GUILTY CA - Sebhrenah Wesson, 25, & 8 children murdered, Fresno, 12 March 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The most puzzling aspect of this case is how do you kill 9 people without a struggle? Apart from the youngest victims, how to you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger without the rest fighting for their lives and overtaking the killer?

Rumor has it that the killings were ritualistic - one shot apiece through the eyeball.

Article in today's Bee contains interview with Marcus Wesson's mother. She seems like a truly decent person. Unlike the Peterson clan, she isn't trying to defend his actions, but still comes across as a truly caring parent.
http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/8305093p-9146589c.html
If Marcus is guilty, I would really feel disappointed in my country if it didn't make him face the penalty," his mother said.

"But I'm a biblical person, too, and I don't believe in capital punishment.

"What I would like for Marcus to do is sit in prison and think about what he's done and read the Bible. I think he will come back. Spiritually, he will come back. Because I want to see my son in heaven someday," she said, sobbing.

I feel so sad for her.

Pepper said:
The most puzzling aspect of this case is how do you kill 9 people without a struggle? Apart from the youngest victims, how to you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger without the rest fighting for their lives and overtaking the killer?

Rumor has it that the killings were ritualistic - one shot apiece through the eyeball.

Article in today's Bee contains interview with Marcus Wesson's mother. She seems like a truly decent person. Unlike the Peterson clan, she isn't trying to defend his actions, but still comes across as a truly caring parent.
http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/8305093p-9146589c.html
If Marcus is guilty, I would really feel disappointed in my country if it didn't make him face the penalty," his mother said.

"But I'm a biblical person, too, and I don't believe in capital punishment.

"What I would like for Marcus to do is sit in prison and think about what he's done and read the Bible. I think he will come back. Spiritually, he will come back. Because I want to see my son in heaven someday," she said, sobbing.

I feel so sad for her.
Oh Wow Pepper, thanks for passing that along. That goes right to the heart doesn't it.

I agree with LP Moderator, ElleKaye, and Mindy. I don't see where the police could have known or predicted what happened when they answered the call.

WhiteWolf said:
I agree with LP Moderator, ElleKaye, and Mindy. I don't see where the police could have known or predicted what happened when they answered the call.
I'm not blaming the police either. I am just sure that the City of Fresno will be faced with a big lawsuit and they will end up paying millions to the surviving mothers of the murdered children. That's just the way our justice system works, especially in California!

Based on today's stories, Wesson is probably a genius. Sounds like the Vietnam war changed him.

More from the previously linked story:

In his teenage years, her son began to build all sorts of motorized vehicles out of shopping carts and scrap metal. One caught the eye of an engineering professor at Stanford, she said.

During the Vietnam War, Wesson was stationed in Germany and came home with a different political outlook, she said.

"We always liked nice things, nice furniture, but Marcus said we were too materialistic. He got married and kind of dropped out," she recalled. "I wouldn't say he became a hippie, but he had some of that hippie lifestyle."

Wesson children shot in the face
Coroner reveals cause of death in seven cases on death certificates.

By Pablo Lopez
The Fresno Bee

(Updated Tuesday, March 23, 2004, 9:14 AM)

Seven children of accused killer Marcus Wesson were shot in the face March 12, and death occurred within minutes, death certificates made public Monday showed.

The certificates, which ruled each death a homicide, are key evidence against Wesson, who is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday on charges of murdering nine of his children. He has yet to secure an attorney.

Filed with the Fresno County Department of Health, the certificates are for Sebhrenah April Wesson, 25; Elizabeth Breani Kina Wesson, 17; Illabelle Carrie Wesson, 8; Ethan St. Laurent Wesson, 4; Sedona Vadra Wesson, 11/2; Marshey St. Christopher Wesson, 11/2; and Jeva St. Vladensvspry Wesson, 1.

They will be cremated Wednesday at Belmont Memorial Park in Fresno, and their ashes will be turned over to their families.

Death certificates for Aviv Dominique Wesson and Johnathon St. Charles Wesson, both 7, have not yet been filed. For six of the seven victims, the certificates said, the immediate cause of death was "perforation of brain" caused by a gunshot wound to the face; Illabelle died of a "contusion of the brain" after being shot in the face.--->>

Dyer said, "We have always said Wesson was responsible for all nine murders. But we also left open the possibility that someone else is involved."

Robert Hensel, Fresno County chief deputy coroner, said the victims were all shot...on March 12, but he could not pinpoint the time of death. --->>

Coroner Loralee Cervantes said it's nearly impossible to establish the exact time of death in most cases. She said pathologist Venu Gopal, who performed all nine autopsies, will give his opinion and a timeline of when he believes the victims died when Wesson is tried in court.--->>

Bee staff writers Matt Leedy and Marc Benjamin contributed to this story. The reporters can be reached at mleedy@fresnobee.com, mbenjamin@fresnobee.com, plopez@fresnobee.com or 441-6330.

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/8323175p-9158066c.html

its obvious their was dissention in the group and factions had formed amongst the women, so he felt there was only one way for him to maintain control of the household.

Toth said:
its obvious their was dissention in the group and factions had formed amongst the women, so he felt there was only one way for him to maintain control of the household.

I often wonder what goes on in your home Toth. You have a unique way of thinking.

Marcus Wesson's children defend father after he pleads innocent to murder charges
Friday, March 26, 2004
(03-26) 09:37 PST FRESNO, Calif. (AP) --
Marcus Wesson's daughter and son defended their father and expressed their love for him moments after the murder suspect pleaded innocent to charges of killing nine of his children.
"Nobody knows Marcus," said Kiani Wesson, Wesson's daughter and mother of two of the slain children, outside the Fresno County courtroom where her father was arraigned Thursday on charges that could lead to the death penalty .
"I just wish everyone would stop telling lies out there," the 26-year-old said. "We're dealing with a man's life."
Kiani Wesson said her uncle Miguel Solorio should, "Stop saying false statements and accusations until he's acquainted with the full facts."
--->>

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2004/03/26/state1237EST0056.DTL

LovelyPigeon said:
Marcus Wesson's daughter and son defended their father and expressed their love for him.
Yes, LP. We know the daughters expressed their love for him. Thats the problem!

BirdieBoo said:
The police were NOT made aware that Wesson had a gun.

Also, as far as officer safety being most important, that is how police work is done. If officer safety was not paramount, we would have no police officers, because they would all be killed when confronted with their first potentially deadly situation.

It's not negligence, its what's more commonly known as "good police work".

Officers are risking their lives every day on the streets so that many of us can live the lifestyle we are accustomed to, they and their families make sacrifices to do so. I wish more people would recognize that fact, instead of just blaming the police when a situation turns tragic, like this one. The police are not to blame here. Blame the sicko who did it, not those who protect us.

ClapSmiley.gif

Very well said, BirdieBoo! I remember feeling sad that the police couldn't help the pizza delivery guy that had the bomb strapped to him - but they have to ensure their own safety as well as those around them first and foremost. I think LE, in general, does an incredible job. I'm sure there are some bad cops out there, just like there are bad people in other occupations. Instead of trying to put responsibility on other people's shoulders - let's put it back on the suspected criminal - Wesson himself!

pilots do an excellent job too, but we hold them accountable for their actions just the same.

http://fresnobee.com/local/story/8411097p-9241765c.html
"The man accused of Fresno's worst mass murder also sexually abused six girls who once lived with him, prosecutors alleged Wednesday.

During a 14-year period, Marcus Wesson abused the girls -- five who were younger than 14 at the time -- according to new charges filed by the Fresno County District Attorney's Office.

Prosecutors added 33 counts of sexual abuse Wednesday to the nine murder charges Wesson faces for allegedly gunning down his children March 12.

Wesson, 57, was in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing on murder charges that could lead to the death penalty.

The case was delayed until today, when Fresno County Judge Lawrence Jones is again expected to grapple with Wesson's right to a timely hearing and his attorney's complaints that prosecutors have been slow to turn over evidence.

At the hearing, Jones will decide whether there is enough evidence for a trial

You know, other adults HAD to know what was going on there all those years. How come something can't be done to prosecute adults who knowingly allow children to be raped over and over? :banghead:

Agree LP.

Apparently this hearing is ongoing.

http://fresnobee.com/home/story/8411606p-9242223c.html

"Detective Carlos Leal Jr. testified today in Wesson's preliminary hearing that one of Wesson's daughters said Wesson delivered a sermon and also repeated the suicide order every day since 1995. The 20-year-old daughter said family members were told to kill the young children and themselves if Child Protective Services workers or police officers ever interfered with the family, Leal said."

I hope this doesn't cloud the issue that Wesson is the one responsible.

Thanks. If he directed one of the children to kill the others and then he killed that person, he's the one that's directly responsible for it all. Is that what you mean?

LP Moderator said:
Thanks. If he directed one of the children to kill the others and then he killed that person, he's the one that's directly responsible for it all. Is that what you mean?
Perhaps what was meant was that those women who stayed in the household knew what would happen if CPS or police ever showed up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs
Back