CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have thought so before today. Maybe I'm swayed by some of the other posts I've seen today. LOL (We do have some bright people on here!) Many posters have stated that LE had to know what was inside the luggage, so if that's true I "think" it would be a possibility they would hold back other information for reasons unknown to us. I think I'd believe most anything right now my head is spinning so much. :crazy: What do you think?

I thing LE did what they needed to do. They didn't really lie, unless the images from the plane showed there was a body in the bag. They did not know it was Sandra. It could have been anybody, really. What if they would have said it was Sandra and it turned out to be some kind of dead animal? I am sure LE had a pretty good idea, just like we did from just watching them. But until they opened the bag, they really didn't know. They did hold back mention of the smell, which I am sure was strong once they brought the bag out of the water.

I'm pretty sure they are holding back lots of information right now. But it does appear they are moving forward and thats what we really want, right? More than we want to know who, we want LE to get the the , right? At least for me, that's what I want the most right now. I want LE to get the creep and I want LE to have a ROCK SOLID case, so there is no chance the will walk or get off on some technicality.

Salem

Boy - I really have a lot to say tonight huh? :blowkiss:

Thanks, wfgodot. Well, that clears everything up, doesn't it?:crazy: I'm getting so confused as this goes on. I just pray they get that that did this to Sandra.:mad:

Yes, and it's actually a key point. If Sandra were familiar with certain church personnel or attendees, she might well have gotten into a car and left the mobile home park with one of them. If not, of course--well, maybe not!

I'm wondering why the church and grounds weren't thoroughly searched before today. With those outbuildings and its proximity to the mhp, it seems obvious they would have done so.

Hate to beat a dead horse... don't want to look for the icon, but why dies she repeat that sum up of finding Caylee every single show?

Ratings. Playing on public grief. It's all tabloid fodder, complete with the club scene, sexy Florida, hate-worthy (yet attractive) Casey, and that hapless (but well-dressed) Anthony family.

You got me there! That could very well be. I might have misunderstood
the posters. If I get a chance, I just might check back on that! lol

In search I found the word 'ribbon' on Sandra's forensic astroloogy thread. I started to go thru, to no avail, getting only so far as it is so late.

It is interesting, but if a perp was going to use a suitcase as a disposal unit, wouldn't they remove all the tags and tell-tale ribbons and string?

No one has copped to the crime, so although he probably wanted her found sooner than later I don't think he wants to spend the rest of his life on death row. No little girls there :eek: I know that is so bad of me to say that, but the way she was taken and then found, and just 10 days after going missing, her age all tell me it is a sexual predator who like you said just couldn't stop himself when he had a perfect opportunity. xox

:applause:Roller derby gal!! That's great!

I once worked with a woman whose husband was a Baptist minister and she said there were something like 300 branches of Baptist churches. That was close to 15 years ago so I don't know if it's more or less now, but that is mind boggling.

I was thinking along similar lines... my first thought was that his name sounds like it belongs to a roller derby gal or burlesque dancer. It has the ring of it being a "stage name".

I had a friend who was Baptist when I was very young. It was very strict... no personal expression at all. Then I know someone who is a Baptist minister and is also a performance artist. Exact opposites, but both Baptists.

I was thinking along similar lines... my first thought was that his name sounds like it belongs to a roller derby gal or burlesque dancer. It has the ring of it being a "stage name".

I had a friend who was Baptist when I was very young. It was very strict... no personal expression at all. Then I know someone who is a Baptist minister and is also a performance artist. Exact opposites, but both Baptists.

The name sounds staged to me, too. The first name seems too trendy for an older man or what his mom would have chosen years ago. I can't imagine why any Baptist would want a stage name, but the last name sounds Baptist-like. Baptists are big on grace and not being under the law. They're lawless I suppose.

I pray you are right and they make an arrest (or arrests) before morning! They sure acted like they knew what was in that suitcase from the start!

I absolutely think they are holding back, and rightly so. And I think they absolutely DID know what was in the suitcase early that day. at the least they knew there was a body in the bag. I imagine the workers unzipped it a little and had an idea what was in it to dial 911. They absolutely treated it as a crime scene from minute 1. They are very focused on the integrity of the investigation IMO. I imagine there are several details, what was in the bag, what clothes did she have, was there a purse or a backpack ( it's no shadow, you can see it move NOT in sync with her! ) I firmly believe they are holding out on a lot of information.

The name sounds staged to me, too. The first name seems too trendy for an older man or what his mom would have chosen years ago. I can't imagine why any Baptist would want a stage name, but the last name sounds Baptist-like. Baptists are big on grace and not being under the law. They're lawless I suppose.
I noted the irony of his last name being Lawless too, but...the actress who played Zena the Warrior Princess was an Australian named Lucy Lawless.

Salem wrote:
Maybe it was guilt mixed with the knowledge that if she was found, she should look decent because the perp has so much to lose. I'm not sure I'm making sense here, but my point is, his concern was not for Sandra, but for himself. How much more horrible would it be if she was found naked along side the road, then if she was found all neat and tidy, in a container, fully dressed, apparently even with her shoes on? I mean after all - he has a reputation to protect, he can't just discard her like some kind of monster, now can he? end quote

Very interesting. Do you mean that he is disguishing himself from other criminals. A warped sense of pride. Part of him separating himself from other monsters? The whole reputation thing is interesting. Like he is making a statement. In some ways that implies a familiarity with his audience... other like minded monsters, apart of the 60 arrested in the ring. That seems like a large number, but maybe Tracy is a larger town than I'm imagining. Sixty people though... its like a subculture... would it be considered that?

That makes sense. You guys are so smart!:clap: And you're right they are moving forward and we want a rock solid case!

I thing LE did what they needed to do. They didn't really lie, unless the images from the plane showed there was a body in the bag. They did not know it was Sandra. It could have been anybody, really. What if they would have said it was Sandra and it turned out to be some kind of dead animal? I am sure LE had a pretty good idea, just like we did from just watching them. But until they opened the bag, they really didn't know. They did hold back mention of the smell, which I am sure was strong once they brought the bag out of the water.

I'm pretty sure they are holding back lots of information right now. But it does appear they are moving forward and thats what we really want, right? More than we want to know who, we want LE to get the the , right? At least for me, that's what I want the most right now. I want LE to get the creep and I want LE to have a ROCK SOLID case, so there is no chance the will walk or get off on some technicality.

Salem

2 notes:

LE was asked if she carrying a backpack soon after the video was released and said something to the the effect that this is what LE thought too at first but the FBI analysis and enhancement made them determine that she was not carrying a backpack.

I can't see them lying about such a detail. There is no reason to. It would be a major detail that could be helpful to the public in hunting for her - much like what she was wearing, did she have any birthmarks etc....

Regarding it taking four (I saw four in the picture) ME officers carrying the body bag (one or two not in white walked alongside them also) with the suitcase in it to the van. I think they used four not because of weight but as not to jostle any potential contents around any more than needed and because if Sandra was in there (which I am sure they knew before the moved it, she was) it was respectful to carry her in such a way.

jmo

You're right, it IS a key point. How come you guys are getting smarter as the night goes on and I'm fading? LOL I think I need to get some sleep.

Night, all. :blowkiss:

Yes, and it's actually a key point. If Sandra were familiar with certain church personnel or attendees, she might well have gotten into a car and left the mobile home park with one of them. If not, of course--well, maybe not!

I'm wondering why the church and grounds weren't thoroughly searched before today. With those outbuildings and its proximity to the mhp, it seems obvious they would have done so.

Salem

Yes it is. They seem to be very meticulous about everything we can see them doing, it would follow they are doing the same with the things that we don't see. This would make an air tight, with no possibility for an appeal type of case.

Hi Parker38 - I find your post interesting and I hope you don't mind if I add some additional thoughts. I'll post my thoughts, in green, in the text of your post.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a desperate move on the part of the perp real soon. Not sure what - a confession, moving out of town, maybe even a suicide.

What else is interesting to note is that we have 2 POI's with pretty solid reputations. They have been in their jobs/businesses for 20+ years and have well established roots in the community. The other 2 I'm not so sure about. One is a hot-head and the other we have no idea about, except he doesn't live in Tracy and is related to the hot-head. Wonder what his story is?.......

I hope you don't mind my thinking through my fingers here. I really appreciate your thoughts and the opportunity to explore my own thoughts in response.

Salem
No problem at all Salem!!! I enjoyed reading your input and thoughts
regarding what could have possibly gone down and the possibities
for the future of this perp. He does have a lot to lose if it is one of the
guys with a reputation to uphold.
I guess we just don't really know what was in the mind of this monster.
My thought was he was guilt ridden for what he did to Sandra, but
on the other hand you bring great thoughts regarding him maybe just
wanting to cover his own azz!!

Hi Parker38 - I find your post interesting and I hope you don't mind if I add some additional thoughts. I'll post my thoughts, in green, in the text of your post.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a desperate move on the part of the perp real soon. Not sure what - a confession, moving out of town, maybe even a suicide.

What else is interesting to note is that we have 2 POI's with pretty solid reputations. They have been in their jobs/businesses for 20+ years and have well established roots in the community. The other 2 I'm not so sure about. One is a hot-head and the other we have no idea about, except he doesn't live in Tracy and is related to the hot-head. Wonder what his story is?.......

I hope you don't mind my thinking through my fingers here. I really appreciate your thoughts and the opportunity to explore my own thoughts in response.

Salem

Don't stop Salem! lol

It bothers me that the preacher's wife mentioned Sandra was abused and then killed. Why would she mention the word abused when she knows LE is investigating her husband, searching their house, the church and the shed? Could that have been a subconscious slip, her using the word abused?

I think LE has concentrated more on this man than any of the other 3 they are looking at.

We didn't find out if any of the other 3 go to the pastor's church. What if one of them is very good friends with him and they have colabarated {sp} here, maybe of the same ILK, especially if photos were taken to swap with people in the '60' *advertiser censored* group.

I wonder if any of these 4 men are in that group? Is it possible to get that list? It would be something one wouldn't want out there if they were looked up to in the community. I know in England that long list of pedo's they are prosecuting one by one is public. You can fo on line and read all the names.

Just rambling, but I hope something comes out soon to answer these questions.

I think it's bed time for me also!!! I can't see or think straight any longer lol !! Everyone have a good night!

It bothers me that the preacher's wife mentioned Sandra was abused and then killed. Why would she mention the word abused when she knows LE is investigating her husband, searching their house, the church and the shed? Could that have been a subconscious slip, her using the word abused?

I think it was a subconscious slip, an assumption that a lot of people are making. Same reason why when WE talk about who killed her we are most likely to say HE....because the perpetrator was most likely a male, and there was most likely abuse of some kind involved before her death, as much as I would like to tell myself there wasn't.

Another thing I have been considering is that if she was fully dressed, then perhaps she wasn't taken by a pedophile. Maybe hit with a car by mistake?

I know, slim chance. I can hope though that it was something fast and not intentional and someone just panicked. I know some comments on various news sites were referring to a circus being in town, someone traveling with a circus would have suitcases. Although, a suitcase then leads me to think that someone needed to conceal her to transport, which brings me back to someone in the trailer park, and probably not an accident. I can talk myself in a circle, that's for sure.

When I read this I thought about a disabled son of one of the POI. Could have been that kind of accident as well. Since he was brought up I've wanted to know about him. He could be the or a witness to what happened, we don't know what his disabilities are maybe no one thinks he would be able to "tell".

When the red ribbon was mentioned I kinda thought about him... if it is bow type of ribbon he could have tied it on there as decoration. I think that the red ribbon is more of a functional thing though.

I have not read about a disabled person, who's son is that?

:applause:Roller derby gal!! That's great!

I once worked with a woman whose husband was a Baptist minister and she said there were something like 300 branches of Baptist churches. That was close to 15 years ago so I don't know if it's more or less now, but that is mind boggling.

We have events in my downtown and the gals were out there, and the names were really creative. I thought it was great too-- like Leather and Pinky Tuscadaro on Happy Days... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper