or non-custodial parent is involved. The biggest difference with an Amber Alert is that it is sent to LE agencies within a certain radius or nationwide. The decesion is made by the issuing agency.

Presser Notes:

1. Daniel Cantu: father to missing child. Dad was dropped off at police station early in the morning. He is talking with LE and following the case quite closely.
2. Going through landfill as garbage comes in - looking at all alternatives
3. Over 500 leads have come in
4. Feels that progress is being made - no resources being redirected - more resources being added
5. Encourage anyone to call in tips
6. Keeping tabs on everybody
7. Broad scope on garbage sifting - started beginning of week
8. House in Mexico - not sure if it has been searched
9. Runaway? At age 8 it is unusual - all options are being kept open right now
10. Video - there is evidentary value on the video and it is not being released
11. Something happened 2 years ago - complaints that were filed - going to be reviewed
12. At friends house - no indication from there that she was leaving the area
13. There were 2 people of interest - nobody is being ruled out
14. FBI is present - all areas of FBI are assisting
15. Flyers going to fire dept for distribution

Ouch - I just lost connection to the presser. Hopefully I have heard this info correctly.

If LE is searching a dump, they are looking for something specific.

can anyone school a blonde nurse on what the difference between an endangered missing CANS (code amber news service) amber alert and an actual amber alert is??? Haleigh Cummings has the same kind and they call that one an, "amber alert" LOL...thanks in advance.... my brain hurts from helping my ten year old with his MATH (amazing what kind of math they do at that age now!!!!)

The AMBER Alert is an official "abduction" alert. The CANS Alert doesn't necessarily mean they believe there was an abduction, just that there is a missing child they believe to be in danger. It is useful when the child may not meet the AMBER Alert criteria (no "evidence" of an abduction), but they still want to get the word out.

They did the same thing with Adji Desir.

Haleigh's was weird, because at one point there was or still is an official "AMBER Alert" out for her. They just also have the CANS going for her too.

If LE is searching a dump, they are looking for something specific.

Agreed - wonder what it is as they have stated that they have nothing to indicate that she is not alive.

Agreed - wonder what it is as they have stated that they have nothing to indicate that she is not alive.

IDK, LE's statements are more confusing than anything. I wonder if some evidence has come back from the labs and that prompted a dumpster search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member