Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was discussed at great length and so many people got it wrong that I'll use bold:

A previous wedding only counts against you if it was a catholic wedding. You are allowed one and only one marriage before God.
If your previous marriage was not before God, then you are good to go.

edit: removed all caps, 'cause that was kinda rude :)

Actually, a Catholic who is married by a justice of the peace, or by a non-Catholic minister, still has to go through the annulment process. In these cases (called "defect of form") obtaining an annulment is generally a quicker, easier process - but still required if the Catholic wishes to be remarried in the Catholic Church.

A couple of links:
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/no-catholic-divorce-grounds-and-obstacles-to-annulments

http://www.foryourmarriage.org/catholic-marriage/church-teachings/annulments/

It's possible SP received an annulment. Those are not a matter of public record.

Right. Keith moved into Sherri's townhouse in Dec 2006. Sherri had already been living in that townhouse for two years before Keith moved in. Sherri's husband filed for divorce in HI in Dec 2006. Sherri didn't file for divorce until she and Keith had been living together for 8 months (Aug 2007) and her divorce was not final until Sep 2008. I found the whole wedding blog weird because Sherri was meeting with Catholic Church officials and going to premarital wedding classes with Keith while she was still married to her first husband. Perhaps none of her family, friends, church knew she was already married? In fact, she was still married to her first husband at the time of her engagement party.

She mentioned that she and Keith had been together since the day they reunited and haven't been apart since, so apparently there was no reconciliation attempt with hubby #1 between Dec 2006 (when he filed) and Aug 2007 (when she filed).

https://web.archive.org/web/20090210100542/http://www.mywedding.com/papini/blog.html

Interesting. I'm not placing judgement on her, but these actions would be consistent with other comments seen elsewhere.

This was discussed at great length and so many people got it wrong that I'll use bold:

A previous wedding only counts against you if it was a catholic wedding. You are allowed one and only one marriage before God.
If your previous marriage was not before God, then you are good to go.

edit: removed all caps, 'cause that was kinda rude :)

Just had to say this WAS discussed at great length, but the bolded above is not accurate. I can't go marry and guy in Vegas and get divorced and then be "good to go" for a Catholic Church wedding to a new guy a few years later. Even if a church annulment turns out to be not required, the Catholic Church will investigate the circumstances of your first marriage before giving you a green light. You may have to get something called "Lack of Form" to clear the way, in any case you need to jump through a hoop or two even if it is short of a decree of nullity.

see for instance: http://www.dmdiocese.org/divorced-and-catholic-faqs.cfm

Again, what missing posters are you talking about?

I think the children were pictured in MSM videos. I don't know where MSM got the photos. I remember the four them on a beach (?) with matching orange or red jackets.

Added: I just looked for the videos and they've been edited and updated. Some are still using the Family Beach Portrait as the thumbnail.

The ransom money offered for the safe release of Sherri Papini went unclaimed, so now the anonymous donor may use some of those funds to help the Redding-area mom and her family recover after she was found Thanksgiving morning, according to the man who coordinated the effort.

The donor “will support the family in any way he can to ensure they receive the necessary treatment for their recovery,” said Cameron Gamble,

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article117588963.html#storylink=cpy

I really don't understand this. Who is this mystery benefactor supposed to be? Does this money really exist? Why are they still going on about it?

If this guy really has so much money it would be nice if he could donate some to some of the other missing people who have had very little press coverage rather than fixating on this one family. I've seen other families struggle to scrape together even a $1000 reward for a loved one. JMO.

Just had to say this WAS discussed at great length, but the bolded above is not accurate. I can't go marry and guy in Vegas and get divorced and then be "good to go" for a Catholic Church wedding to a new guy a few years later. Even if a church annulment turns out to be not required, the Catholic Church will investigate the circumstances of your first marriage before giving you a green light.
see for instance: http://www.dmdiocese.org/divorced-and-catholic-faqs.cfm
But she could still get married in the church if she didn't mention the first marriage. I don't know that, of course. It's the simplest explanation.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The Bay Area radio talk shows are having a field day with this story.

I think the children were pictured in MSM. I don't know where MSM got the photos. I remember the four them on a beach (?) with matching orange or red jackets.

Thank you. The original poster kept saying how the kids' pics were printed on thousands of the missing posters, though, and I'm trying to determine if that's true because I've not seen any missing posters with her kids on them that I can recall. I sincerely would like to know if anyone else has.

Interesting. I'm not placing judgement on her, but these actions would be consistent with other comments seen elsewhere.

I doubt pre-marital religious classes for a person who is married to another would knowingly happen in my Archdiocese. I'm not placing judgement on her, either, but the Catholic Church has maintained a fairly strict code when it comes to marriage. This is weird!

I check back about once a day to see if there is any new developments on the suspects.... Hopefully her and her family are able to feel safe at this time, I put myself in her shoes and I would be so afraid ....I hope she is able to get counseling and recover....IMHO
I can imagine myself developing a severe case of ptsd for sure. I would be terrified to be alone and probably scared to death of any dark SUV. If these women were the abductors, it was probably easy to get close to SP since we women normally trust other women more so than a man. Maybe they asked her for directions? This would also shake me to the core. I hope the authorities catch them soon, before they can abduct someone else.

But she could still get married in the church if she didn't mention the first marriage. I don't know that, of course. It's the simplest explanation.

No u can't!
They ask u if u were married before.

I can imagine myself developing a severe case of ptsd for sure. I would be terrified to be alone and probably scared to death of any dark SUV. If these women were the abductors, it was probably easy to get close to SP since we women normally trust other women more so than a man. Maybe they asked her for directions? This would also shake me to the core. I hope the authorities catch them soon, before they can abduct someone else.

IMO they were after her. If they really exist.

Thank you. The original poster kept saying how the kids' pics were printed on thousands of the missing posters, though, and I'm trying to determine if that's true because I've not seen any missing posters with her kids on them that I can recall. I sincerely would like to know if anyone else has.
No, not on the posters. I think there were photos posted on the Help Facebook page though. And almost every MSM story had one. The one i remember credited the Shasta County Sheriff office, but rlthat might have been an error.

If they had asked for directions one would think she would be able to provide a better description. Also I don't think they would have wanted to linger knowing what they were preparing to do. IMO they drove up and before she knew what was happening she was in the SUV with something over her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem