Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they track GPS in a car if it has like a built in GPS map system in the car? I don't know much about how they work. Does the radio have to be on to turn on the GPS? If it's a newer vehicle it might have this feature.

@flourish, ITA with your viewpoint on the blog. So sorry for your loss, thank you for sharing.

I was surprised by the sheriff not knowing whether they would interview SB again and am wondering if it is because she has obtained legal counsel. Otherwise, I would think there would be communication on both ends, maybe even SP keeping a journal as memories creep back in. He could mean it in the sense of a sit down, in depth interview. If there still is a question as to whether it was a targeted or random abduction, then IMO SP has no idea who her abductors are. Could still be targeted if someone higher up enlisted the 2 women to abduct SP. IMO, the sheriff must've believed she was heavily battered to say she was assaulted. The first responders would likely know better. Whatever the case, it was enough to keep SP from seeing her children for a couple of days.

That statement stuck out to me as well. Maybe after the interview with SP today LE has taken a different turn in this investigation. Sigh...

Here we go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

Anyone see a church on Google maps nearby where she was found?

Church.JPG
google

I'm a newbie to this forum. I haven't gone further than this thread. Are all other threads here this passionate?

I'm a newbie to this forum. I haven't gone further than this thread. Are all other threads here this passionate?

A lot of them are. Certain cases attract more attention than others and when they do, very passionate discourse ensues.

I was surprised by the sheriff not knowing whether they would interview SB again and am wondering if it is because she has obtained legal counsel. Otherwise, I would think there would be communication on both ends, maybe even SP keeping a journal as memories creep back in. He could mean it in the sense of a sit down, in depth interview. If there still is a question as to whether it was a targeted or random abduction, then IMO SP has no idea who her abductors are. Could still be targeted if someone higher up enlisted the 2 women to abduct SP. IMO, the sheriff must've believed she was heavily battered to say she was assaulted. The first responders would likely know better. Whatever the case, it was enough to keep SP from seeing her children for a couple of days.

I initially believed LE thought the same, but this new interview with the sheriff is different. He's purposely playing down her injuries- even the assault part. He also seems to be playing down the way she ended up at the drop off spot.

Why?

I am so sorry that happened to you, Bigfirmlawmom, yet thankful your fight was effective in keeping the assault from being any worse. I hope they were able to catch the perp and so you could get some element of justice.

For comparison sake, I was violently assaulted by a stranger who broke into my apartment while I slept, and I was beat up and strangled, but I didn't have any broken bones or trachea damage, so I was in & out of the hospital within a few hours. It was around 5 am so not a busy time at that particular ER.
The fight or flight response can enable strength and endurance you wouldn't imagine. I fought off a make attacker who was taller & bigger than I, while he strangled me from behind, and having been surprised by him while I was sleeping. I fought him off and got away. I felt no pain (just terror) for hours. Actually I felt no pain for days, despite bloodied nose, two black eyes, bruised neck, etc.
As far as police interviews, I told the story to dozens of EMTs, doctors, social workers, & police officers that morning & in the 2-3 days following. Then I heard nothing from the police in terms of leads, investigation, updates, etc. In other words, they did their thing and it wasn't part of their program to keep me updated. I have heard that's not uncommon for victims.
Anyway, for whatever that's worth, maybe a point of comparison or context.

@gliving, thanks!!! as many know, my laptop cannot handle quoting nor liking. mods know this.

When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Bosenko noted that his agency has not phrased it that way.

"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

While the same dispatch reports indicated she was "heavily battered," Bosenko also would not specify what kind of injuries Papini had. But he did confirm the type of injuries that get someone "treated and released," as Papini was.

"When you say, 'treated and released' ... no different than if you went up to the ER for a sprained ankle, they treated you and released you. Now, if you had a compound fracture due to that bone being broken, then you'd probably be admitted, have to stay for a few days," Bosenko explained.

He also said his earlier use of the word "assault" to describe Papini's injuries was based on the "heavily battered" comment.

"We're not providing the details, other than they were non-life threatening and that she was treated and released," he said of the injuries.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.html

Again, just to post for newbies trying to catch up on these light-speed threads...IMO, this is a complete LE backpedal. I don't fault them, I fault media. regardless, It speaks to the truth of the case. IMO there is none at this point.

ETA does anyone else think the inaudible part sounds like "hose clamps"
Hubby is deaf so we have closed caption and yes that is what was said "hose clamp"

Interesting ... Piece of flexible metal which to tighten, needs a screwdriver or pair of pliers. If I were trying to restrain someone that wouldn't be my first choice. I'll have to mull that one over.

Could this anonymous donor be her first husband?
I have A feeling he may have money.
Just a thought.
I think this donor is close to her.
Jmo

I agree the donor may be close to her family (or maybe KP's family), but I highly doubt her ex would be this anonymous donor. Even if they had divorced on good terms, I really don't think so. IMO. (The ex in all likelihood is probably remarried with a young family, just like hers.)

I see this gesture as coming more from someone who is 'still' close to the family AND has disposable income (probably middle-aged or older).

For comparison sake, I was violently assaulted by a stranger who broke into my apartment while I slept, and I was beat up and strangled, but I didn't have any broken bones or trachea damage, so I was in & out of the hospital within a few hours. It was around 5 am so not a busy time at that particular ER.
The fight or flight response can enable strength and endurance you wouldn't imagine. I fought off a make attacker who was taller & bigger than I, while he strangled me from behind, and having been surprised by him while I was sleeping. I fought him off and got away. I felt no pain (just terror) for hours. Actually I felt no pain for days, despite bloodied nose, two black eyes, bruised neck, etc.
As far as police interviews, I told the story to dozens of EMTs, doctors, social workers, & police officers that morning & in the 2-3 days following. Then I heard nothing from the police in terms of leads, investigation, updates, etc. In other words, they did their thing and it wasn't part of their program to keep me updated. I have heard that's not uncommon for victims.
Anyway, for whatever that's worth, maybe a point of comparison or context.

Eesh. That's terrifying! I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for you to recover from that mentally. :(

Who is brave and daring enough to volunteer to be the Official Websleuths Guinea Pig? Somebody step up ... we need answers! Steelman?

If my kidnapper slows down and says "get out," I'm taking my cinderblock and jumping out!

I wondered the same, looking at the map. But if she had been shuffled in and out of stash houses the last 3 weeks, she may have been apprehensive about approaching a private residence. The church may have had a rectory, but then desperation may have set in when there was no one there and she went for the highway.

Wow she was so close to houses when she was at the church. I wonder why she chose to walk up to the interstate. Maybe she didn't see any lights on in the houses since it was so late.

I initially believed LE thought the same, but this new interview with the sheriff is different. He's purposely playing down her injuries- even the assault part. He also seems to be playing down the way she ended up at the drop off spot.

Why?

I wonder if in addition to interviewing Sherri today, the sheriff has also viewed surveillance video since his last interview.

Sheriff Bosenko said in his first interview after Sherri's release that LE would be pursuing potential surveillance video and cell record evidence, and we know related search warrants were filed.

Some are, yes. And some are passionate to you personally because you feel you've come to know the person. And those can be hard, especially when the ending remains unknown or else the ending is the opposite of what you wanted. Because you truly care for this stranger and for their loved ones. It can really make and break your heart. xo

If hose clamps were in fact used to restrain SP, I'm amazed. I am usually pretty good with gadget thingies but trying to use these in my life was an exercise in futility, the rings would pop out of the clamp before tightening, etc. So so strange.

So one media outlet reports that captors left her for dead by the side of the road, and this one says she freed herself.

Stick a fork in me.
It said, "had been held and freed herself from restraints.". Which is not the same as freed herself.

Are we allowed to discuss the so-called negotiator? He is quoted in some of the major news stories but I haven't heard anything establishing his credibility. These "celebrity" cases draw a lot of wackos and I'm wondering if he is considered legit.

You can discuss the negotiator as it relates to what is said in MSM but you cannot sleuth him personally and post what you find here.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members