DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From news conference
Garbage sifting will continue
Current reward $9,000 expected to be higher
Up to 569 leads
LE hopes to have a video of Sandra released this afternoon
Father is schedule to talk to detectives can't confirm if he will be given a poly
LE feels they are getting close but will not rule anything out
LE is looking back at police report regarding the kissing incident
Search done in Oakdale yesterday but no info released

more resources then normal for an 8-year-old? What are the normal resources for a missing 8-year old child?

For those who were asking about volunteers, they are still taking volunteers at the Fire Admin building today. (835 Central Ave.)

Bringing in more resources
Until something changes and it's proven that she is not alive, we're still upbeat, tired and frustrated but upbeat and hope for a conclusion to this case soon.
Will not get into specifics about leads but feels confident the leads are great, good quality leads but they may not pan out.
Urges public to call with any leads.

I read that a dog alerted near the river. Interesting. The father is being questioned again?

It usually doesn't stop there? Really? My dad kisses my kids on the lips, should I be concerned? Or is it only if it is a blood relative that makes it okay? What other evidence or interviews have you seen that make you believe that this man has ever harmed a child, besides this pool incident?

Even if it was a women kissing my daughter or son on the lips I would go nuts. A stranger should never touch let alone kiss a child. Totally inappropriate. I have a six year old son and if a stranger ever kissed him I would have a few words with that individual, and I would have a report made of the incident.

It usually doesn't stop there? Really? My dad kisses my kids on the lips, should I be concerned? Or is it only if it is a blood relative that makes it okay? What other evidence or interviews have you seen that make you believe that this man has ever harmed a child, besides this pool incident?
if I were you, I'd be very concerned about my dad. A blood relative never makes it okay, ever heard of incest?????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Father says "Don't believe everything you hear, especially from an unreliable source."

Interesting who does he think is an unreliable source? I am curious to know the relationship between Sandra her dad and her dad and mother's family.

He came to the scene pretty fast. Maybe he has some info against the mother and LE is thinking he is right?

www.ci.tracy.ca.us/twitter for live updates

-today's activities boat/water search...no divers planned, on the old river on the delta from 10-3; not because of leads...covering bases

-garbage will continue thru sat; searching all of Tracy resident's trash. covering all bases...cannot go back and search trash after the fact

-reward is 9k.. this afternoon at next presser may increase significantly as they are totalling the new donations. to donate you may do so via sun carrington foundation 888-813-8389, or crime stoppers 209-831-69(8?)47
cannot read my own writing lol

-569 leads as of right now... not all are open yet...working thru them

-this afternoon they will release a video of sandra at home....NOT the cc video...no idea when that will be released

-no dogs at landfill

-dad is scheduled to come in....asked by le... have some more questions on things they want to clear up...was he poly's who was poly'd...le won't discuss

-kiss incident... once again will review the complaint after investigation over

-yes another search was done in oakdale yesterday (one reporter said, "why did you search Sinclair's cousin's house so I guess that explains the relationship to sinclair)

-mark klaas critical of how long it took to release info on sandra...le defends themselves saying they were caught up in the investigation...sent fax out at 0243... said they did more than what was normal for an eight year old who could have wandered off playing with friends (yes that is what he said) and that because it was dark and she had no history of running away they immediately went door to door and had blood hounds and helicopter

-wont give specifics on leads....they have even listened to psychic leads

-yes le is tired and frustrated but they are optimistic... are they any closer? YES they are onto things...several things leading in the the right direction. They won't rule anything out until they have the complete story (yes he really said that)

-no searches in mexico unless mexican consulate is doing it and le not aware of that

-no sws planned for today... why sws served on these people? le says that had enough probable cause for judge to sign the warrant. they had two names on the search warrant and two more were added:waitasec: the reason they were searched is because thought the people could be connected to the case.

-why was sinclair arrested...he was getting in the way while they were trying to serve the search warrant...he is a poi...everyone is a poi

-why did you search COUSIN'S HOUSE IN OAKDALE...not going to talk about that

-were all locations related to wohler? cannot talk about that

-why did you get the search warrants? cannot get into that

-three thirty is next presser

-ETA: he said there were FOUR mobile homes searched, one business, one oakdale home, four cars two names on the sw....two more were added

sorry if you guys could follow that...... eta....I mean I hope you guys could follow that and sorry if it sucked.... I was trying to type too fast

Even if it was a women kissing my daughter or son on the lips I would go nuts. A stranger should never touch let alone kiss a child. Totally inappropriate. I have a six year old son and if a stranger ever kissed him I would have a few words with that individual, and I would have a report made of the incident.

I think it is important NOT to confuse your children. If kissing an adult on the mouth is inappropriate and an alert for them that it is wrong touching - then it needs to be applied to all persons. No adult should kiss the child on the lips. How is a child supposed to know it is okay for Grandpa to kiss me on the lips and daddy, but not okay for Sissy's boyfriend UNCLE JOE to kiss me on the lips.

I kiss my toddlers on the lips, but when they start to understand then the gears need to be switched.

I am glad they clarified why Sinclair was jailed-any ties between Sinclair and FW yet??

if I were you, I'd be very concerned about my dad. A blood relative never makes it okay, ever heard of incest?????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

That was going to be my next point, about blood relatives being a good percentage of molestation perps. Stranger abductions/molestations are much less common than family abductions/molestations. Why is noone looking at the family? Do they not have a back door? Statistically speaking, it is more likely to a family member than a non-family member.

And no, I would never worry about my dad, he is a good and decent man who just happens to peck my kids on the lips, so does my husband (their father), so does my BIL, we all do. I can't imagine being so fearful that I would be concerned about my family w/o just cause. That is just nuts.

I am operating under the understanding that ths man was not actually a stranger to her, but a neighbor who interacted with her often prior to the pool incident. I understood him to say that after that incident he stopped all interaction with her. I think his interview became skewed.

I was very close to my next door neighbors growng up. I spent lots of time at their house with them and I distinctly remember sitting on my male neighbor's lap, kissing him hello and good-bye, etc. He was a wonderful man who I cared for deeply. Most men are not predators.

Now if I heard that it was more of a sexual kiss than an appropriate kiss then I would not bother to defend him at all. And I reserve the right to be wrong about him. I just don't like calling people perverts or offenders without proof, that is called defamation of character.

I think it is important NOT to confuse your children. If kissing an adult on the mouth is inappropriate and an alert for them that it is wrong touching - then it needs to be applied to all persons. No adult should kiss the child on the lips. How is a child supposed to know it is okay for Grandpa to kiss me on the lips and daddy, but not okay for Sissy's boyfriend UNCLE JOE to kiss me on the lips.

I kiss my toddlers on the lips, but when they start to understand then the gears need to be switched.

I have a friend (in her late 30's) that still kisses her parents on the lips and I have no problem with that and either does she. I am the only one that kiss my children on the lips. Every one has thier own comfort zone. I also have a nineteen year old daughter and she kissed me on the lips til she was about nine and of course I did not stop her and tell her she was wrong because she wasn't. I also think a family member should not kiss a child on the lips if the child does not wish to be kissed on the lips. An idividual has to decide whats appropriate for themselves and for their own family. Family is one thing though and a stranger is another!

the kiss that happened in the pool was inappropriate enough for the family to file a police report

“Did I take my daughter? No,” Cantu said. “But I wish I did. I wish I had my daughter. At least I’d know she’s warm … I’d know that she’s fed … I’d know that she’s okay.”

Cantu, 37, is a Tracy native who attended Tracy High School has lived in Mexicali, Mexico, for the past year. He works as a saw operator for the National Beef Packing Company in Brawley, about two hours east of San Diego. The company declined to talk about Cantu.
http://tracypress.com/content/view/17695/2268/

I had read somewhere else that they have been divorced for a year as well.

((aside...you couldn't pay me enough to be a saw-em-up-dude at a beef packing place.....yuck!))

ETA.......this snip as well....

Cantu was in town over the weekend, left, and said he has been in Tracy since Tuesday. Tracy police questioned him Wednesday at the police department, where a friend dropped him off

http://tracypress.com/content/view/17695/2268/

I had read somewhere else that they have been divorced for a year as well.

((aside...you couldn't pay me enough to be a saw-em-up-dude at a beef packing place.....yuck!))

ETA.......this snip as well....

I have not heard too much about the Dad, although I heard him answering some reporters questions on the news and they had his face blurred out and I wondered why? Can you tell me are the parents on speaking terms and has he and the mother got together since Sandra went missing? Does he go to the vigils? Just Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1