CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not implying anything, but am wondering as I'm not a Baptist....

Is it normal to have so many aliases when you are a pastor? Reason asking is that the pastor who is being questioned has a few, and the one who baptized him has a few as well. Is this a Baptist thing or am I reading into things too much? I don't have aliases... my names to search are under my maiden name or my married name, and no variants of such. Wondering about this issue???

It isn't old news at all! When the link to your website was originally posted on this site, it appeared your website was for people leaving a denomination which included Clover Road Baptist Church. Thank you for clarifying that Clover Road Baptist Church is not included in the denomination.

I read a little on your site and it is tragic what some people have gone through. I pray for healing for all these individuals, and I love that your website encouraged people to "speak the truth in love." Very nice and something we should all remember!

Thank you for clarifying things for us. Stick around, we'd love to have you stay!

Hi, everyone...

I'm new here. I'm the moderator of a site called www.sgmsurvivors.com, and I noticed that today we have received a number of hits from this board. A user posted information that linked Clover Road Baptist Church to the organization called Sovereign Grace Ministries that is the subject of the site that I moderate.

I haven't read all the posts here, so I don't know if this has already come up, but I just want to clarify that Clover Road Baptist Church has no connection to Sovereign Grace Ministries. Yes, Clover Road did at one point merge with another congregation that had "Sovereign Grace" in its name, but there has never been any affiliation between those churches and SGM.

I realize that this is probably old news and not a big deal, but I thought I'd post this info in case anyone was still under the impression that the issues discussed over at sgmsurvivors (our site) would have any relation to the investigation of Clover Road Baptist Church. They don't.

Thanks, and blessings to all. My heart is sad over the loss of Sandra!

My father was a Baptist minister and he had no aliases.

Oh my goodness. I had to work all day, barely got to check in today, had a family birthday. These threads move SO fast. I can't possibly go back and read them all. I have to go back to bed very shortly :eek:

Can someone just pretty please give me a quick update on the latest? What's with the Church? And the Pastor? Any arrests? Suspects? Thank you! Any quick and to the point in a nutshell update will do :)

I loooved to go to Girl Scout Camp, and I was able to thanks in part to selling cookies. Camp had horses... I was very motivated.

"Leg warmers", maybe that is what I am thinking of! :crazy: Its just interesting that there are so many interpretations of her outfit after hearing it described verbally. I guess if you have the descriptive colors, and I think they did, it would make a difference.
I still have my leg warmers from the 80's! My daughter has "leggings". Little girls don't want to be seen in stretch pants.

I realize Atanua already answered your question - and it sounds like she would definitely know. :) I did want to add something because I've been wondering about this also. It was posted somewhere that he settled on his current name around the time he married, so I was wondering if maybe he had kind of a "bad boy" past but turned over a new leaf around the time he got married. On the bio page that was linked earlier today it listed his baptism date as being the same as his wedding date. (I've never heard of that being on the same day before so that stood out.) Maybe while people were gathered he wanted to be baptized as a demonstration of a changed life. Just a possibility...also a possibility that the website got the baptism date wrong. lol

Anyone have any ideas about the aliases?

Is it normal to have so many aliases when you are a pastor? Reason asking is that the pastor who is being questioned has a few, and the one who baptized him has a few as well. Is this a Baptist thing or am I reading into things too much? I don't have aliases... my names to search are under my maiden name or my married name, and no variants of such. Wondering about this issue???

Here's a little of what I know today, I'm pretty out of the loop too!

More SW were to be served at the church. The pastor is not described as a suspect, but NO ONE is being ruled out, he and his wife say they are cooperating. Sandra's mom collapsed at the news and was taken to the hospital. They are asking the public for help and are taking tips. Autopsy results in 4-6 weeks. Sandra and her family attended the church in some fashion, I'm not sure of the whole involvement. The pastor and fam live in the MHP.

