Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the husband works at bestbuy and installs home theater equipment.

Then I still don't understand why he couldn't have his personal phone on him.

So quick question.

Is Bestbuy getting that much business where personal phones can't be allowed for basic texts to family?

If what we've read about KP's job is correct (he has scheduled appts to customers' homes and has GPS on his car to track his whereabouts), then I assume he isn't a suspect right now. I mean wouldn't it be pretty obvious if his car was near the area she went missing at that time? It seems the timeline here is pretty documented (maybe we don't know it, but LE definitely does). What time she dropped kids off at daycare/pre-school/mom's morning out, any online activity at home before her run, witness accounts of her running, etc.

I don't get too much of a bad feeling about him (other than him just having to be the usual suspect since he's the husband). Why all the talk about how he doesn't make very much money? First, why would that be relevant? Second, how do we know it's even true? I saw on his Linked In he has been with BB for 11 yrs. So, he has probably worked his way up and provides a nice income for his family.

Hopefully she is found safe today. Her family must be distraught.

Things are initially, inherently convenient for the perpetrator, they can lie and elaborate on their story. The truth has no such liberty. Ironically, ...phones(electronic devices) have a depth of info that transcends the actions of the guilty. Interesting to note- those who proclaim their innocence, or those who provide faux reasons for their inadequate behaviour in such dire situations and whose voice often cries out louder than their actions are relying on the parameters of the investigation to release them from their culpable guilt. We need to listen and observe closely to those telling their story!

I'm not saying to shut it down but what, exactly, is the relevance in relation to Sherri going missing? I've not seen anyone address that but perhaps I missed this point.

Her family has said she is a "super mom," who was always doing activities with her babies. We don't know how often the kids were in day care or why, so why is it so important do dissect it at this point?

I think the daycare question is relevant only in the context of how it fit into her regular daily routine. For me, I'm just curious whether anything was "off" about her regular routine, as this could be a clue as to when/ where her day unraveled into a nightmare. The possibilities are that she chose to disappear; or random abduction; or targeted abduction. If her day was absolutely normal in every respect up until the moment she disappeared, that would indicate a random abduction. If there were unexplained shifts in the routine (such as the kids daycare) that would indicate a targeted abduction or that she covered her tracks, as the shifts would indicate someone made an effort to buy time.
I have a feeling that the reason the police have not (as far as I know) issued a timeline of her movements, starting from when she first left the house or when her husband first left the house that morning, that her daily routine is an important piece of the puzzle and the police don't need help from the public right now.

Has anyone found a FB page for Sherri? Or Keith? I've been searching but haven't found a thing. So, operating on the assumption that there is no page for her, this to me brings up possible answers.

Given both families are on FB and have friended each other, does anyone else find it strange that Sherri doesn't have one? She's on other social media but not here. Could it be she doesn't want someone looking for her? No profile, but had professional photos done that would be perfect to show to family and friends.

Could there be an ex that she doesn't want getting info?

Things are initially, inherently convenient for the perpetrator, they can lie and elaborate on their story. The truth has no such liberty. Ironically, ...phones(electronic devices) have a depth of info that transcends the actions of the guilty. Interesting to note- those who proclaim their innocence, or those who provide faux reasons for their inadequate behaviour in such dire situations and whose voice often cries out louder than their actions are relying on the parameters of the investigation to release them from their culpable guilt. We need to listen and observe closely to those telling their story!

Not saying it is relevant in this case but.... People never lie about when/ where they made a phone call! They might not necessarily tell the truth about the content of the phone conversation but they know their phone ties them to a certain time and place. So if you have something to hide, you need to weave your story around the phone call.

Has anyone found a FB page for Sherri? Or Keith? I've been searching but haven't found a thing. So, operating on the assumption that there is no page for her, this to me brings up possible answers.

Given both families are on FB and have friended each other, does anyone else find it strange that Sherri doesn't have one? She's on other social media but not here. Could it be she doesn't want someone looking for her? No profile, but had professional photos done that would be perfect to show to family and friends.

The family have said that neither of them are on facebook. Unusual nowadays maybe but imo not unusual enough to indicate anything untoward, it's not to everyone's liking

If the husband works at bestbuy and installs home theater equipment.

Then I still don't understand why he couldn't have his personal phone on him.

So quick question.

Is Bestbuy getting that much business where personal phones can't be allowed for basic texts to family?

I can see that Bestbuy could very well have a policy that says no personal phones inside a customers house, seems reasonable to me that the rule could be that you have to leave them in your vehicle. Plenty of time to check the phone between customers imo

Any Bestbuy employees of the same type on here?

Hmmm...I'm wondering if searches have been looking up or able to access all the private property around there. Leanne Bearden was so close to where she was staying, and yet wasn't found during all the searches. Maybe it is suicide. As some have touched upon being called a "supermom" indicates a certain amount of stress to be everything to her kids, family etc. Maybe that is why her sister referred to her in the past tense?

I can see that Bestbuy could very well have a policy that says no personal phones inside a customers house, seems reasonable to me that the rule could be that you have to leave them in your vehicle. Plenty of time to check the phone between customers imo

I agree. As an older person I am amazed that something that did not exist 20 years ago, except as a rare luxury is now considered a necessity. I remember not many years ago when you got to work you worked and did not sit at your desk texting your buddies. Maybe bestbuy had to get strict. I have been to restaurants and watched the staff in the service stations texting away. I am going to assume he was just following the rules. I also have worked at places that did not allow phones in certain depts because people can take photos of customer's personal info.

(Hi. I haven't had a chance to read all the posts here. I see Sherri's case has gotten a cover story on cnn, and on a, uh, big day for the press as well. One thing that first stood out to me when I read about the phone was that I'm reminded of Jennifer Ramsaran's case. Iirc, her husband found the phone. Going back to catch up now, not sure if you guys are suspecting her husband yet.)

I work for Best Buy, however I am in a store and not in the field. As far as I understand, phones are highly discouraged... I cannot be on mine at work unless I am looking up something for a customer. I'm sure they highly discourage taking them into the homes of clients, especially when the employee is supposed to be doing equipment installs. Part of the reason would be constant distraction, but even more, our policy against anything that would share anything about a customer's personal information, identity or home.

Rod said neither Sherri or Keith have Facebook pages. He did not offer an explanation as to why. I do wonder why. My SIL closed his Facebook page, a few years ago. It was causing issues in the marriage, primarily; a few of his family members think it's ok to argue and say things that are inappropriate in a public venue.

I agree. As an older person I am amazed that something that did not exist 20 years ago, except as a rare luxury is now considered a necessity. I remember not many years ago when you got to work you worked and did not sit at your desk texting your buddies. Maybe bestbuy had to get strict. I have been to restaurants and watched the staff in the service stations texting away. I am going to assume he was just following the rules. I also have worked at places that did not allow phones in certain depts because people can take photos of customer's personal info.

Automobiles, electricity, microwaves, televisions, VCR 's .... all once luxuries that became necessities, so it isn't surprising to me. But if that personal phone was how he communicated with his wife I would expect him to have it with him all the time. But we don't know what their typical routine was for communicating each day. I still have many questions that haven't been answered.

Rod said neither Sherri or Keith have Facebook pages. He did not offer an explanation as to why. I do wonder why. My SIL closed his Facebook page, a few years ago. It was causing issues in the marriage, primarily; a few of his family members think it's ok to argue and say things that are inappropriate in a public venue.

Arguing and saying inappropriate things in a public venue? I thought that's what FB was all about! ;) I don't have FB for those very reasons.

Automobiles, electricity, microwaves, televisions, VCR 's .... all once luxuries that became necessities, so it isn't surprising to me. But if that personal phone was how he communicated with his wife I would expect him to have it with him all the time. But we don't know what their typical routine was for communicating each day. I still have many questions that haven't been answered.
I don't think we know that this is the way she communicated with her spouse when he was working. Some people need to stay focused on their job and not chat on the phone or text while being paid. I know the addiction people have to their phones is more a sickness than an necessity. Are you coming home for lunch is not an emergency. If it was a real emergency she would have called his employer and said I need to talk to my husband right now. Same way we did it back in the dark ages.

He wouldn't need to have it on his person at all times to be able to communicate with his wife. He had a work cell phone on him at all times. So he could call her anytime he needed to. AND, if she had a family emergency, she could call his work number and they could reach him immediately.

If she had regular non emergency questions she could text him and he could get back to her when he went back to his car.

As another day goes by and LE remains silent, I can only hope it is because they have a suspect and are putting it together.

Very normal for my SAHM friends. Good old Southern families too. JFS

Im a family law attorney who deals wth child care costs or the lack thereof in separating families on a daily basis, as part of support calculations. I've never seen a SAHM or SAHD have their kids in daycare. Not once. Because childcare is super expensive and when one parent isn't working, the cost is prohibitive. In fact, that's the reason many parents decide one parent will stay home- because child care costs are so expensive they actually cancel out the second income in many cases. So it's not at all normal or common or more than extremely rare, IMO.

That being said, maybe she wasn't a full-time SAHM. Or maybe she just use childcare as a babysitter for a couple hours now and then when she needed to get things done. That's different.

Either way, I don't know how it's relevant to her disappearance. Are people suggesting she couldn't manage her kids or something and wanted to be away from them? Because by all immediate accounts, this woman lived for them and would never have left them. Nobody hesitated saying that.

I was a SAHM when my kids were young. And we could not afford 'real' daycare nor did I need it.

However, I did use a community preschool a couple of days a week-- i think it was from 9 to 2 pm, 2 days a week. It enabled me to help my husband with a side job he had, and to do errands without 2 toddlers and so when I was with them, it was quality time.

I really appreciated the break it gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck