GUILTY Ca - Shauna Haynes, 21, Found In Suitcase, San Diego, 6 April 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmmm I wonder why LE hasn't released if she was found clothed or not. I researched it but couldn't find anything. Anyone with this info?

Isn't Palmer supposed to be arraigned today?

I thought so. I tried to find it on the court calendar last night but it wasn't listed.

We know he's going to plead not guilty. Still can't find him on today's calendar. Strange. Maybe it was one of those jailhouse video arraignments instead of going into the courtroom.

I understand that. I just know in CA specifically they try to wait to arrest when they have something that can stick or else the perp gets out on a 2 day no complaint filed. but there has been many a time when they could get a lesser charge to stick even when the big one wouldn't.

Yes I know but what I'm saying is since he was just arrested and the investigation is new and isn't completed nor ME report in normal to charge murder one at this point even if it ends up being a manslaughter or 2nd. Because of how she was found I can see how they charged murder one these charges will likely change, more charges are less charges. Case is too new until they have more evidence and reports they can lower or add more charges. By charging this even if it's not murder one KEEPS him in jail with no bond for now.

They don't even know how she died yet. NG show just had a piece on this. They can charge anything they want at this point but making charges stick is another story unless they have all the goods on this creep which I'm hoping they do.

Is anyone following the case in Seattle? A woman was found dismembered in a recycling bin and found by someone who noticed the bin was heavier than it should be when he carted it from the curb. (Thank goodness Shauna wasn't found dismembered in the suitcase.)

I don't think the two cases are connected at all, but can't help but wonder if the Seattle case is a copycat?? The Seattle case thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...unsaville-Lyne-40-Seattle-8-April-2016-ARREST

Just thinking aloud...maybe over-thinking...

:eek: I feel mentally fragile after checking out that other case you mentioned about dear Ingrid. It too much for me right after dealing with this case. Seriously, I'm screaming and crying inside. :eek:verreaction:

:eek:hdear: Ingrid's killer is only being charged with 2nd degree Murder? I don't believe much in copycats suddenly getting the idea, but that some have that fantasy and warped desire growing inside them...especially think Ingrid's killer did. I'm not sure yet what to make of Joshua and what his history will reveal.

Be back later. I figure the news will tell us what happened at JP's arraignment.

:Over reaction:Darn it, I didn't get out the door before I saw your post. I am going inside my car to scream now. :Over reaction:

I know how you feel. Be careful. I think we all suspected this. He can wipe that big grin off his smug face because monster will have to get used to his new forever crib.

:eek: I feel mentally fragile after checking out that other case you mentioned about dear Ingrid. It too much for me right after dealing with this case. Seriously, I'm screaming and crying inside. :eek:verreaction:

:eek:hdear: Ingrid's killer is only being charged with 2nd degree Murder? I don't believe much in copycats suddenly getting the idea, but that some have that fantasy and warped desire growing inside them...especially think Ingrid's killer did. I'm not sure yet what to make of Joshua and what his history will reveal.

Be back later. I figure the news will tell us what happened at JP's arraignment.

I totally, totally understand your reaction and I'm sorry I lead you to the other case. These two particular cases are remarkably dreadful, especially since they occurred so close in time.

"That’s going to be an image that I – that’s going to be on my mind for a while. You don’t erase that. It’s a person," Phil told NBC 7 in an interview last week. "I have a mother, a sister, family friends that I love. No one deserves to be thrown out with the trash like that."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Haynes-San-Diego-375441371.html#ixzz45fISU2RT
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

Just a horrible case. I keep saying it because it will never not be true. This poor young woman, who everyone speaks so highly of. Just beginning her life. And then along comes this poor fella, a human being, who knows she had such value and worth,to discover her thus.

Jesus Wept

ABC News10 did a news video outside the Chadwick. A female friend of Shauna's is working hard to spread the word how SHAUNA WAS SPECIAL, and wants her remembered for more than how she was found. So far, they've collected over $2,000. on the funding site for burial expenses.

HE ACTUALLY LIVED AT THE CHADWICK HOTEL. Wow, why am I surprised that HE IS THAT STUPID. I had guessed he probably just ran downstairs and dumped her and then went to his room.

HE BEAT AND STRANGLED HER. WHY? She was so thankful for him being there that time she had a bad day. She was such a loving person from all I've heard from everyone. She trusted him. WHY did he do that to her? I didn't expect we'd hear the Cause of Death today, but it's better to know and see that his bail was set very high. Burning mad at him for killing this sweet young woman.

