GUILTY CA - Shaun, 6, & Delylah Tara, 3, dead, 9 yr old tortured, Redding, 27 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Thank you Jane Doe. Your strength is as great as the ocean....
You are the most amazing big sister in the world....

088dcf50492c08e3e6146a2753420156.jpg

image via ksbw.com link BUF posted above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When this story first broke, I remember thinking "meth." I figured that's what turned the adults into monsters, and why quality of life in the house took such an abrupt nosedive. But drugs were never mentioned at the trial, and so I guess it turns out they were just plain evil. But am I the only one who got a meth vibe initially?

The sentencing of Tami Huntsman, who pleaded guilty in February to two counts of first-degree murder along with torture, child abuse and other charges was continued from Wednesday to May 18.

According to a document filed in court Friday by prosecutor Steve Somers titled “Opposition to ‘implied’ motion to continue sentencing date,” the Monterey County District Attorney’s Office received a memo from the county Probation Department indicating Huntsman’s counsel refused to have their client meet with probation because the defendant wasn’t ready and wanted to delay her sentencing.
The document goes on to explain how the Huntsman defense team has “chronically delayed these proceedings costing the taxpayers a fortune in billed hours.” In addition to cost to the taxpayers, Somers wrote the defense did not file a motion that would allow the prosecution a chance to let the family of the victims know about a change in the sentencing, noting the victim’s grandmother took a month off of work to attend the trial and a continuance might make her unable to attend the sentencing as originally planned.

http://www.montereyherald.com/article/NF/20180425/NEWS/180429894

shoulda known she wouldn't keep her word. vermin is what she is.

The sentencing of Tami Huntsman, who pleaded guilty in February to two counts of first-degree murder along with torture, child abuse and other charges was continued from Wednesday to May 18.

According to a document filed in court Friday by prosecutor Steve Somers titled “Opposition to ‘implied’ motion to continue sentencing date,” the Monterey County District Attorney’s Office received a memo from the county Probation Department indicating Huntsman’s counsel refused to have their client meet with probation because the defendant wasn’t ready and wanted to delay her sentencing.
The document goes on to explain how the Huntsman defense team has “chronically delayed these proceedings costing the taxpayers a fortune in billed hours.” In addition to cost to the taxpayers, Somers wrote the defense did not file a motion that would allow the prosecution a chance to let the family of the victims know about a change in the sentencing, noting the victim’s grandmother took a month off of work to attend the trial and a continuance might make her unable to attend the sentencing as originally planned.

http://www.montereyherald.com/article/NF/20180425/NEWS/180429894

this was from last year, but interesting. she filed a claim against Monterey co for not giving her a c section on demand and not letting her see her newborn.

Oh my, I found this lengthly article about Huntsman and the baby. I hope this poor child can have a happy healthy life away from any of these two and their families. This has cost tax payers a fortune.

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com...cle_eb446a46-f0b8-11e7-8e94-ab517119b4d3.html

The county’s response paints Huntsman’s life as a slow-motion domestic horror show, one that includes a history of arrests for possession of meth with her then-3-year-old daughter in the car in 1998, arrests for driving a getaway car in a burglary with the same daughter in the car, and 53 referrals to social services within Huntsman’s family in San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Riverside and Monterey counties.
The foster family who took Huntsman’s baby in has begun the process of adopting her. They faced a hitch when it was discovered that Huntsman’s likely father is a registered member of the Cherokee Nation, which means Huntsman has Cherokee heritage as well, according to the brief filed by the county.

The Cherokee Nation intervenes in cases where babies with Cherokee heritage are adopted into white families and tries to ensure placement with families of Cherokee heritage. The social worker sent notice to three federally recognized Cherokee tribes in June; the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians and the United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians indicated the baby was not a Cherokee child.
What the Sixth District will do is anyone’s guess. They could opt to do nothing, meaning the baby’s current foster family will move forward with the process of adoption. They could find Huntsman received inadequate counsel, and still opt to do nothing as far as the baby’s placement. Or they could overturn Lavorato’s decision and order a re-hearing while providing him direction on how he should handle it, making the baby’s future family less clear.

Huntsman sentenced to life in prison for murder, torture of children

A woman who, along with her teen lover, tortured and killed children at a Salinas home was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, or ability to appeal, on Friday.

Prosecutor Steve Somers said that while they "never wavered in our belief that she deserved the death penalty and still does," it's unlikely that Huntsman would ever be executed and a death penalty sentence would have resulted in "interminable appeals."

"Ultimately the victims wanted closure. They wanted this thing to come to an end and the last thing we get with the death penalty is closure," he said.

http://www.ksbw.com/article/tami-huntsman-cries-as-she-is-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/20749311

A 9-year-old sibling who survived the horrific child abuse wrote a letter to the court forgiving her aunt.

“It’s not good to dislike someone for a long time. So at this time I would love to say I forgive Tami Huntsman and Gonzo (Gonzalo) Curiel for their actions,” wrote Jane Doe, who is now 12 years old.

"I wanted my sister and brother to know what life meant. Not the meaning of being hurt, sad, and killed. What I miss about Shaun was his (style), laugh, character, and his man walk, plus he was smart. He was the best brother I could have. He would never let me down," Jane Doe wrote. "(Delylah) was the prettiest sister I ever seen."

Gonzalo Curiel is currently scheduled to be sentenced on June 29th.

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/blogs/news_blog/tami-huntsman-is-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-killing/article_7dcdf46e-5ad5-11e8-9481-cf6f7e2dc364.html

Gonzalo Curiel sentenced to life in prison for torture, murder of children

A 20-year-old Salinas man received two life sentences for starving and torturing three young children with his former lover, killing two of them, in 2015.

"The beatings, starvings, efforts to exert authority and control are really reflective of a ruthlessness that is rarely seen," said Monterey County Superior Court Judge Pamela Butler as she sentenced Gonzalo Curiel. "... You should never get out of state prison."

Though Curiel was sentenced to life without parole, recent legislation means he will have a parole hearing after serving 25 years behind bars because he was under 18 when the murders were committed, Somers said.

Butler acknowledged this in her sentencing of Curiel but stressed that his crimes warranted a lifetime behind bars.

"The only just sentence is you spend the rest of your life in prison," Butler said. "That is justice. Nothing less would be justice for... these children."

Gonzalo Curiel sentenced to life in prison for murder of two children found in Redding storage unit

In a letter read before the sentencing by Christi Gunter, who investigated the case for the Monterey County District Attorney’s Office, Jane Doe said the abuse and torture she endured was the worst thing she could have experienced. Yet she forgave Curiel and Huntsman for their actions.

“I would like to inform that it was very sad for me to hear that my siblings, Shaun and Delylah, have passed away,” she wrote. “Especially when I was in the hospital, which was not good news for me to hear.”

According to Somers, Jane Doe underwent her second jaw surgery last month. Her jaw was broken and healed improperly while she was in the care of Curiel and Huntsman.

Somers said he spoke with Jane Doe a couple of days ago and she’s doing well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back