Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading here and decided to chime in. I am from the Redding area, and what is very strange is that Tera Smith also disappeared off of Old Oregon Trail road back in 1998. She and Sherri would be the same age today, and went to the same high school. Both are also petite blondes. There was a person of interest in Tara Smith's case but he has never been arrested in connection with her disappearance. All very coincidental. Not sure if they are connected at all. But very unsettling.

Holy crap. Her Pinterest has a board dedicated to guns, specifically concealed carry and garments designed to be worn when jogging. I wonder if she has a conceal carry permit. And if so, damn. What happened.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Posters on the find facebook page said she does have permit, but did not have it with her the day she disappeared (obviously). That was said from the beginning.

Posters on the find facebook page said she does have permit, but did not have it with her the day she disappeared (obviously). That was said from the beginning.
What a shame. The thing is it's not a guarantee. Especially if situational awareness is impaired by earbuds and loud music.

So what was the pink and black thing shown on the ground in the clip at .13 seconds? The colors of the cloth match the sweatshirt she was reportedly wearing...so is that part of it? Maybe a detachable hood? Doesn't looked like there are any ripped edges, etc... but there were only the phone and earbuds with hair mentioned anywhere I saw evidence discussed...

I assumed it was a cell phone pouch for runners?

Females should really stop jogging by themselves. We see these cases all the time on here.

Be careful ladies.

I have been scanning pictures and there's a evidence cone # 3 that shows what appears to be a black and pink beenie or possibly a fanny pack in front of a light green home on a paved road center line. I can not find that house on google earth. Also notice the type of fence in front of it. I would say if no blood or sign of struggle by phone then more than likely at was taken from her and tossed out the window.

The family believes she was abducted. The Sheriff's Office noted they do not have information or evidence that points to an abduction, but they are not ruling it out.

"I know she is screaming for me right now but I don't know where you are," Kieth said as tears filled his eyes.

Sandra Oswald has headed the volunteer search group over the last few days.

“No one wants to be searching five days out. We wanted her home days ago," she noted.

The searchers were combing through the area off Old Oregon Trail where Sherri's phone was found. On Monday they decided to put their search on hold.

"[We are] just trying to regroup and take everything in over the last three days of our search and figure out what we want to do for the rest of the week. We are all pretty worn out, pretty tired but that doesn't deter us," Oswald explained.

Lieutenant Anthony Bertain with the sheriff's office said they also temporarily suspended their ground search.

"Our resources would be better directed to managing tips, following up on the leads and the information we got from the search on Thursday," he said.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/ground-search-for-missing-papini/146307307

It's time, NOW. for the sheriff's office to state what information they have that makes them think that this is not an abduction. It seems they have some kind of information - whatever it is - that makes them resistant to call this an abduction. I would think they need to reveal this information NOW.

The family believes she was abducted. The Sheriff's Office noted they do not have information or evidence that points to an abduction, but they are not ruling it out.

"I know she is screaming for me right now but I don't know where you are," Kieth said as tears filled his eyes.

“No one wants to be searching five days out. We wanted her home days ago," she noted.

The searchers were combing through the area off Old Oregon Trail where Sherri's phone was found. On Monday they decided to put their search on hold.

"[We are] just trying to regroup and take everything in over the last three days of our search and figure out what we want to do for the rest of the week. We are all pretty worn out, pretty tired but that doesn't deter us," Oswald explained.

Lieutenant Anthony Bertain with the sheriff's office said they also temporarily suspended their ground search.

"Our resources would be better directed to managing tips, following up on the leads and the information we got from the search on Thursday," he said.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/ground-search-for-missing-papini/146307307

Why would their always be evidence of an abduction? Why is the police really not thinking about the abduction scenario more strongly.

Do they think she ran away?

I have been scanning pictures and there's a evidence cone # 3 that shows what appears to be a black and pink beenie or possibly a fanny pack in front of a light green home on a paved road center line. I can not find that house on google earth. Also notice the type of fence in front of it. I would say if no blood or sign of struggle by phone then more than likely at was taken from her and tossed out the window.

I, too, saw the material in the video clip. Is it odd that the only things mentioned to have been found were the phone and earbuds if other things were also found?

What bugs me most right now is husband saying (paraphrased) 'ask anyone, she had no reason to leave'.

WHAT??? He actually said, "I know she's screaming for me??" No, no, no...who SAYS that? Ugh...

I hate this news channel. It is obvious they had quite a long interview with the husband and thusfar have stupidly not shown it in its entirety. They are showing it in bits and pieces, on different days no less. What kind of reporting is that?? Release the whole interview for God's sake!

Something seems off about the husband....one minute sobbing , a second later seems to be enjoying the attention and talking away with the reporter....

Has he been cleared as a suspect?

WHAT??? He actually said, "I know she's screaming for me??" No, no, no...who SAYS that? Ugh...

I hate this news channel. It is obvious they had quite a long interview with the husband and thusfar have stupidly not shown it in its entirety. They are showing it in bits and pieces, on different days no less. What kind of reporting is that?? Release the whole interview for God's sake!
Super creepy. Unbelievable really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members