The news video not up yet.
http://www.10news.com/news/man-accused-in-death-of-woman-found-in-suitcase-pleads-not-guilty-041216

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Haynes-San-Diego-375441371.html#ixzz45fISU2RT

Poor Shauna. :( I don't understand why this happened. What could he have been thinking? But I'm really glad he was stupid enough to put you outside of his residence so he would be quickly connected to your murder.

ABC News10 did a news video outside the Chadwick. A female friend of Shauna's is working hard to spread the word how SHAUNA WAS SPECIAL, and wants her remembered for more than how she was found. So far, they've collected over $2,000. on the funding site for burial expenses.

HE ACTUALLY LIVED AT THE CHADWICK HOTEL. Wow, why am I surprised that HE IS THAT STUPID. I had guessed he probably just ran downstairs and dumped her and then went to his room.

HE BEAT AND STRANGLED HER. WHY? She was so thankful for him being there that time she had a bad day. She was such a loving person from all I've heard from everyone. She trusted him. WHY did he do that to her? I didn't expect we'd hear the Cause of Death today, but it's better to know and see that his bail was set very high. Burning mad at him for killing this sweet young woman.

http://www.10news.com/news/man-accused-in-death-of-woman-found-in-suitcase-pleads-not-guilty-041216

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Haynes-San-Diego-375441371.html#ixzz45fISU2RT

I'm also surprised he lived at the Chadwick. Thank you for the update.

I can't help but wonder if the guy who found the suitcase knew Palmer and/or had seen Shauna in the past?

Just caught up. Let me say wow. A few thoughts:

I think he's a jealous narcissist and wanted her all to himself but I don't think she wanted that. So if he couldn't have her, no one could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad it's been confirmed that he lived there, I was pretty sure! The building is fairly small, so I think that everyone that lives there probably crosses paths regularly.

I do still wonder where Shauna was staying recently. I know it was reported that she was living in El Cajon, but that's a pretty long commute to make for a Spaghetti Factory job. Jmo.

Glad it's been confirmed that he lived there, I was pretty sure! The building is fairly small, so I think that everyone that lives there probably crosses paths regularly.

I do still wonder where Shauna was staying recently. I know it was reported that she was living in El Cajon, but that's a pretty long commute to make for a Spaghetti Factory job. Jmo.

I agree with everything you said. The other tenants at the Chadwick could probably tell us more about him. Wonder if anyone heard a ruckus when it happened. It does seem possible Shauna probably stayed at his place to avoid the commute on some occasions.

I still don't understand any reason he got that riled up or whatever it was that made him kill her. They had such a short history. Narcissistic rage from a crush or jealousy as mentioned above? Whatever reason I doubt it will make any sense to us. Now, no more drinking and scoring chicks for him. Life behind bars for a long, long time.

Joshua Matthew Palmer, 33, faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted in the death of 21-year-old Shauna Haynes.

Judge David Szumowski ordered the defendant held on $2 million bail.

https://www.facebook.com/abc10news

Just caught up. Let me say wow. A few thoughts:

I think he's a jealous narcissist and wanted her all to himself but I don't think she wanted that. So if he couldn't have her, no one could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of articles I read friends said they were just platonic friends so why did he do this? What could have set him off to do what he did to a friend? Wow just heartbreaking. Last thing she saw was his angry face with his hands around her neck.

Why didn't judge show his face like other creepy suspects?? Why should he get special treatment from embarrassment like how he hid his face when arrested. Judge wanted his face not shown in case witness's had to identify him what the heck does it matter since they have to see his face to identify him anyway? Bunch of BS special privilege asked by family and defense.

The news video I saw from the Chadwick is up on this page now.

...after the two returned to the Chadwick Hotel after a night out.

The prosecutor alleged that Palmer -- a platonic friend of the victim who also worked with her at the downtown Old Spaghetti Factory restaurant -- stuffed Haynes' body into a suitcase and threw it out with the garbage.

Palmer -- who was staying at the hotel -- then made efforts to conceal the crime by sending false text messages to family and friends and cleaning up the crime scene, Doyle alleged.

"He's an extreme danger to the public," Doyle told the judge during Palmer's arraignment.

He sent text messages to her Family and her Friends after he killed her. :scream:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back