Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it that way at all.

I'm talking about information that LE has released and not what news outlets have gotten right or wrong.

What's different in what LE has said?

I mean, he compared her injuries to a sprained ankle. I find it really hard that he'd make that comparison if she was indeed badly beaten.

I got married semi-recently. For the marriage license, I had to state the name of the person I'd divorced previously, as well as the date of the divorce decree. While Mr flourish and I completed the form together, and both signed it, perhaps other couples only have one person fill it out and both sign? I don't know if all states are the same, anyway.

In any case, I found the wedding blog discussion regarding moving in together just weird. For one, I don't love it when people are all gender role-oriented.

Like, she's all "I don't know how to live with a man!" IDK if she ever resided with her father or a stepfather, but I'm guessing she resided with her first husband so a) who is she trying to fool? b) why is it so important to her to project the image of this squeaky clean, dare I say virginal-esque, image on her wedding blog? Like, she's really acting like this is her first wedding day "like I've imagined for years."

I suppose it's possible, perhaps, that she had a situation like mine, although I kinda doubt it. So, I'm currently married to Mr flourish as I m mentioned. So I've gotten legally married once. However, I've been legally divorced once. How is that? My state had a very old-fashioned but still somewhat recognized common-law statute in place when I began a domestic relationship with Mr evil. The law changed. Mr evil injured our baby, ultimately fatally. I had lawyers (pro-bono- I'll never forget their kindness) who terminated his parental rights. Nobody knew whether or not I needed to legally divorce him, though, so to be on the safe side and have more documentation of our parting, I divorced Mr evil, having not really been married to him in the first place. I don't consider my marriage to Mr flourish to be my "second marriage," but he certainly knew about it before he married me!

For some reason, the wedding blog is sticking in my craw. It just seemed so contrived or something. IMO

Eta: I was so nervous to post because I thought the thread could close and I hate when I lose my post. Also I'm hoping if the wedding blog is off limits and I haven't read that yet, that the mods might just snip and not delete *wishes*

Sometimes I get to thinking I have something to feel bad about, and so - I feel bad. Then I hear about a sorrow like this. Perspective.

Sorry for your heavy loss.

I, for one, am highly optimistic that they are going to solve this case. There just seems to be so much going on behind the scenes. Sheriff Bosenko has said repeatedly that they expect to make an arrest. Is he just being optimistic, or does he know something?

One thing I have noticed is that when the police run out of leads, that's when they go public. The way they are keeping everything to themselves, it says to me that they are on it.

Based on previous cases, and the way this one is going, I highly expect that there is going to be huge news within the next two weeks.

It could take months, though, and that thought is truly depressing.

I mean, he compared her injuries to a sprained ankle. I find it really hard that he'd make that comparison if she was indeed badly beaten.

Here's what the Sheriff said.

While the same dispatch reports indicated she was "heavily battered," Bosenko also would not specify what kind of injuries Papini had. But he did confirm the type of injuries get someone "treated and released," as Papini was.

"When you say, 'treated and released' ... no different than if you went up to the ER for a sprained ankle, they treated you and released you. Now, if you had a compound fracture due to that bone being broken, then you'd probably be admitted, have to stay for a few days," Bosenko explained.

He wouldn't specify what her injuries were. He didn't say that her injuries were minor or insignificant. JMO

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.html

"When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Bosenko noted that his agency has not phrased it that way.

"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

While the same dispatch reports indicated she was "heavily battered," Bosenko also would not specify what kind of injuries Papini had. But he did confirm the type of injuries that get someone "treated and released," as Papini was.

"When you say, 'treated and released' ... no different than if you went up to the ER for a sprained ankle, they treated you and released you. Now, if you had a compound fracture due to that bone being broken, then you'd probably be admitted, have to stay for a few days," Bosenko explained.

He also said his earlier use of the word "assault" to describe Papini's injuries was based on the "heavily battered" comment.

"We're not providing the details, other than they were non-life threatening and that she was treated and released," he said of the injuries."

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.html

Thank you Sheriff Tom Bosenko!

EveningEditionPapiniCountyRoad17.jpg

Andreas Fuhrmann/Record Searchlight
Sherry Papini was found near the intersection of County Road 17 and Interstate 5 in Yolo County. This is County Road 17 looking east towards Interstate 5.

Sherri had quite a little walk from where she was dropped off to where she flagged down help.

attachment.php

Andreas Fuhrmann/Record Searchlight
Sherry Papini was found near the intersection of County Road 17 and Interstate 5 in Yolo County. This is County Road 17 looking east towards Interstate 5.

Sherri had quite a little walk from where she was dropped off to where she flagged down help.

DO we know where she was dropped off? SHe walked to a church but was it nearby to where she was released? Also, where is the church?

While the same dispatch reports indicated she was "heavily battered," Bosenko also would not specify what kind of injuries Papini had. But he did confirm the type of injuries that get someone "treated and released," as Papini was.

I find the above quote very telling. He seems to insinuate she had very minor injuries, very different from the battered that we have heard about.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I, for one, am highly optimistic that they are going to solve this case. There just seems to be so much going on behind the scenesare on it.

I am too. The Shasta County Sheriffs office has dealt with many high profile cases in the past and have successfully resolved them. Shasta County is a rural county, with limited resources over a very large area, but I too am optimistic they are on to something right now but cannot publicly release the information.

I think I'd have broken into the church and got to a phone.

So, she was dropped off and was able to walk to a church and from there to the road where she flagged down a motorist? I am entirely confused now. Was she or wasn't she chained to something? How was she restrained? Because based on Sheriff Bosenko's most recent statements things don't sound nearly as bad as previous reports. The plot thickens.

Investigators had "somewhat lengthy of an interview" with Papini today, Bosenko said, though the details of that interview were not immediately available.

He said he didn't know whether they'll interview her again.

"We don't have information if this was a targeted abduction or if it was a random act," Bosenko said.

--------------------

There are at least two alleged violent kidnappers on the loose, the one woman/victim who allegedly had first-hand contact with them is available for questioning, and the Sheriff isn't sure he's going to interview her again?

Why? He doesn't trust her statements? He's confident the surveillance video and cell phone investigations will lead to the suspects and Sherri has nothing of value to offer? He's handing the investigation off to another agency? Something else?

Curious.

That statement stuck out to me as well. Maybe after the interview with SP today LE has taken a different turn in this investigation. Sigh...

Here we go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

Anyone see a church on Google maps nearby where she was found?

I find the above quote very telling. He seems to insinuate she had very minor injuries, very different from the battered that we have heard about.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Indeed. He seems compelled to clarify potentially exaggerated accounts of what transpired. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem