Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the "red ribbon"...
If there was truly something like that found as evidence...
Could it be a bungi (?) cord wrapped around the outside?

Why did her body sink or did it?
Would the suitcase have been weighted down with something?

I believe like SS said this was a crime of opportunity and I also think a stranger out of place in the MHP would quite possibly have been noticed. So, I do think it was someone she was familiar with.

I'm also wondering WHY that particular body of water was chosen.
Perps usually dump a body some place they are familiar (think KC)...
So did the perp somehow know the farmer? Perhaps misjudge when it was scheduled for drainage.

Disposing of her body in the water seems to me a calculated move to accelerate the decomposition process and erode evidence.

Just thinking out loud.

I didn't like him from the moment I saw him on tv. When I found out what he did for a living it made me suspect him even more. What did LE have to serve those SWs on his home and cars? What other locations of his were searched? The Dojo? They had their reasons to go after him with such gusto. Was it the kiss earlier which opened up the door for LE and the SWs? Possibly. He had to admit to it since I guess there were witnesses to the act of him kissing her on the lips. What was done in response at the time? It obviously did not affect him being with other young children to teach which to me is a mistake. The man blew his boundaries with a child and for 2 years continued to be in direct contact with others?

Didn't LE blow it when they failed to do anything when it was reported 2 yrs ago?.. I'm not sure of the charge or if convicted the penalty tho..What do you think?

Here's my problem (sorry for being a broken record!) with this scenario..Who wouldn't remember seeing the perp with this HUGE suitcase!..It would only take one person!..If it was immediate family that's a problem cos most would keep quiet?

We know it wasn't caught on camera or they'd be busted right now..Lucky for him huh? :furious:
A coach wouldn't raise any red flags carrying a large bag with equipment. An intructor wouldn't either. There are many reasons people would not have been alerted to it being out of the norm. Maybe no one saw him at all.

I strongly do not believe this perp had immediate family or anyone else around the crime scene who saw him remove her body.

Between the hours of 4:00 pm-8:00 pm means people were already coming in from work. It isn't an indication of being there during the day so it could be anyone.

I think the timing is very important here. By 4:00 p.m. people are beginning to return from work. Sandra's street, according to a poster from a different forum that supposedly lives in the park, is the busiest street because it is were all the mailboxes are located.

How could someone lure this child away, on a street where people are beginning to come home from work, stopping to check their mail, etc. and no one sees anything? To me, that means someone might have seen something, but it was NOT unusual. A car that belongs in the park or a frequent visitor?

I'm sure the perp is going to come from inside that park.

It was noted right after FW became a POI that his last class at his martial arts studio started at 4:45 p.m. He could very well have been on his way to the studio between 4:00-4:45, driving up Clover, headed to the entrance to the MHP and stopped just short of Grandpa's cameras, calling Sandra over.

Also, it was noted that Sandra often went to DS's house. In the video of Sandra, she is seen coming out through the little parking lot by the clubhouse. Directly behind this area is Unit 43 - DS's. She could have been at DS, left, taking the shortcut home, while someone at DS got in a car and drove around to come up Clover. Called her over, saying she left something at DS's.

The CS POI and his cousin we have very little info on. CS is a hot head, hence his charge for OOJ. We still have no name on the cousin.

Now, we are throwing a new POI into the mix, from what I understand by the name of Lawless? Also lives in the park, which I find VERY strange. He apparently has been a pastor at the same church for over 20 years - why is he living in the MHP? I just think that is odd. I have not read all the news releases since about 11:00 p.m. PST last night and need to catch up. But - a shed at this guy's church has apparently been searched and named a "crime scene"?

Just thought dumping here...... and of course all of this is my opinion and/or speculation.

Salem

Here's my problem (sorry for being a broken record!) with this scenario..Who wouldn't remember seeing the perp with this HUGE suitcase!..It would only take one person!..If it was immediate family that's a problem cos most would keep quiet?

We know it wasn't caught on camera or they'd be busted right now..Lucky for him huh? :furious:

It may be someone that people are use to seeing with suitcases so they didn't think anything about it. Hopefully, they will now and report it!

Tracy church a crime scene in girl’s slaying (9:57 a.m.)

By The Record
April 07, 2009 12:58 PM

TRACY -- The Police Department, shifting gears from trying to find Sandra Cantu to trying to find her killer, has roped off Clover Road Baptist Church with yellow crime-scene tape.

The church is less than 100 yards west of Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park, where Cantu lived. The 8-year-old girl’s body was discovered Monday inside a suitcase floating in an irrigation pond two miles north of her home.

A residence inside the mobile-home park also has been roped off as a crime scene.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090407/A_NEWS/90407004/-1/A_SPECIAL0263

sadly, i agree...with this and your theory on the man who kissed her at the pool. at least at the moment, he is the one who sticks out in my mind, he has ever since i saw his interview. "to be nice"....:furious:

That "to be nice...." comment sent chills down my spine. I've read that some sexual predators believe they are "loving" their victims when they molest them. That's what jumped into my mind when I heard that comment. Gross and sick and scary and he's number one on my list of murder suspects. BTW, is he married?

Just a thought, but maybe the church accepted donations for the needy. This suitcase could have already been there.

This was only a risk he thought she would be found and the luggage linked back to him. This is why i think they will find this person, very sloppy. My question is - are we sure she didn't leave the park alone?

It may be someone that people are use to seeing with suitcases so they didn't think anything about it. Hopefully, they will now and report it!

Now that I can wrap my brain around..The perp thought nobody would suspect anything but also would have to assume the body would NOT be found..If anyone did see it surely it's been reported by now?

A coach wouldn't raise any red flags carrying a large bag with equipment. An intructor wouldn't either. There are many reasons people would not have been alerted to it being out of the norm. Maybe no one saw him at all.

I strongly do not believe this perp had immediate family or anyone else around the crime scene who saw him remove her body.

I'm not so sure about this. It is possible the perp lived with someone that worked and that someone(s) did not come home until 5:00-6:00 p.m.ish. So he could have snagged Sandra right around 4:00 p.m., taken her to his house, then put her in the suitcase to get her out of the house prior to someone coming home. If he was caught with the suitcase, he could have made up any story - like he doesn't need it anymore so he's taking it to Goodwill or something. I see this as a very possible scenario where Unit 43 is concerned.

Salem

It was noted right after FW became a POI that his last class at his martial arts studio started at 4:45 p.m. He could very well have been on his way to the studio between 4:00-4:45, driving up Clover, headed to the entrance to the MHP and stopped just short of Grandpa's cameras, calling Sandra over.

Now, we are throwing a new POI into the mix, from what I understand by the name of Lawless? Also lives in the park, which I find VERY strange. He apparently has been a pastor at the same church for over 20 years - why is he living in the MHP? I just think that is odd. I have not read all the news releases since about 11:00 p.m. PST last night and need to catch up. But - a shed at this guy's church has apparently been searched and named a "crime scene"?

Just thought dumping here...... and of course all of this is my opinion and/or speculation.

Salem

<Respectfully snipped>

The fact that the class started at 4:45 immediately takes my attention away from FW.

As for the shed, there is easy access from Orange Street (back of MHP) to the field that leads to the church and shed. Pastor may know something or be associated with/the actual perp. Just throwing out thoughts.

A Pastor Lawless, who has had a church for 20 years and lives in the mobile home park? What is the name of this chuch?
Or maybe it is someone who knows about the shed at the church?

So much evil.

Sandra has been welcomed by the angels. Rest in peace, Sandra.

I was on here all day yesterday until late last night, and came here as soon as I fed my kids breakfast, and somehow I got totally lost. When did this pastor and church come into play?

Waiting to watch the news conference. I hope there has been an arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop