Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM- What the heck is that supposed to mean?

What that means is that the <modsnip> is trying to take credit. He then goes on to point out that Sherri is the true hero, of course, but it's perfectly clear what he's trying to do.

He's trying to insinuate that the kidnappers became so frightened that they might get caught, because there was a $100,000 reward, that they let Sherri go.

I thnk they can check cell towers for a specific time to see what phones were pinging off of it. This could be a smaller number in a rural area, maybe.

That said...I find this whole thing beyond weird, and feel like LE is backing away from the restraints, her injuries, etc...JMO.

I also loathe that they released the bit about "two Hispanic women". That IS profiling Imo. Who looks Hispanic? And if she did not see her alleged captors how does she know if they even "looked" Hispanic? I am a blond middle-aged Caucasian but I speak Spanish.
Jmo

Where did I say there would be no paperwork involved? They still need a marriage licence too, right?

Your second link actually proves the opposite of what you say.

"a Church tribunal (a Catholic Church court) declares that a marriage thought to be valid according to Church law actually fell short of at least one of the essential elements required for a binding union."

and

"For a Catholic marriage to be valid, it is required that:... their consent is given in the presence of two witnesses and before a properly authorized Church minister. "

It's kind of fuzzy, but it is my understanding that formal paperwork (ie, an annulment) is not always required. In any case, it is always given if the person was not married by a duly authorized Catholic minister.

Why split hairs here and muddy the waters?

The giant misunderstanding is that divorced people can't have a Catholic marriage. That is not always true. If the previous marriage was not a Catholic marriage they most certainly can. Period.

<modsnip>

I didn't state or suggest that you said no paperwork would be involved. I was responding to your quote (below), in which you stated that if the previous marriage "was not before God, then you are good to go."

I did not what anyone to get the impression that if they were married previously (non-Catholic ceremony) then divorced, there would be no need to disclose this because 'it didn't count.'

It counts until the Catholic Church decides otherwise. There's still a process involved. In my parish, there is paperwork involved, but not to extent of obtaining a decree of nullity for a Catholic marriage.

-------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
" This was discussed at great length and so many people got it wrong that I'll use bold:

A previous wedding only counts against you if it was a catholic wedding. You are allowed one and only one marriage before God.
If your previous marriage was not before God, then you are good to go.

edit: removed all caps, 'cause that was kinda rude "

What part is different from what LE has released previously?

IMO he made it pretty clear that she was let go, free to walk around unrestrained, and that the extent of her injuries were pretty minor. This is far from the badly beaten and left for dead that some people / news outlets have been running with.

RBBM- What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Yes it's what I theorized before. That once it turned into a reward for anyone that had information, they considered it too risky and let her go. It makes sense and would explain the timing of the Thanksgiving release better. But I do think it's odd the family knew she would be home that day. That is what throws me off.

Lord have mercy...she set herself free!

http://cw39.com/2016/11/25/missing-...-herself-from-restraints-and-escaped-captors/

Don't even ask me what's going on. I should have run hard and fast in the opposite direction the moment I felt myself getting sucked into this case.

But the sheriff just said:

"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist.

???

I agree with everything except maybe the "tie as blindfold". That does look surprisingly like a blindfold, except why would it be at the apparent abduction site? It would make more sense at the "dump" site iykwim. Otherwise I agree with your post. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I wasn't aware it was from the abduction site. Still it could have been that it was prepared and ready to use but dropped in a struggle to put it on her or get her in the vehicle. Again, I think the abduction IMO would have happened very quickly with no time to stop and collect anything that fell to the ground in the struggle, cell phone included.

Lord have mercy...she set herself free!

http://cw39.com/2016/11/25/missing-...-herself-from-restraints-and-escaped-captors/

Don't even ask me what's going on. I should have run hard and fast in the opposite direction the moment I felt myself getting sucked into this case.

I'm bopping myself about the head for still being here. She's back. Case over. Except the mystery draws us back in. We want to know. Actually, this is the best case I've ever followed. I'm laughing a lot (forgive me, and don't erase me) because she's back and not dead, so we can now be a little less serious. The other cases didn't end well and I felt really bad afterward. Stopped coming here. You have to admit, this is a swimming ending, whatever started it all.

Oh man... the narratives are all over the place. Who knows what is true anymore. I'm done sleuthing! Weird this was my first "case". I don't think that this is for me!!! I'm tired and emotionally exhausted from afar

"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."
http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.html

Ahah! That's why they searched the land around the church.
Wait, she was chained to something, she jumped out of car, but now she was dropped off and walked to nearby church.

Not blaming the victim for the discrepancies, this messy info is coming from the authorities. But why?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am trying to figure out how to find this forum on tap talk and I don't get it! If anyone can help direct me that would be great!
I think if you go to websleuths on your phone, a banner on the front page asks if you want to use tapatalk. Maybe. It's been a long time since i linked it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

So one media outlet reports that captors left her for dead by the side of the road, and this one says she freed herself.

Stick a fork in me.

Seriously! I've followed a number of cases here over the years, but I don't recall one in which the media seemed to play this loose and fast with the information. I realize LE isn't offering up a lot of details, but how did media go from "was released" to "left for dead" to "escaped"?

IMO he made it pretty clear that she was let go, free to walk around unrestrained, and that the extent of her injuries were pretty minor. This is far from the badly beaten and left for dead that some people / news outlets have been running with.

I don't see it that way at all.

I'm talking about information that LE has released and not what news outlets have gotten right or wrong.

What's different in what LE has said?

Floor Roll!!![emoji15] [emoji2] [emoji15] [emoji23]
I would not expect anything less from SuperMom...
Bless her heart, so glad she is home...

Literally. Can't. Even. Anymore. My brain hurts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously! I've followed a number of cases here over the years, but I don't recall one in which the media seemed to play this loose and fast with the information. I realize LE isn't offering up a lot of details, but how did media go from "was released" to "left for dead" to "escaped"?

I've only seen shootings filled with more misinformation and backtracking, but never for more than a day or two. This... is something else.

I found this bit at the end rather interesting.

His investigators "worked through the Thanksgiving holiday, including the weekend" to find the ones allegedly responsible for Papini's disappearance, Bosenko said.

That includes continued reviews of surveillance footage and cellular tower information, he said.

Cell tower information? For whose phone?

Cell tower info was how Kristy Cornwell's brother found her body. The GBI gave him the cell tower dump records.

Would seem to be a painstaking process in Sherri's case, given I-5 is right there. But maybe they are looking at a specific tower which only picks cell traffic on one of those lonely county roads that criss-cross the area adjacent to where she was found?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kristi-...t-killed-self-in-police-standoff-last-spring/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member