CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
does the church give out ....bibles, crosses, anything like that....that could have been placed with sandra.....

something to do with the church
something to do with the shed-what would be in that shed?
something in the suit case

think about it.....what would you put in the shed for the church and then take it with you some where in a suit case?

Every tme I get a suitcase out to go on a trip, there is something left in it.......why? I have no idea. My hubby will leave an airline stub in a pocket,
or I leave something for the 'next trip' (comb, brush)...........could the perp in his hurry forget that he/she had something in the hidden pockets of the suitcase?
Just a thought........

Actually, 20 years ago - so did I. With a pair of Doc Martens and some really cool tights.

Respectfully, if she was 5'8 she was (at least close) to being a grown up and able to watch out for herself. Again, I am not criticzing anyone for who wears what. It's an age old defense for creepy people.

In an earlier post, someone questioned what Sandra was wearing - saying her mother didn't seem the "type" to let her dress suggestively - consequently the discussion about leggings.

My point is, she was not dressed (any more) suggestively (sic) than any other second grade girl across the country.

IMO

---
Sandra was not 5'8", you misunderstood. The poster was saying 5 - 8 year old range. eight years old is a little girl and not able to watch out for herself. The leggings she is wearing are not tight nor suggestive. They are very appropriate. The poster you mentioned probably has a problem with females wearing any kind of pants at all, thus considers the leggings a sin. Some churches think and teach this way. I certainly don't follow this sort of judgement but was forced to follow this when I was in a church school growing up.

Getting back to the disabled son of neighbor........is he physically or mentally disabled?

also I find it interesting that in a small town area, the other ministers do not know much about Lawless????

any pressers scheduled for today?
any locals hearing anything on news?
When will Sandra get her own forum so we can put this in an order of things as it happens?
any MODS here? TIA

LE knows this suitcase is connected to that church...they knew the connection prior to anyone even talking about a rummage sale and a stolen bag. The bag being stolen from the church is not the connection. What was found in the bag is the connection to the church. It obviously belonged to someone associated with that church as attested to by the above article, as well as LE's search of the church prior to any knowledge of a stolen suitcase from said church. The church has a very meager membership so identifying the owner of the suitcase should be relatively simple IMO.

LE knows this suitcase is connected to that church...they knew the connection prior to anyone even talking about a rummage sale and a stolen bag. The bag being stolen from the church is not the connection. What was found in the bag is the connection to the church. It obviously belonged to someone associated with that church as attested to by the above article, as well as LE's search of the church prior to any knowledge of a stolen suitcase from said church. The church has a very meager membership so identifying the owner of the suitcase should be relatively simple IMO.

Godd morning everyone! I find this rummage sale idea interesting. Especially since someone brought this up in this forum yesterday or the day before. I TA with you momtective- somethign led them to the church. I only Wonder if it was this "report of a stolen suitcase" or somethignon/in the suitcase. Some is trying to cover their a$$!!

Questions regarding info in this article.
1. When was the suitcase noticed stolen from the church? What time? I thought it was already reported that there was no activity at the church the day Sandra went missing. Establishing the time it was taken would give us an approximate time frame of Sandra's murder. Was she already murdered and the perp went out to steal a suitcase to hide her in or did he steal the suitcase before he snatched Sandra and murdered her? I'm thinking he killed her then stole the suitcase...if he did indeed steal the suitcase.

2. When was the rummage sale scheduled to take place?

3. Was there other donated stuff at the church for the rummage sale?

4. Who donated the suitcase and how would them simply donating a suitcase to a church rummage sale lead investigators to the church? Was there a police report?

Somethings hinky here!

Hmmmmmm...........I'm thinking the suitcase was not stolen from the church.

The news article said that the "suitcase was supposed to go to the church".

So who was the person donating the suitcase?

Where did that person live? In the mobile home park?

She put it somewhere (trunk of her car?) and when she came back it was gone?? Was she loading stuff in her car to take to the church?

Who did the owner of the suitcase "report" this to?? Police? Or another member of the church??

I'm not so sure that someone would report items that they were "getting rid of" to police??

This stolen suitcase is the "key" to everything.......JMO

Lawless lives in spc 57 of the MHP that would be 3 doors down from Sandra if there is any logical order to the house numbering. It was reported in this video http://www.kcra.com/news/19121818/detail.html that the search had renewed in NW & NE area of the MHP late last night.

If it was in the newspaper report this suitcase was stolen prior to being donated to the church, I'm sure LE knows who had it 'stolen.' At least I hope so!

It is a curious development, IMO.

What is also puzzeling is the statement by someone who knew the family well, the babysitter until Sandra was 7, said the family attended that particular church, yet neighbors say the did NOT.

Interesting contradiction, IMO...........could the family have stopped going to that church for a particular reason?

I totally believe LE is close to solving this crime. Everyone says it couldn't be connected to the church, it couldn't be anyone in the trailer park.............I think people will be VERY surprised when LE solves this case. It'll be that 'nice guy' that couldn't possibly have done it.:eek:

JMHO
fran

If it was in the newspaper report this suitcase was stolen prior to being donated to the church, I'm sure LE knows who had it 'stolen.' At least I hope so!

What is also puzzeling is the statement by someone who knew the family well, the babysitter until Sandra was 7, said the family attended that particular church, yet neighbors say the did NOT.

Interesting contradiction, IMO...........could the family have stopped going to that church for a particular reason?

I totally believe LE is close to solving this crime. Everyone says it couldn't be connected to the church, it couldn't be anyone in the trailer park.............I think people will be VERY surprised when LE solves this case. It'll be that 'nice guy' that couldn't possibly have done it.:eek:

JMHO
fran

I think you are absolutely right Fran!:clap:

Lawless lives in spc 57 of the MHP that would be 3 doors down from Sandra if there is any logical order to the house numbering. It was reported in this video http://www.kcra.com/news/19121818/detail.html that the search had renewed in NW & NE area of the MHP late last night.

This is very interesting and first time that I saw the media actually use the word 'homecide'..........evidence taken out of church!
and the word 'perpetratorS' used.

This article quotes a church member saying the suitcase was stolen from the church. Was supposed to go in a rummage sale. Sorry if this was already posted!

snip...Meanwhile, church member Fred Williams said he believes his church and its pastor, Lane Lawless, are being wrongfully targeted.

"There's not one member there that would have anything to do with anything like that kind of situation," Williams said. "More people should come to church and hang out with him because they would find out what a fun loving kind of guy that he is," Williams said.

Williams said that the mysterious black suitcase Cantu was found in was reported stolen by another congregation member the same day Cantu disappeared.

"That suitcase was to go to the church for a rummage sale with some stuff in it and the person put it somewhere, either in the back of a car somewhere. But anyway, when she came back out the suitcase was gone," Williams said.
...snip

http://www.kcra.com/news/19121818/detail.html

How convenient that the most damning piece of evidence in a murder investigation was "stolen" from the back of your car...

I wonder what time the suitcase was reported stolen. I've always thought the suitcase tied back to the church - but my theory was that it had already been donated. Which would explain why LE rushed over there to search the church and shed.

This scenario only allows for an "intended" connection to the church - with no direct tie whatsoever. Unless it was stolen in the church parking lot, it doesn't really create the urgency to search that we saw.

This whole story is WAAAY too coincidental.

JMHO
fran

ITA Fran- isn't it always the "nice,quiet one, that keeps to himself"?

Sounds more to me like someone knows that they can be connected and may be conncocting a story to fit the suitcase involvement. Maybe a family member or friend recognized the bag and is creating a cover to protect that person. Who knows..but that story seems strange. A church that rarely has events, just happens to be having a rummage sale now and that suitcase just happens to be stolen.

Reminds me of Misty just HAPPENING to need to pee right when Ronalds coming home...and just HAPPENS to find Haleighs gone at that same time...

The longer I'm around, and it hasn't been that long <<claiming newbie protection>> :crazy: , the more I see similarities amongst cases...or maybe it's just that I can't get these poor kids outta my head...

I could not agree with all of you more, there is something "hinky" with the suitcase, to report something you would donate (not happening), I read it was reported stolen before Sandra was found ( I can't remember where I read this sorry), someone is covering their Arssss! Then for it to lead them to LLawless right away hmmmm,

The article also says that they searched the Sinclair home again yesterday. He's the one they arrested on the OJ charge right? What I would like to know is who is the Williams fellow from the article? Which unit does he live in? etc.

I agree with everyone who thinks the stolen suitcase story is a bit suspicious. Are they actually saying that someone reported a stolen suitcase that was going to go to a rumage sale? Who would report something like that? Seems a bit odd imo.

Nicole Lee, 18, of Tracy, who once lived there, said she baby-sat Sandra for a couple of years, until she was 7.

The second-grader loved to play, Lee said, and was very smart. Lee said Sandra loved cookies.

She said the girl and her mother were active in the Clover Road Baptist Church. The slaying has shaken the community where everyone knew each other.
(http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12090693?source=most_viewed)

HOWEVER, SF Gate/SF Chronicle, in a later report, says....

Sandra's family - who gave no public interviews Tuesday - does not attend Clover Road Baptist Church, neighbors said.
(http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/07/MN8016UFO2.DTL)
Not done catching up but I am bumping this up. Great catch

2 notes:

LE was asked if she carrying a backpack soon after the video was released and said something to the the effect that this is what LE thought too at first but the FBI analysis and enhancement made them determine that she was not carrying a backpack.

I can't see them lying about such a detail. There is no reason to. It would be a major detail that could be helpful to the public in hunting for her - much like what she was wearing, did she have any birthmarks etc....

Regarding it taking four (I saw four in the picture) ME officers carrying the body bag (one or two not in white walked alongside them also) with the suitcase in it to the van. I think they used four not because of weight but as not to jostle any potential contents around any more than needed and because if Sandra was in there (which I am sure they knew before the moved it, she was) it was respectful to carry her in such a way.

jmo
They didn't lie if it was not a backpack, but a little purse instead. ;)

You could be right about not jostling and being respectful, but I imagine the bag was heavy as it was wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23