GUILTY CA - Sarah Douglas, 26, murdered in her Elk Grove home, 1 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It isn't exactly a busy part of town, maybe lots of car traffic, but you are right in a sense, lots of people around that campus.

My other big Hmmm on this case... police said he did not have his guns. They acted so nonchalant about it, like it was no biggy. So where are his guns if they weren't on him and weren't in his house/etc???

I guess Fleming could have just been lucky on not being identified... still seems odd to me. But the guns are somewhere and maybe with someone.

I'd like to see pics of where exactly he claims he was hiding. Elk Grove is not the most bushy place around :(
Me too! One of the articles mentioned "Elk Grove Woods". Know where that is?

Me too! One of the articles mentioned "Elk Grove Woods". Know where that is?

Uhm, I don't think there is such a place, at least not named that.:floorlaugh:

Seriously, I don't recall any real woods around there.... but we noticed last time through that the borders go into the hinterlands (farmland) a ways, I remember commenting on it going East. There are areas of Sac that seem to have a lot more vegetation...much of Elk Grove sprouted up in recent decades with a lot of small McMansion type houses, small yards.

The truck was found about here

Apricot Woods Way and Black Kite Drive, Elk Grove

If you look at the map in satellite view, there does seem to be a strip of bushes/greenway.

He was found "at a bus stop in Elk Grove (near Cosumnes River College), not far from where he abandoned his Cal Fire truck". Uhm, Google says those two are about 1.25-1.5 hours apart by foot.

I might be miscalculating, but from where his truck was found, don't think there are any thrift stores close either - maybe 1.25 hour walk. The Goodwills appear to all be donation stations.

Uhm, I don't think there is such a place, at least not named that.:floorlaugh:

Seriously, I don't recall any real woods around there.... but we noticed last time through that the borders go into the hinterlands (farmland) a ways, I remember commenting on it going East. There are areas of Sac that seem to have a lot more vegetation...much of Elk Grove sprouted up in recent decades with a lot of small McMansion type houses, small yards.

The truck was found about here

Apricot Woods Way and Black Kite Drive, Elk Grove

If you look at the map in satellite view, there does seem to be a strip of bushes/greenway.

He was found "at a bus stop in Elk Grove (near Cosumnes River College), not far from where he abandoned his Cal Fire truck". Uhm, Google says those two are about 1.25-1.5 hours apart by foot.
Wow that's brazen! to be hiding just feet away from homes. And I yeah I know about the McMansions. We stayed in one a few years ago with friends of family while visiting. They needed the yard for their huge Great Danes.

This is such an odd case. Sheriff Jones said he thinks the crime was 'reactive'; that he doesn't think Fleming necessarily went to the home to kill Sarah.

That doesn't gel with what her sister described hearing during the phone call to Sarah though.

In the video at the link, Fleming's sister in law says his personality changed drastically over the last two years.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/lo...fire-battalion-chief-arrested-murder/9182071/

Elk Grove Woods exists on google maps and google+

ysabada4.jpg

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/local/113201134763412508290/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

https://maps.google.com/maps/myplac...wUm7ptjJrvxfvI51gqM&vps=1&ui=maps_mini&num=10

:waitasec:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Thank you... I looked, but I am having a low batting average on this case :(

Is Elk Grove Woods just the name of a housing development then?
https://plus.google.com/113201134763412508290/about?gl=us&hl=en

Seems 'Elk Grove Woods' is about 3 miles from Apricot Woods Way and Black Kite Drive, Elk Grove

It appears there is a Goodwill store also in or near Elk Grove as they showed it on Channel 13 last night and said he went there. I'm having trouble finding an actual store in Elk Grove per http://www.goodwill.org, but it either exists or he went to one in S. Sac?

Also, they interviewed a guy who was near the bus stop when Fleming was taken into custody... right across from a shopping strip mall. I'm having a difficult time reconciling that with the Consumnes location... maybe it was just the Consumnes bus or something?

They also showed a thick patch of woods (maybe thick smaller trees and lots of heavy brush) and talked with the neighbors where the vehicle was located. Not exactly sure if that was the real 'woods/bush' he was under or not or they were just filming something in the area or just showing what it might be.

This is such an odd case. Sheriff Jones said he thinks the crime was 'reactive'; that he doesn't think Fleming necessarily went to the home to kill Sarah.

That doesn't gel with what her sister described hearing during the phone call to Sarah though.

In the video at the link, Fleming's sister in law says his personality changed drastically over the last two years.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/lo...fire-battalion-chief-arrested-murder/9182071/

Yeah, I don't know either... it sounded like they had some major stuff going on. I don't really like the way they are portraying him, it seems sort of sympathetic..

"He did the fleeing equivalent of curling up in the fetal position and just hunkering down," Jones said.
Fleming also didn't look to me like he hadn't eaten in days, "Fleming told detectives that he hadn't eaten for days", nor like he had been out in the elements for that long, living in a canal... but, whatever!

Yeah, I don't know either... it sounded like they had some major stuff going on. I don't really like the way they are portraying him, it seems sort of sympathetic..

Fleming also didn't look to me like he hadn't eaten in days, "Fleming told detectives that he hadn't eaten for days", nor like he had been out in the elements for that long, living in a canal... but, whatever!

living in a canal that conveniently supplies razors because that man had shaved!:floorlaugh:

thank god he stayed nearby and confessed because i'm not at all sure these keystone kops could have closed this case:facepalm:

thanks for the great updates sleuthers:seeya:

living in a canal that conveniently supplies razors because that man had shaved!:floorlaugh:

thank god he stayed nearby and confessed because i'm not at all sure these keystone kops could have closed this case:facepalm:

thanks for the great updates sleuthers:seeya:

Yeah, and some magical water source to boot! Unless he was drinking from residents hoses.

http://fox40.com/2014/05/17/elk-grove-citizens-perplexed-by-orville-flemings-hideout/
But Fleming may have been on the move somewhat during the day.
After showing Fleming’s picture to employees at this nearby McDonalds, several said off camera they remembered Fleming eating there, and that he once left his cell phone, before returning back to get it.
:rolleyes:

Uh, somewhat? I'd love to see a map of the places he was seen and the ones mentioned in the media.

The Sacramento Sheriff’s Department says Fleming is talking to detectives, and is set to go to trial on Tuesday.
I'm thinking plea deal, no trial, but who knows!

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/05/17/orville-fleming-how-a-murder-suspect-hid-in-plain-sight/
Zack Clark, a worker in the shopping center near where Fleming was finally caught, watched as the murder suspect was detained Friday.

“He got off the bus right here and then he was actually sitting there for a couple minutes. Someone noticed him,” Clark said. “The officials came and he was actually going to walk across the street. I guess he noticed the officials coming towards him.”

I am thinking plea deal as well and with note to LEO word choice in their statements , I am guessing with good behavior he'll be out by his 60th birthday. It will be her family and son who suffer a life sentence without her.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It isn't exactly a busy part of town, maybe lots of car traffic, but you are right in a sense, lots of people around that campus.

My other big Hmmm on this case... police said he did not have his guns. They acted so nonchalant about it, like it was no biggy. So where are his guns if they weren't on him and weren't in his house/etc???

I guess Fleming could have just been lucky on not being identified... still seems odd to me. But the guns are somewhere and maybe with someone.

I'd like to see pics of where exactly he claims he was hiding. Elk Grove is not the most bushy place around :(

It's actually not that uncommon. We all think we are aware. But unless we see someone that we actually know we don't even process other people unless they are doing something to stand out.

The next time you go into a public store, when you come out and sit in your car take a moment. Think about how many people you saw. How many could you recognise? How many can you describe? When you get home see if you can describe the clerk that waited on you.

Also when you consider the fact that no one thought he was still in the area. Media was pushing the possibility that he was in the mountains. LE mentioned that his appearance may have changed. So many if they thought they recognized him would be so unsure that they would probably convince themselves that they were wrong and it was just someone who resembled him.

After showing Fleming’s picture to employees at this nearby McDonalds, several said off camera they remembered Fleming eating there, and that he once left his cell phone, before returning back to get it.

Read more: http://fox40.com/2014/05/17/elk-grove-citizens-perplexed-by-orville-flemings-hideout/

Very interesting that he left his cell phone - the bushes he hid in must be special with electrical outlets to charge it! What? No way I am buying this story that he didn't have help! Clean shaven mug shot too? He's just not saying, naturally.

It's actually not that uncommon. We all think we are aware. But unless we see someone that we actually know we don't even process other people unless they are doing something to stand out.

The next time you go into a public store, when you come out and sit in your car take a moment. Think about how many people you saw. How many could you recognise? How many can you describe? When you get home see if you can describe the clerk that waited on you.

Also when you consider the fact that no one thought he was still in the area. Media was pushing the possibility that he was in the mountains. LE mentioned that his appearance may have changed. So many if they thought they recognized him would be so unsure that they would probably convince themselves that they were wrong and it was just someone who resembled him.

Yeah, I get it... but the deal is probably that they didn't make sure people in the area 1.) knew what he looked like via posters, and, 2.) didn't put any focus on the possibility he cold still be in the area. Still not understanding how the dogs came up empty, but I'm no expert in that area. From everything I'm reading, it sounds like this guy was all over the place within about a 3 mile area in his 16-17 days of hiding!

Read more: http://fox40.com/2014/05/17/elk-grove-citizens-perplexed-by-orville-flemings-hideout/

Very interesting that he left his cell phone - the bushes he hid in must be special with electrical outlets to charge it! What? No way I am buying this story that he didn't have help! Clean shaven mug shot too? He's just not saying, naturally.

He hadn't eaten for days, but he managed to shave, right!

He hadn't eaten for days, but he managed to shave, right!
Could've purchased disposable (think Bic non-electric) razors at the thrift store, and shaved in the bathroom at McDonald's, or still used the outlets in the bathroom and shaved there. McDonald's is also how he stayed hydrated I'm guessing. I'm just surprised noone in the neighborhood spotted him sleeping in the bushes and the scent dogs didn't find him.

Could've purchased disposable (think Bic non-electric) razors at the thrift store, and shaved in the bathroom at McDonald's, or still used the outlets in the bathroom and shaved there. McDonald's is also how he stayed hydrated I'm guessing. I'm just surprised noone in the neighborhood spotted him sleeping in the bushes and the scent dogs didn't find him.

Yeah, I agree about the razors/shaving... but it looks like he shaved within a day or two (he had a pretty heavy mustache to me). Although he had to still travel a ways to get the the nearest McDonalds it looks. Wonder if he used his phone!

Do they usually do a booking photo straight away or would they have let him clean up and have a shave at the police station? There doesn't seem to be any photo of him when he was arrested. JMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson
Back