GUILTY Ca - Shauna Haynes, 21, Found In Suitcase, San Diego, 6 April 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the link. When she speaks of adrenalin shots is she talking about those little bottles/shots of caffeine or actual injectible adrenalin shots? I've never heard of that.

I hope not. Even misusing something as simple as an epi-pen it can cause arrhythmias, heart attack or stroke. That risk is lower than the risk of death from anaphylaxis but too risky for a simple boost of energy.

Has it been reported when was the last time she was seen alive, by whom, and where? Was she noticed to be missing by family or work?

IIRC, LE said she died within a week of discovery - did they say that because of the state of her body or perhaps there was some evidence in the suitcase that was current to the past week?

I'm also curious about how they identified her. They seemed to know her name and age rather quickly and I wonder how they knew.

Have I missed any coverage on these questions? If so, please clue me in.

I wondered about those little bottled shots too, but still the reference to heroin doesn't make sense. Those little drinks are stimulants, like caffeine mega-doses. Heroin is not. It is quite the opposite.

The only reason the discussion about drugs is relevant is because it could be related to how she knew her killer or died. More info about COD etc might clear that up for us.

I'm unsure how she meant it because many opiate users also snort coke to offset the depressant effect of the heroin. IMO.
I can't find any energy drinks referred to as shots of adrenalin. Yet.

Remember in Pulp Fiction when Uma got an adrenaline shot for heroin overdose?
I have no idea if that's complete fiction though.

Wow. That's exactly what it sounds like she meant?

Ok I remember in pulp fiction when Uma Thurman overdosed went into cardiac arrest they gave her an adrenaline shot into the heart which I believe is Epinephrine. Shauna says thank god for adrenalin shots *advertiser censored** heroin. I wonder if she OD'd before???

Maybe this did happen and he panicked as he was on probation. PD charged him with murder but that was because she was thrown in the trash in a suitcase. Could just be the initial charge until further investigation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-a...cardiac-arrest-may-cause-more-harm-than-good/

Wow. That's exactly what it sounds like she meant?

It can be deadly.
Narcan is available for exactly that reason and anyone can get a kit for it now. All paramedics and fire responders have it. You can get your own from many pharmacy and clinics.
It immediately blocks the opioid receptors where epinephrine does not. Epinephrine (adrenalin) is a hormone that will raise the heartbeat but won't reverse the CNS depressant effect of the opiate.

If she got that idea from Pulp Fiction - or anyone - and thinks pulp fiction was not fiction...I don't know what to say, LOL :scared:

ETA ; http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...n-addict-back-life-overdose-article-1.1506518

He didn't call 911 if this was an overdose or medical emergency.
It's her being put in the suitcase and left in the trash that is his big mistake.
Sadly, it'd be just another death or murder If she was found laying someplace.
Was he just scared she died unexpectedly or did he kill her?

correct, epinephrine would not be the preferred way to handle a heroin OD, Narcan is much better for that. But I do wonder if the post could have been a reference to the movie scene. She refers a lot to bands, lyrics, etc so maybe movies too?

To make an arrest and charge with murder within 48 hours of her body being discovered, I'm convinced that LE has what they need to support that. SDPD is not perfect by a long shot, but in general they are not known for hasty or sloppy arrests.

In fact, we're STILL waiting on them to pick up Anna Hernandez's killer (s).

He didn't call 911 if this was an overdose or medical emergency.
It's her being put in the suitcase and left in the trash that is his big mistake.
Sadly, it'd be just another death or murder If she was found laying someplace.
Was he just scared she died unexpectedly or did he kill her?

This sounds about right. JP was already in trouble with the law so if she did die of an overdose he knew his goose was cooked either way. My BIL is a retired ER DR. He said he can't count the numerous times in his career people drop their OD'd friend, acquaintance, lover, family member near the ER curb, or entrance and speed off. Some had already been deceased before they can save them. Some friends huh?

I bet LE has some CCTV footage from Chadwick of him and that's how they were able to make a fairly quick arrest.

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Booking Nbr: 16121870 Last Name: PALMER First Name: JOSHUA
Middle Name: M Sex: M Race/Ethnicity: W
Date of Birth: 10/17/1983 Age: 32 Hair: BRO
Eyes: GRN Height: 5' 10" Weight: 185 lbs.
HOUSING LOCATION
Facility: San Diego Central Jail Area/Housing Unit: 4/D
Address: 1173 Front Street City: San Diego

ARREST INFORMATION
Arrest Agency: San Diego Police Department Date Booked: 04/08/2016 Time Booked: 17:50:46
Bail Information
Not Eligible For Release, No Bail
RELEASE
Sentenced?: No
Projected Release Date:
CASE / CHARGE INFORMATION
Case # Arr Chg Code Section Code Description *CL Court Court Date Time *ROC Bail Amount
1 1 187(A) PC MURDER:FIRST DEGREE F SDF 04/12/2016 13:30 Arraign

Above from SD Sheriff's SDsheriff.net

correct, epinephrine would not be the preferred way to handle a heroin OD, Narcan is much better for that. But I do wonder if the post could have been a reference to the movie scene. She refers a lot to bands, lyrics, etc so maybe movies too?

I think that's exactly what she was referring to. She likes older movies and older music too!
In fact I don't see any real indication on her FB that she was into drugs herself.

MOO

ETA Can someone please point me to where we find that JP was in trouble with LE before this? Missed it on my end.

This sounds about right. JP was already in trouble with the law so if she did die of an overdose he knew his goose was cooked either way. My BIL is a retired ER DR. He said he can't count the numerous times in his career people drop their OD'd friend, acquaintance, lover, family member near the ER curb, or entrance and speed off. Some had already been deceased before they can save them. Some friends huh?

I bet LE has some CCTV footage from Chadwick of him and that's how they were able to make a fairly quick arrest.

The OD theory does not jive with first degree murder charges, imo. I do hope they have cctv!

The OD theory does not jive with first degree murder charges, imo. I do hope they have cctv!

I'm in OC CA usually they overcharge in the beginning in order to keep suspect in jail with no bail until ME completes report and LE investigation is completed or they have more details. If he was out he could tamper with and hide evidence. They wouldn't charge manslaughter or second degree this soon since she was found in the suitcase which appears a first degree homicide. They can lower or add more charges as more info comes in. He could even be let go if not enough evidence to hold him.

Who knows maybe during interrogation he confessed but believe you me some high profile defense attorney is already there trying to get him off. According to his FB seems he has a few siblings and possibly a close family.

The Cause of Death is the main thing now. Camera footage would help support he, most likely, was the one who put her in the suitcase and trash, with evidence to support that. How she died is the most important factor. Murder in the First Degree doesn't sound accidental or like a drug overdose.

I think he did dispose of the body right away in a state of panic. He didn't take the time to worry about her hair hanging out of the zipper of the suitcase. Surprised he didn't make a run for it across the border.

I guess we don't want to believe he hurt her. It's more disturbing to think he killed her and then put her in the trash like that.

The Cause of Death is the main thing now. Camera footage would help support he, most likely, was the one who put her in the suitcase and trash, with evidence to support that. How she died is the most important factor. Murder in the First Degree doesn't sound accidental or like a drug overdose.

I think he did dispose of the body right away in a state of panic. He didn't take the time to worry about her hair hanging out of the zipper of the suitcase. Surprised he didn't make a run for it across the border.

I guess we don't want to believe he hurt her. It's more disturbing to think he killed her and then put her in the trash like that.

I think he was charged with first degree murder because of the surrounding circumstances she was found in a suitcase in the trash until that have completed their investigation and have ME reports etc. this way he's kept behind bars without bail.

In CA first degree means it was premeditated or planned. Lying in wait could be a death penalty case. I really don't feel this monster planned it or he would have done a much better job of hiding her body. I'm sure both were highly intoxicated from drinking which escalates tempers and jealousy. He's probably a woman abuser and has anger management issues.

I'm sure they had a dysfunctional relationship. Drinking and fighting don't mix especially if you throw drugs in the mix. I have a feeling he strangled her which a defense attorney would probably go for a 2nd degree. Heat of passion. They will probably get a mental evaluation and this will drag on and on for a few years since CA unless he takes a guilty plea agreement which I highly doubt. He comes across as being narcissistic from people that knew him.

She must have been a tiny little girl to have fit in that suitcase. If rig had set in it would not have been easy to unfold her. It makes me sick thinking about this. Poor girl. RIP Shauna

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/california-law/california-first-degree-murder-laws.html

I think he was charged with first degree murder because of the surrounding circumstances she was found in a suitcase in the trash until that have completed their investigation and have ME reports etc. this way he's kept behind bars without bail.

In CA first degree means it was premeditated or planned. Lying in wait could be a death penalty case. I really don't feel this monster planned it or he would have done a much better job of hiding her body. I'm sure both were highly intoxicated from drinking which escalates tempers and jealousy. He's probably a woman abuser and has anger management issues.

I'm sure they had a dysfunctional relationship. Drinking and fighting don't mix especially if you throw drugs in the mix. I have a feeling he strangled her which a defense attorney would probably go for a 2nd degree. Heat of passion. They will probably get a mental evaluation and this will drag on and on for a few years since CA unless he takes a guilty plea agreement which I highly doubt. He comes across as being narcissistic from people that knew him.

She must have been a tiny little girl to have fit in that suitcase. If rig had set in it would not have been easy to unfold her. It makes me sick thinking about this. Poor girl. RIP Shauna

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/california-law/california-first-degree-murder-laws.html

Another mind reader is roaming my brain!
I was just thinking-- he strangled her.
No knife, IMO, as the suitcase didn't seem to be bloody.

I also agree that drinking and fighting, and maybe drugs thrown in made it get out of control.
Ditto - he did not have a plan to kill her. There doesn't even seem to be any motive for that.
I'm not sure he's been in any relationships or had any prior domestic violence type issues.
You're probably right that the 1st degree Murder charge will be reduced eventually, but
like I said before, it was putting her in the suitcase and the trash that makes this more heinous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back