CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy, energetic little girl in that video - skipping and twirling her arms - looks like she was just looking for something to do or to connect with some playmates. The video is really the only new item. They may continue to examine the garbage at the transfer station next week - they are still in process of making a decision on this.

Doesn't Slayter have kids? I thought he had a least a son? I'll have to go back and check some of the articles.

Salem

More about ater-Slay (still not sure of names policy here):

In an interview with The Record on Sunday, Slayter and his wife, Debra, said Sandra would come by their house three or four times a week, helping with chores or just saying hello.
They'dplay Yahtzee and go bowling together, with permission from Sandra's family, Debra Slayter said.
"She didn't have a lot of kid friends," David Slayter said. "She hung out with adults. ... I always told her, you've got to be careful with some adults. You've got to be careful."
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090404/A_NEWS/904040337

"The Tracy man lives with his wife, Debra Slayter, and a son. A missing-persons poster with a picture of second-grader Sandra Cantu was pasted on the Slayters’ front window. Sandra was last seen near her family’s home in the neighborhood around 4 p.m. on March 27."
http://tracypress.com/content/view/17706/2268/

“We brought him to the police department. They haven’t been detained. They came voluntarily. They haven’t been arrested,” said Lt. Jeremy Watney of the Tracy Police Department."
http://www.fox40.com/pages/landing_...ids-Home-In-Tracy=1&blockID=258171&feedID=190

They???:confused:

Quote from article: The Tracy man lives with his wife, Debra Slayter, and a son.

Doesn't say how old the son is, wonder if he is Sandra's age or older/younger?

Salem
It's strange that the ater-Slays make a point to say that Sandra hung out with adults all the time if she came to their house where their son is so often. They haven't mentioned the two kids playing together. He must be either much younger or much older than Sandra.

-reward is up to 26k

-over 800 tips

-chp has donated helicopters and have also set up a web site for Sandra http://missingchild.chp.ca.gov

-coast guard donated a c130 plane that did a broad search of Tracy

-today's search involves over 17 agencies, 300 plus trained searchers on horseback, foot, and atv. This is more than last time

-Fbi is helping with interviews. They pair one detective with one feebie. They have done over 100 interviews both at the station and on site

-3 sws in the case

-transfer station is done for today. Not sure if it will be continued next week

-video... 8 sec snippit to show what Sandra looked like that day. The reason they were holding onto it was because it looked like she had a purse or backpack on and they didn't know if there was a "missing item" with the missing child. They have determined that it is a shadow.

-will not answer questions about when this video was shot or where it was shot. Just that it was that day. Won't comment on the angle. They are still going thru hundreds of hours of video tape

Thanks everyone - you are all quicker than I am :)

Steadfast - I agree about "they" - what the heck does that mean? Are they insinuating that the wife might be involved or that DS knows either FW or CS?

I'm tellin' ya - I am sure these guys are part of the *advertiser censored* viewing ring - just my opinion, but there sure seems the be some kind of connection here. Also, search warrants were obtained AFTER initial cursory searches per one of the pressers and deductive logic :) LE had to have probable cause for the SW's, so they must have seen something in the cursory search that led to probable cause.

I have not tried to check records yet this morning. If anyone else does would they please post a link and/or directions on how to get the records?

I have spent a couple of hours trying to research property in Oakdale, but the Assessor's site is not giving anything up. I can't even get the zoning info. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong :( I had my husband double check what I was doing (we both actually have experience in property searches on the net) and he couldn't get any info either. Weird that San Joaquin Co. has criminal records unavailable and Stanislaus Co. has a property database that won't return any info.

Salem

I have a comment about the video... I think this particular clip was taken from a neighbor's camera as it is shot facing her home....????? the spokesman would not comment on the angle....

another video comment.... I think this was when she went to play with her friend as she was walking toward the front of the park from her house. The video that was caught of her leaving was reportedly her going away from the front of the park? (course I could be all bassackwards too lol...I was never good with stereo isomers in organic chemistry LOL)

I missed the presser. Is there a link to the presser with the video somewhere? I can't seem to find it. I can pull up the videos for kcra but can't seem to find that particular one.

TIA

Was that given as a quote from a news article, or did someone on that web site offer that information with no link to a news site? If it is a quote from a news article, is there a link to the article?

I tried linking the article from a site called blink on crime, but the forum blocked it, I believe. I'll try to get the source to you.

I have a comment about the video... I think this particular clip was taken from a neighbor's camera as it is shot facing her home....????? the spokesman would not comment on the angle....

I agree with this! I was just talking to my son about it. It looks as if she is walking towards her house, not leaving, and then turns. It is interesting that she gives her house a quick glance as she moves the hair from her eyes and then heads the other direction.

Salem

I had posted this about the hair dye in the last thread (and it was in an article....):

Quote:

~snip~A volunteer search and rescue worker on Sunday found a bottle of hair dye, which she told police about. Police said they don’t know yet if that means anything.
http://tracypress.com/content/view/17666/2268/

bumping this for goodaim... the other "blog" most likely got their info from the article I posted above. (I brought it over from thread one)

From looking at her birthday pictures, Sandra is obviously a Hannah Montana fan (like most 8 year-old girls). I wish Miley Cyrus & company would get involved and kick in a huge reward amount that might bring even more attention to her case.....

man, one of the worst parts of that video is as she walks out of the screen her little shadow is still there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrayZee