Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay from what I read the local LE that got there had Sherri call Keith. I'm positive I read that or saw it in the original press conference. I'm thinking he beat the Shasta County SO- not all LE.

Edited: Here is the link-
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/no...n-yolo-county-bound-with-restraints/183165592
Whatever was the case LE had to be aware of the possibilities, and should not have allowed KP to speak to this person until she had been questioned. And yes, I hope that took place and she was Mirandized before a formal set-down at the hospital or, afterwards, at the sheriff's office.

It doesn't much matter, frankly. She did say in her wedding blog that she had never lived with a man before.
I'm saying she just wanted to simplify the story.... others think it's a huge cover-up. :)

edit to add: It definitely wasn't widely known. But on the other hand, she filed in Shasta County. If you're trying to hide a divorce, you don't file in the county in which you live.

bbm

There are different connotations of the phrase "lived with a man"... one of them means without the statutes of marriage.

Most of the pictures of the children were shared on the missing posters and websites.

I must have missed the children from the missing posters. I saw posters of Sherri and Sherri and Keith, and pics on websites of the same, as well as, Sherri and SIL and Sherri and sister, but I don't recall seeing any of the children on posters or sites prior to her being located. What sites are you referring to and where were the posters placed that had the children on them?

Just out of curiosity, do you know the family?

No, but I used to live in Redding, CT. Heh. I can't tell you how many time I clicked on things about the other Redding.

Since she's alive, and was apparently kidnapped by women, I'm just speculating that the motive was money. The release leads me to believe that they gave up hope of a big payday.

Right. Keith moved into Sherri's townhouse in Dec 2006. Sherri had already been living in that townhouse for two years before Keith moved in. Sherri's husband filed for divorce in HI in Dec 2006. Sherri didn't file for divorce until she and Keith had been living together for 8 months (Aug 2007) and her divorce was not final until Sep 2008. I found the whole wedding blog weird because Sherri was meeting with Catholic Church officials and going to premarital wedding classes with Keith while she was still married to her first husband. Perhaps none of her family, friends, church knew she was already married? In fact, she was still married to her first husband at the time of her engagement party.

She mentioned that she and Keith had been together since the day they reunited and haven't been apart since, so apparently there was no reconciliation attempt with hubby #1 between Dec 2006 (when he filed) and Aug 2007 (when she filed).

https://web.archive.org/web/20090210100542/http://www.mywedding.com/papini/blog.html

This was discussed at great length and so many people got it wrong that I'll use bold:

A previous wedding only counts against you if it was a catholic wedding. You are allowed one and only one marriage before God.
If your previous marriage was not before God, then you are good to go.

edit: removed all caps, 'cause that was kinda rude :)

So why does it matter to anything is she was previously married? Did she lie about it? TIA
Well, she did omit it when she was blogging about her wedding to KP. Definitely made things sound like this was her first time down the aisle.

A Crescent City woman, Alison Sutton, told the New York Daily News that she called 911 after seeing Papini wave a piece of fabric up and down on the side of the freeway. The driver saw Papini without a jacket on a morning when Sacramento area temperatures were in the upper 30s.

“When I saw her, it really startled me,” Sutton said. “She was really close to the road, like almost out in traffic.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article117588963.html#storylink=cpy

Is there any confirmation of a 911 call? Just curious. I know the woman posted the night she was found on the HFSP FB page and SP's FIL responded. Maybe that was enough to validate? Just wondering if LE has confirmed any other witnesses calling in to report her on the side of the road. Could help with a timeline. I just saw this particular witness giving another interview on Inside Edition. Just wondering about the credibility as we've discussed a good bit about what she says she witnessed. Look at me..being all suspicious. CG also makes an appearance and responded to the questioning of SP's disappearance being a hoax, but that part has been clipped from the video. Did anyone else see it live?

http://www.insideedition.com/videos...jogger-mom-relives-the-moment-she-spotted-her

I would like to hear her 911 call as well. I know she couldn't have gotten a good view of her at the rate of speed she said she was travelling -other than long blonde hair and woman.
That would have scared the bee gee zus out of me! I'd have gotten cotton mouth so bad, I'd barely be able to talk!
A woman frantically flagging down cars close enough to be hit!
Thank God she wasn't hit or there would have NO reports of possible suspects or how she ended up there. Heck it would have taken a day or two to establish her identity (to the public)
MOO

Bosenko says his office was notified at 4:30 a.m. [...]

The California Highway Patrol, Yolo County Sheriff's Office and medical personnel immediately responded to her location, he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/24/sheriff-sherrif-papini-found-safe/94397864/

Her husband, Keith Papini, immediately responded to the hospital as well and is remaining at Sherri's side. CHP allowed Keith to speak with her on the phone before he got to the hospital.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/no...n-yolo-county-bound-with-restraints/183165592

Papini was found Thanksgiving morning bound by restraints near Interstate 5 but was able to flag down a driver, Bosenko said. The motorist called authorities, who connected the mother of two to her husband by cellphone.

"She was very emotional to be released and hear her husband's voice and then a few hours later to be reunited with him," the sheriff said.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20161125/sheriff-mom-held-captive-for-weeks-emotional-after-release

MOO, here is my take away from the many confusing and seemingly contradictory reports about the morning SP was located. Unidentified motorist finds her, CHP arrives on scene and calls dispatch and reports she IS chained and restrained (not was is per his wording in the audio recordings). Yolo County sheriff's department arrives as does medical personnel. SP is allowed to phone KP and she is transported to local hospital for treatment of non life-threatening injuries [ETA quite possibly via speaker phone].

At some point once she has been transported to hospital KP arrives. Some time later Shasta County Sheriff department arrives. Hence KP beat sheriff there. KP did not beat all LE there. Just Shasta LE and not to the scene but to the hospital. JMO based on the seeming contradictory acccounts of the timeline of that morning.

Gamble said that while it may never be known what prompted her release, it was likely no coincidence she was released 24 hours after the donor announced the ransom became a $100,000 bounty paid to whomever brought in her abductors.

Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said last week that he did not believe the ransom played a role and no one called in a tip related to the suspects.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article117588963.html#storylink=cpy

OT

am I the only one that is missing Evey's kilometric posts with all kind of what-if scenarios? Haven't seen her around since SP was found.

I don't think that matters. If you're remarrying it isn't required that you tell everyone you were previously married. A lot of people want to leave that part of their life behind for a reason IMO.

Could this anonymous donor be her first husband?
I have A feeling he may have money.
Just a thought.
I think this donor is close to her.
Jmo

Whatever was the case LE had to be aware of the possibilities, and should not have allowed KP to speak to this person until she had been questioned. And yes, I hope that took place and she was Mirandized before a formal set-down at the hospital or, afterwards, at the sheriff's office.

Mirandized? She is a victim, NOT a suspect.

That is strange, isn't it? I can't remember any case like this with two armed females ( no male?) of the same minority group kidnapping a stranger at gunpoint? I am very glad to hear she is alive and relatively well. Do we know if the ransom was paid? The minority comment seemed odd. I don't mean to add more grief to the missing girl's trauma.

I don't think that matters. If you're remarrying it isn't required that you tell everyone you were previously married. A lot of people want to leave that part of their life behind for a reason IMO.

While I can agree with you that people want to leave that part behind, there is a difference between telling everyone that you've been divorced and acting like you've never been married. For me, it goes to credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79