There are a lot of "branches" of the Baptist Church or what people call the Baptist Church. Just like other denoms, there are wild sects (some may say cults). I wouldn't say it is any more likely for a Baptist minister to have an alias than any of us! JMHO of course. :)

I am thinking that the location where the body was found,
the fact that she had her clothes on, and being put in a garment
type bag or what have you, speaks to the mindset of the perp.

Seeing that she was just not tossed naked to the side of a road, in the woods etc tells me the person DID indeed have an obsession with Sandra and maybe in his own sick mind had some feelings for the little girl also, as
gross as that sounds, felt guilt afterwards,and took the time to dress and put her in that bag out of some twisted kind of guilt.
Also, the place he chose , he knew she would be found sooner
than later, being that it is drained. He WANTED her found!
She knew him, she trusted him; AND he knew this!!
Guilit, guilt, guilt...but he couldn't stop himself!!!

Just my thoughts...

Actually, 20 years ago - so did I. With a pair of Doc Martens and some really cool tights.

Respectfully, if she was 5'8 she was (at least close) to being a grown up and able to watch out for herself. Again, I am not criticzing anyone for who wears what. It's an age old defense for creepy people.

In an earlier post, someone questioned what Sandra was wearing - saying her mother didn't seem the "type" to let her dress suggestively - consequently the discussion about leggings.

My point is, she was not dressed (any more) suggestively (sic) than any other second grade girl across the country.

IMO

Oh no, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was making a comment on her clothes being acceptable. They are without a doubt. I would just describe them differently. Hannah Montana, got it. I would just never even dream about wearing that style now... Its not the thing for a 30 plus year old women, so I was applying the description of her clothes to clothes that I wear. I don't have any kids, so I guess I'm not hip to the fad. In some ways the leggings looked like the skinny pants that Paris Hilton wears.

I wore Docs too... and I am quite proud to say I own more than one pair. Wouldn't wear them with long john bottoms and an oversized shirt like I did "in the day".

Sorry, mods... yank if ya need too... just wanted to explain that I'm not a total square. :)

Seeing that she was just not tossed naked to the side of a road, in the woods etc tells me the person DID indeed have an obsession with Sandra and maybe in his own sick mind had some feelings for the little girl also, as
gross as that sounds, felt guilt afterwards,and took the time to dress and put her in that bag out of some twisted kind of guilt.

Just my thoughts...
Someone I know has sisters who live in Tracy, and she is also of the mindset that the perp wanted her to be found. I thought he dumped her there knowing it had already been searched, so it would be safe.

Maybe something in the bag that was used to weight it down led them back to the church

ETA: Where can we start a petition to get NG to stop talking about KC. Geez...

According to the presser last night nothing was inside the luggage with Sandra. But who knows if that's just what they want us to think right now.

Maybe something in the bag that was used to weight it down led them back to the church

Maybe in his haste to find something to put her in, and if
the bag was used previously by him or a family member,
just maybe something was inside that belonged to him and
he never realized it!

Agreed, it's beyond ridiculous now. It's manic. I've stopped watching. Are ratings slipping? That's probably the only thing that will jerk the producers out of their KC mania.

Just my thoughts...

That makes sense. Also, didn't they say something about a red ribbon?

Write an on topic post on the Nancy Grace thread and as an aside drop the hint! I have even stopped reading on the KC threads thanks to NG. Sometimes I come in late at night and swear someone from that show is reading the thread, having proper initials and not listed in members :eek: I think she'll get the message.

ETA: A poster said tonight they had to have something very defining to get a search warrant, especially for a church. There is something that tied Sandra in death to that bldg and it's shed IMO. I already stated I think the suitcase came from the church to store costumes,

There was mention of a red ribbon at some point but that
hasn't been mentioned recently for some reason.

Could be that if there was one, it was used to find the luggage
easier at the airport, OR, if it is something related to the case,
the police didn't want it out.... I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop