Found Deceased CA - Sandy Giles, 44, Earp, 13 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, dirt or sand has washed or blown onto the asphalt part of the road so they do like a snow plow and scrape it back off.

Although I don’t live there and it’s hard for me to imagine that much dirt/sand blowing into the road that it would cover a body when scraped. I know when it snows that it’s a pretty big pile but I’ve never heard of dirt/sand being that much.

And...it shocks me the plowed didn’t see her body. I am rural with grass and weeds growing on the sides of the highway and I can easily see a deer carcass off the side of the highway. It’s heartbreaking they didn’t see her [emoji22]

Well, I did some searching and found this:

https://www.purplebricks.com/detail/j5688

It's sales particulars of 88 acres of land on the north side of Aqueduct Road and apparently across the road from Earp post office and next to Oasis minimart, uploaded 152 days ago, ie July this year. Look at the 1st, 2nd and 4th photos in the sequence for this entry, which shows a line of sand and dirt piled along the roadside.

You see it best in the 7th image, where the front of the photographer's car provides a sense of scale for the sand banks. They are clearly several feet high and around 10 feet back from the edge of the road so one can understand how her body was concealed once buried.

But wasn't the scraping done three days after LE found Sandy's car abandoned? If so, with her being 10 ft from the car, even a cursory search should have found her, let alone a full out search that should have happened before day 3 of her missing. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how this poor woman wasn't discovered once her car was. Of course by the time her family came out to look for her the sand scraping would have been done, so they wouldn't have found her, but the police?

But wasn't the scraping done three days after LE found Sandy's car abandoned? If so, with her being 10 ft from the car, even a cursory search should have found her, let alone a full out search that should have happened before day 3 of her missing. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how this poor woman wasn't discovered once her car was. Of course by the time her family came out to look for her the sand scraping would have been done, so they wouldn't have found her, but the police?

She was found 10 feet from the side of the road, not 10 feet from her car. The area around the car was searched by her family when they arrived in the area, but I need to look back at the timeline and see how it all fits together as it's only in the past day or so I've read about the scraping being done.

She was found 10 feet from the side of the road, not 10 feet from her car. The area around the car was searched by her family when they arrived in the area, but I need to look back at the timeline and see how it all fits together as it's only in the past day or so I've read about the scraping being done.

Ok, I stand corrected. But she walked without flip flops if she was away from the car and not near it. So she ither had to have shoes on or that makes no sense.

I order how far from the car she was found. The car wasn't that far off the road.

I believe she was 800 feet from her car IIRC. Sad that LE might have found her if they'd looked UNDER the piles

Ok, I stand corrected. But she walked without flip flops if she was away from the car and not near it. So she ither had to have shoes on or that makes no sense.

I order how far from the car she was found. The car wasn't that far off the road.
She may have started out in her flip flops and realized she could walk easier or faster in bare feet. There's no way I can do sand in flip flops.

Also, and I'm hoping this will be answered but if she was only 10 feet off the road, how is it no one saw her body before it was covered in sand?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

So we have no idea what COD was yet? I'm kind of wondering about a hit and run. My husband was hit by a drunk driver when he was 8 and while he was pretty much okay(low speed) it knocked his shoes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we have no idea what COD was yet? I'm kind of wondering about a hit and run. My husband was hit by a drunk driver when he was 8 and while he was pretty much okay(low speed) it knocked his shoes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also had a similar experience as your husband. I was 15 & crossing the street when a car turned the corner out of nowhere. Despite speeding up to get across the street, they still hit me directly on the side of my right knee/leg, going approx 30/35mph. I flew up into the air & landed on the side of the road. Both of my sandals flew off as well. Aside from a broken foot, an abundance of road rash & pebbles embedded into my skin, I was able to get up & walk away from the scene to safety to call for help. Luckily I made a quick recovery...I thank my young age for that!

She may have started out in her flip flops and realized she could walk easier or faster in bare feet. There's no way I can do sand in flip flops.

Also, and I'm hoping this will be answered but if she was only 10 feet off the road, how is it no one saw her body before it was covered in sand?!

I had thought about that but bare feet out there makes no sense. It's desert. The asphalt is hot, the sand is hot. So if she didn't have shoes on, I would think hit and run.

Still, being found 10 feet from the road, it's my understanding the sand scraping was done 3 days after the car was discovered by police. There were three days to look around and find her body. I'm wondering how far from where the car was abandoned, that her body was.100 ft? 200? A mile? The further from the car she was, the more likely she would have been missed. I am guessing there really wasn't ever an organized police search for her.

It's just sad that poor woman was out there all that time and wasn't found. In the beginning, had she been found, she might have survived. I'm curious as well as to COD because that might indicate if it was fast or not. Poor thing. RIP Sandy.

I had thought about that but bare feet out there makes no sense. It's desert. The asphalt is hot, the sand is hot. So if she didn't have shoes on, I would think hit and run.

Still, being found 10 feet from the road, it's my understanding the sand scraping was done 3 days after the car was discovered by police. There were three days to look around and find her body. I'm wondering how far from where the car was abandoned, that her body was.100 ft? 200? A mile? The further from the car she was, the more likely she would have been missed. I am guessing there really wasn't ever an organized police search for her.

It's just sad that poor woman was out there all that time and wasn't found. In the beginning, had she been found, she might have survived. I'm curious as well as to COD because that might indicate if it was fast or not. Poor thing. RIP Sandy.
If you go back and read "Parkeronline"
(the link is above somewhere) and read that plus the comments, it will tell you about the search and other things about the case.

Not only that but it may have been around evening or late afternoon when she ran out of gas the 2nd time. Not knowing a lot about the desert, does it cool down after the sun sets?

Not sure if any of you have been following the Audrey Moran/Jonathan Reynoso case or not; shortly after Audrey’s vehicle was found abandoned (I believe it was located via OnStar), they had K-9 units searching the immediate area nearby the vehicle. I can only assume that had a K-9 unit been dispatched to the scene once her vehicle was found, they would have picked up on the scent, regardless of any amount of sand possibly being ‘plowed/pushed’ over her body. JMO, of course.

Not sure if any of you have been following the Audrey Moran/Jonathan Reynoso case or not; shortly after Audrey’s vehicle was found abandoned (I believe it was located via OnStar), they had K-9 units searching the immediate area nearby the vehicle. I can only assume that had a K-9 unit been dispatched to the scene once her vehicle was found, they would have picked up on the scent, regardless of any amount of sand possibly being ‘plowed/pushed’ over her body. JMO, of course.

Yes, I've been following Audrey and Jonathan's case. You bring up an excellent point. Were scent dogs used in Sandy's case?

It's just with her being found in close proximity to her car, that had things been done properly, she might have had a chance. If COD shows massive MI, then nothing would have helped her. But her family would have had answers sooner and she could have been laid to rest sooner. Anyone passing along that road could have seen her 10 ft from the road, but no one did.

Not only that but it may have been around evening or late afternoon when she ran out of gas the 2nd time. Not knowing a lot about the desert, does it cool down after the sun sets?

Yes, it does. Because there are usually clear skies over desert regions the heat absorbed by the land during the day radiates back into the atmosphere overnight. It's common to get ground frosts towards dawn.

I've been looking at route 62 from Vidal Junction to Parker on the 3D satellite. Is it my imagination or are there quite a few miles that are actually downhill? If so, if she had run out of fuel and had her wits about her she could have disengaged the brake and just let gravity take her almost to the river.

This is nightmare fuel for me. I’m counting on you, websleuthers, to force a search at least within 10 feet of the only road around if you see ElementalLaura on any missing posters. I hate to sound heartless, but I hope she passed quickly.

Just a thought.

It's been said that the road was scraped only a few days after Sandy went missing.

What if she was hit while walking down the road by a vehicle that tried to stop but skidded on the sand on the road.

Would there be a liability issue there if the road should have been scraped earlier but hadn't been?

And could the road have been scraped quickly because someone reported on the QT that he had hit someone?

Just a thought.

It's been said that the road was scraped only a few days after Sandy went missing.

What if she was hit while walking down the road by a vehicle that tried to stop but skidded on the sand on the road.

Would there be a liability issue there if the road should have been scraped earlier but hadn't been?

And could the road have been scraped quickly because someone reported on the QT that he had hit someone?

I don't think that anyone could report hitting anyone on the QT. That would actually be a hit and run situation. If someone hit her by skidding on sand, they still hit her and are still responsible. They shoulld stopped and rendered aid. And reported it so help cold come to her. Fault would later be determined in a court of law later as to it being road conditions. IMO

I don't think that anyone could report hitting anyone on the QT. That would actually be a hit and run situation. If someone hit her by skidding on sand, they still hit her and are still responsible. They shoulld stopped and rendered aid. And reported it so help cold come to her. Fault would later be determined in a court of law later as to it being road conditions. IMO

Yes, I think it unlikely, but it was chain of thought and speculation that started at Point A and meandered to Point B.

I think it more likely that if someone hit her and was driving large 4x4 with bull bars or similar, that they would not have reported the accident if there was no obvious damage to their own vehicle.

So I guess this case is over. Sandy had been found, looks like no foul play, yet we don't have a COD yet. No suspects, no smoking gun. The car is gone, so no more forensics out of that. She got buried by a sand scraper.

The whole thing just seemed so avoidable. Be it dying from heat exhaustion or a
Heart attack, Sandy is gone and her family has answers, they have her back. It's just a sad case that really affected me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back